How Clean Is Your Horse? Photographic Evidence

Weezy

Visit site
Well this is the daaaaaaaaaaarling Boss this morning, must say tho that the photo does not do justice of exactly HOW filthy he really was!

bossdirty.jpg

I had already curried off most of it and started to attack his saddle patch LOL The following side was just as bad, in fact prob worse as he had buried his head in mud
smirk.gif
But I had already done quite a lot of work on it!

bossdirty1.jpg

Can you beat this - this is what I have to contend with every day!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
He can't be turned out with a rug on can he....... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, gutted
tongue.gif

I refuse to turn mine out so all I have to deal with is a bit of flax, a few crusty bits here and there and p!ssy tails, I really feel sorry for you
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
LOL nope no rugging permitted!!! This was yesterdays mud as I turned him out after riding and he went straight for the mud - I actually welled up when he did it and my friends were laughing at me! (they hadnt been out for 2 days as the fieds were too wet) - left it last night as I am only rugging on cold nights (and it was particularly mild last night) so had to attack this morning - oh the joys of it! Still he is worth it
laugh.gif

Weezy

Visit site
No ExtremeB he has a rug phobia and I would rather have to deal with the mud and let him go out than to keep him inside

You wouldnt believe he is a 2* eventer looking like that would you LOL!!!

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
hehe, had one of them, altho mine broke three rambo rugs within as many days and i was not happy so it went naked for the rest of the winter
laugh.gif

I sympathise!!
grin.gif

he is lovely tho
laugh.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Nope - cant even have them in adjoining pens anymore as Treacle was kicking the wall
blush.gif

I am in with Sandy (and yes, L has your old paddock still so our 2 are in the smallest (well other than Ash's) but never mind!

X

xspiralx

flippin heck! well you;re lucky you;re not sharing with her!

Not only did she not bother with the poo picking half the time, but T completely wrecked the gate and then blamed it on P!!

Weezy

Visit site
Thats why I am not clipping him yet - luckily I have all the time in the world to work my horses down without being in a rush at the moment and he doesnt sweat up an awful amount

Once we step up the anti and he requires clipping (should he) then he will only go out for an hour or so and then only when the weather is good! Luckily he is in a big pen so not confined to a 12 x 12 - J has managed to get him through every winter so far so I dont think we will ahev too many issues (and he will rug happily indoors)
laugh.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Aww Bossy looks so happy! I was disgusted when my horse rolled yesterday after I spent the previous night bathing her ready for clipping, she had a rug and neck cover on and still got so filthy she blunted the clipper blades! But Boss... well that he is just something else!

sojeph

Visit site
Well at least you can resore a muddy horse back to white with a bit of elbow grease!! This soil in Devon stains!! This is my white pony in the summer:
sophiefirstshow004.jpg

and in the winter:
i1picture010.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Sorry but that is my worst nightmare Weezy!!
shocked.gif

We don't really have mud over here but it has been raining for a couple of weeks on and off. Our farm drains very quickly and not really a chance for mud to build up.....however my lot do enjoy it when it rains and they try to get dirty......foiled their plans by rugging, LOL!!

I'm dying for the snow to arrive = nice clean horses.
cool.gif

Weezy

Visit site
LOL!!! Thing is we dont actually have any *mud* in the field, but we are on clay, so it sits on the top if, like we have had the last few days, daily rain (albeit only at night) - ho hum, dont mind really, would prefer he was out and dirty than kept in constantly - he loves his time out!

And to make you crnge even more - just got him in and he is like this again

bossdirty4.jpg

LOL!!!!!!

Tia

Visit site
Aaargh! Mind you I suppose if they are already wet and it isn't too cold, you could always hose them down.

How depressing LOL! Nice to see them having fun in the field though.
smile.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
must never buy a grey...must never buy a grey...must never...

really girls, you are TOTALLY putting me off them. They are FILTHY!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Hurry rolls a lot, but he rolls in poo rather than mud and will go off searching for poo to roll in. Dirty and stinking!

Pidge

Visit site
No photographic evidence I'm afraid but went to get Pidge in a couple of weeks ago and was met by a lovely bay horse, problem is Pidge is chestnut! He was covered from head to toe in mud, makes Boss look positively clean. I took me 30 minutes with one of those round bendy metal combs to get the worst off, and then another 20 minutes with a stiff brush followed by a body brush! There was a nice pile of dry mud on the floor by the time I'd finished and I was kn******d. He is the original mud monster and actively finds the mud in the field to roll in, his speciality is getting mud where his saddle goes and that's with his rug on
tongue.gif