How Clean Is Your Horse? Photographic Evidence

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
If he were mine he'd be having a cold bath every ruddy day.............He's minging!!!

Eugh, mud! *cringes*

wink.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
blush.gif

Munchie

Visit site
Jumping on the dirty grey bandwagon.....though nowhere near as bad as some of yours!!

Still, at least he seems pleased with himself!
grin.gif

DSCF0605.jpg

I love his lil black tips on his ears.....
grin.gif
Sooo cute!

DSCF0608.jpg

Weezy

Visit site
I sort out his saddle area to ride and curry off the worst elsewhere (or grooming block it) and, I am afraid to say, I leave the rest! He wont be hosed off properly until a week on Tuesday when he will be prepared for hunting! Plus I want him to keep as much natural defense in his coat as possible - we are lucky that our hacking is on private land so no one sees us!

sorona

Visit site
That is one filthy horse, I thought my cream dun ground the mud in but i dont think I have ever seen him that bad; luckily the rest of mine are dark bays and one chestnut flaxen who will grind his forelock and mane into the dirt, yuk; but I dont think i will moan about it any more, lol!!

Ginn

Visit site
tongue.gif
My pony is clean and tidy
tongue.gif
Her coat is so glossy that even in the middle of winter the mud flicks off effortlessly.

This was her on Friday having been out in a muddy field rugless for the day after a quick flick with a body brush
tongue.gif

0001.jpg

Ginn

Visit site
Thankies. She does seem to indulge in a daily mud pack but it flicks off sooo easily - I've never come across anything like it before! Just hope she stops growing soon or I won't be able to reach the high bits
blush.gif

beh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
:p My pony is clean and tidy
tongue.gif
Her coat is so glossy that even in the middle of winter the mud flicks off effortlessly.

This was her on Friday having been out in a muddy field rugless for the day after a quick flick with a body brush
tongue.gif

0001.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

really, what a perfect horse you have, i can tell you hardly spent no time cleaning any mud off

Weezy

Visit site
She is one absolutely gorgeous horse - I cannot wait to see her progress when you start to back her etc

And dammit can she teach Boss how to roll and NOT ingrain the the mud!

Ginn

Visit site
Maybe its our clay soil? But vinegar and hot water lifts even wet mud brilliantly so threaten him with a bath!

Ginn

Visit site
Really!? Its brilliant stuff! Mix 1 part vinegar to about 10 parts boiling water and hot towel. Fantastic stuff! Especially in the winter when its too cold to bath. I'll put the mud repellant down to T's super fine tb coat then.

Vicky7041

Visit site
ROFL, that is so funny! Sorry but I can't beat that! My boy is a georgous pink roan, which hides a multitude of sins thankfully!
Its a bit like groundhog day for you at the mo then?? Tomorrows pic is gonna be even better then what with all todays rain!
laugh.gif
:

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Really!? Its brilliant stuff! Mix 1 part vinegar to about 10 parts boiling water and hot towel. Fantastic stuff! Especially in the winter when its too cold to bath. I'll put the mud repellant down to T's super fine tb coat then.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even better mixed with 100% alcohol - we called it rubbing alcohol in the US. It's difficult to get over here though - you CANNOT drink it though - would prob kill you
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
ooo.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Oh he is in overnight! Got him at at 3 today (he went out at about 11) as the rain started to spit and I didnt want him soaked! It is exactly like Groundhog day but luckily I play ponies as my day job so it isnt a big deal!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
My god that gives me nightmares! Had an 11hh pony who got covered and was grey but luckily I was too small so my mother dealt with it!
grin.gif

Would Boss freak out at one of those giant babygros? Like the ones FMM uses? Its much thinner and body hugging than a rug.