How Clean Is Your Horse? Photographic Evidence

Weezy

Visit site
lec I have been toying with that idea - so long as it didnt get wet it *shouldnt* cause much of a prob
confused.gif
I thought maybe the change of scene would allow me to try with the rug thing again but J has tried him in 3 different locations and he blind gallops and I deffo dont want an accident on my conscious!

Someone needs to develop a babygrow that is waxed!

Sooty

Visit site
Ah welcome to my world!
grin.gif
We had a grey who was always either muddy or poohey, now we have two chestnuts - one of whom doesn't like being wet or muddy, the other cannot be wet and muddy enough! Get which one I get to groom? I like it best when the mud is so wet that all I can do is put him in his stable until it dries off. Like some time the next day...
tongue.gif
Seriously, we are on clay too, and it dries in great big clumps in his mane and tail and if you try and brush dried mud off it just covers everyone and everything in grey dust. On mild days he gets hosed down, on not so mild days he gets put away after the worst is off. As they both live out without a rug they have fairly long coats, which doesn't help. Mud on a horse in winter is a sign that the horse is lucky enough to have all year turnout!

Gingernags

Visit site
Well I'm lucky with Asti, though she grinds mud into her head and neck, and a bit on her legs, the rug saves us, and she's a ginge so it doesn't look too bad...

But seeing this, I almost feel sorry for my sister...

Hmmm... is this mud I see before me? Better not waste it...
Photo-0325_001.jpg

Look, I'll come and show you how clean I am...
Photo-0327_003.jpg

TA-DA!!!!! Well you did say you expected a bay filly didn't you? I'm doing my best!!!
Photo-0328_004.jpg

Isn't she lovely????

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
he he Axel came in looking much the same yesterday so I only brushed off his neck and where the saddle goes, I left the rest of him muddy! He rolled straight away again as soon as he went out, but when it rained last night it washed him clean
smile.gif

I have now rugged him up
grin.gif

miniemy

Visit site
I thought I bought a coloured...oh how wrong was I LOL. Bad move on my part. Let hope by the time he is 4 he has grown out of the rolling phase.

Ollisocleanerrnot.jpg