How do you get your livery bill/pay

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Cheque by the 7th of the month or he adds on £10 late payment charge. He doesn't like cash but will accept it. We don't get an invoice he just expects us to know what we need to pay but his prices are very straightforward so it's easy peasy.
Yard I moved from in Spring left a paper invoice in full view of everyone else in the feed room which I didn't really like tbh, don't know why as we all paid the same basic rates but I like that sort of stuff to be kept more private. Those invoices were paid by cheque too.

tiahatti

Visit site
I pay standing order & any extras I give cash directly to the lady who does the Services. I won't leave cash as I have been on yards where cash & belongings have been stolen.

miss_c

Visit site
Monthly direct debit, and then on the rare occasion extras are used he will email you what you owe and again you pay by bank transfer. All super easy and don't really need to think about it.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I get a monthly invoice via an email and it’s paid by direct debit. It’s the same every month as no services provided. I have bought some hay off the estate and I pay for that by bank transfer to a different account as and when I get some.

I pay most of my bills like farrier, physio and hay man by bank transfer rather than cash these days.

little_critter

Visit site
DIY yard so no extras to worry about. We don’t get bills. I have a standing order set up for the monthly livery which I change as and when I move onto / off of yard supplied bedding. Hay is a set cost per week so I keep tabs of how many weeks between my livery payments and BACS the appropriate hay payment separately.

Tarragon

Visit site
I only pay for my DIY livery and he only accepts cash. So, every 6 to 8 weeks (when I remember and he is in!) I pop into the house and pay in cash for the previous 6 to 8 weeks . All very informal! I would prefer to set up an automatic debit so I can just forget about it but he doesn't, so I have to takes wads of money out of the bank and feel a little vulnerable carrying it around for a day before handing it over.

9tails

Visit site
Bill comes by email, livery paid by standing order. Extra hay is charged separately, usually wrong so has to be questioned regularly.

FNC

Visit site
Assisted DIY, no extras unless it was winter snow and I couldn’t get there. No reminders or bills I just marked it in my diary when the bill was due and paid online. Never late paying so I don’t know hat she did with those that were

Greylegs

Visit site
Nothing on paper at my yard!

I pay cash on the due date, but some liveries pay by bank transfer. I keep note (in my head) of any extras incurred during the month, so each monthly payment is made up of the following month's rent/livery paid in advance and any extras, such as additional bedding etc, from the current month paid in arrears.

AandK

Visit site
Have done a cheque to YO in the past but current yard is monthly payment by standing order on 1st of the month, I don't get a bill as such, as livery is the same month to month. Then YM lets me know the cost of any extras for the past month via text, and I transfer via BACS.

JulesRules

Visit site
I don't get a bill. I have a DD set up on for stable and grazing and lorry storage and I pay cash as and when I buy hay or straw from YO. I don't get charged for any extras as we all just look after each other ie I fill her water when I'm doing mine as its a job she struggles with, or take her out in my lorry and she will poo pick if I'm away etc.

conniegirl

Visit site
Im on part livery so hay/bedding/a lot of services are included in the weekly fee. I pay by monthly standing order for livery fees.

Any extra (holiday cover or wormer are about the only extras) i pay for as and when they occur. So when i go on holiday later this month i will pay the extra cover on my return by BACS

V&F

Visit site
2 x bills left in feed room, one for livery bill and the other for hay/bedding.

Paid by direct debit

Previous yards have always been a cash through the letter box once a week, used to drive me nuts! Hated going to the cash point all the time!

tankgirl1

Visit site
Regular standing order, I pay extra all year round to cover hay and turnout over winter, works really well for me, and YO is happy to have money going in regularly. When I have been on cash only yards I end up in a right pickle because I was always forgetting to go to the cash machine

Leo Walker

Visit site
I pay a standing order for livery, then on the 1st add up my hay and straw usage and send a BACS payment with a note on. My YO is a lovely, lovely woman but she is not the most organised!

Kat

Visit site
Monthly standing order for livery, separate one for my regular services. If I have any extras I use BACS.

Bills normally handwritten and left outside my stable.

Old YO used to want cash or card payment which was fine but sometimes I didn't see her for weeks so payment would be late. Much prefer standing order.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Cash weekly on a Sunday handed over in person, often followed by a cup of tea and a chat with yard owner. In winter hay is extra so YO tells me how many bales I owe for and it is added on the my weekly bill.
If I am going away for any period of time I pay in advance for 2 weeks etc and just add hay on when I'm back

conkers

Visit site
I've only been on one yard where I got a physical bill. Which was always wrong. So i ended up doing my own bill to reflect what I should be paying for, taking that into the office and paying once agreed.

Some yards I have paid by cash. But always asked for a receipt following a time when I had been paying the YM and they had been pocketing it for themselves. It was a nasty surprise when I got a chase up for around £1000 of unpaid livery when I had paid religiously on the first of every month.

I have also been on yards where I have paid by monthly DD. This worked well and any extras were paid for by cash.

Now, I just pay every 5 weeks as I can draw £500 out of the cash point. I am the only livery on the yard and it works for us.