Horsey resolutions for 2014

AmieeT

Visit site
-Take Red to a Show
-Get some riding lessons
-Learn to jump, and do some jumping classes
-Gallop on the beach
-Ride as many different horses as I can

Well... Still haven't had any riding lessons! :S Keep meaning to!

Haven't had any lessons, like I said, but I have had a few jumping sessions on Red :) He's SUCH a good teacher (though enthusiastic at jumping is an understatement!

Haven't galloped on the beach, but that's not a big want for me anymore, would still love to, it's just not something that I REALLY want anymore.

BUT-

I've ridden a dew different horse, and have found each has taught me something new. Just what I was wanting from them.

And I did take Red to a show. I didn't enjoy it, we did a few in-hand classes, and a ridden. It dragged and we both got bored waiting for the next class. It's not something Red's done an awful lot of, and I'd rather have taken him on a nice hack and really enjoyed the ride than stood outside a ring waiting with an even more impatient pony to contend with!

Isn't it funny looking back, seeing what you've achieved and how you've changed? Those things really mattered to me before, but now I couldn't really care so long as Red is well.

Ax

Visit site
I did get Gray out a few times resulting in 3 wins, an championship, a last and a leaving of the ring lol!

Jeff didn't make it back out in the ring due to too many other things going on.

My nephew rode at the Highland and did very well - 15th of 38 and the hihest placed Shetland.

2015 will be different again for many, many more reasons! Mainly -NO MORE GRANNY SUIT!!!!!! WOOOO WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lexi_

Visit site
At the grand old age of 31 (well, I will be by the time shows start again), to have a go at competing. Monty's owner is more than happy for me to have a go and there are local shows within hacking distance so there's nothing stopping me except nerves!

Also a beach ride would be great fun and we're closeish to Formby so here's hoping!

Haven't done any of these! Whoops!

Basically I don't think I have a competitive spirit, plus the local RC have switched venues and transport is an issue.

We've done lots of fun stuff though! Hacked out alone (prob not a big deal to anyone else but it was to me), learned to lunge, did much fun loose schooling, went galloping on the big fields and generally had a lovely time. My ambitions are small ones :)

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
It's so great to read everyone's progress, and so interesting to see how our focus has changed over the year. I laughed when I read my plans for a ODE as I was at an eventing yard when I wrote that and am now far more content with dressage and perhaps taking him out with the hounds next year :)

ellie11987

Visit site
1. Bring my mare back into full work after injury
2. Try to have a lameness free year hopefully!
3. Get a new stressage saddle and some matchy
4. Survive her first stressage outing in May
5. Be competing successfully at Prelim by the end of the season

Just small goals this year to introduce her to the dressage scene!

Looking back at this I have only accomplished 1 and 2 hahaha! Life gets in the way sometimes... although number 3 should be ticked off in Jan. My 2015 resolutions? Just have fun for our last summer together, no pressure :)