Horsey resolutions for 2015

Carlosmum

Visit site
To get my 8yo pony who behaves like he is 5, going properly & into the showring.

To jump my other chap round a 90cm sj or xc course.

However, in order to achieve the above I need to stop making excuses not to ride if I'm having an 'off'day.

meesha

Visit site
If vet gives all clear on 8th jan (fingers crossed) get Dex fit, then do some beach rides , all the good fun rides in readiness for hunting but also try boxing to some new places.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Mine are:
1. Get Chloe out on a hack alone. Backed in July and hacks out in company well, but as a nervy sort going alone will be a biggie.
2. Get Henry out to a pleasure ride. Haven't done one for years and he's 23 this year, so need to get him out before he slows down/retires.
3. Try some in hand dressage moves with Chloe. Nothing fancy, but she seemed to be good at it when walking her down the hay field and it would get me in the school (neither of us are a fan of ridden schooling).

Just to amuse you, I saw a book of BD tests in my local shop for a tenner. Very nearly bought them to help with resolution, but thankfully noticed they were advanced to GP. Me. GP. Wot a laff! 😂

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
So as it's the last day of 2015 I thought I'd bring this post back to life and see how everyone got on with their 2015 resolutions.

For us, we've made the move up to Prelim and have started getting frillies which is more than I could say for 2014.

We've also found a great new instructor who is helping us put the foundations in place for our move up to novice.

As for jumping, we're still working on it but my brave pants are firmly in place these days. This year saw us jumping a lot more on sponsored rides and even clearing a 3ft log that had fallen in the woods. The overexcited buckaroo impressions before jumps no longer phase me and I've found myself actually riding into jumps rather than just being a passenger. So it's onwards and upwards on the jumping front in 2016.

Would love to hear how everyone else got on.

c2b

Visit site
I only have one horsey resolution:

I am on a diy only yard no services offered. We have always helped each other out when it comes to folk going away, being ill etc. However I have been taken for a mug once too often. I am no longer offering to help anyone out. Anyone wants me to do their horse for them will cost them £10 an hour. Don't like my terms, feel free to find another mug.

Asha

Visit site
Some dressage tests on my two 5 yo's. First one is in a couple of weeks eek.

Lightly back my other youngster ( not me!) sit on her by the end of the year, then turn her away. I'm soooo hoping she's as chilled under saddle as she is to handle.

Take the other babies to a in hand show.

Get some rosettes

I did the dressage tests, was chuffed as both behaved well, and got my best score to date on my homebred.

My youngster was backed in December, and looks like she will be sensible ! She's turned away now until spring.

Got some rosettes and some prize money , well done Harry

Failed on getting youngsters to an I hand show

But overall rather pleased !

JFTDWS

Visit site
Cruise the Daemon around a novice and some small show jumping competitions. Hit up some xc schooling.

Take Fergus out at BD Medium, install changes so we have the option of hitting AM in 2016 (all disasters aside), lots of training, try and establish the occasional better score at BD :p

Well Daemon went xc schooling and was awesome.

Fergus went out at medium (unaff) as I haven't renewed my BD membership. We have done lots of training (and more besides) although changes are still a work in progress. He is beasting a lot more though so it's all going in the right direction.

So it could've been worse.

WelshD

Visit site
1) get my half finished horsebox finished

2) Get out to some shows

3) practice running, find big pants and a rock solid bra for the showing

1) the horsebox was finished in as much as it passed an MOT, we have had four breakdowns between us though (two mechanical two emotional)

2) we did this, not so good as I would like but we won a few frillies and started writing about the ordeal for a magazine

3) totally nailed this but did need to layer two bras

EQUIDAE

Visit site
For those who need a rock solid bra for showing have a look at the Victoria Secrets sports bra - underwired, front fastening, double layer sports bras. They are bloody amazing!! Sadly they only go up to an E cup (DDD in US sizing)

My resolution is to make a schedule and stick to it, competing at least once a month in SJ and dressage. I also want to get project pony to the stage where I can get a bit and saddle on him and start in hand work.

ETA - I'm a year behind and didn't keep ANY of my 2015 ones :(