How do you keep motivated?

Amaretto

Visit site
As above really. Even if you have the most amazing horse, and you should be buzzing, do you ever feel like you can't be bothered and don't know why?
confused.gif

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
I have moments like that all the time but then remind myself of how hard I have worked to get where I am and how much my sponsors have invested in me.

ELF

Visit site
I too have these moments, by the time i get home from work, get the baby sorted and off to bed, get some tea do household chores, sometimes i just think I can't be bothered! But it's actually my horse that keeps me motivated, how hard he tries at everything I've asked him to do, and how grateful he seems to be at being a 'one horse owner' horse and not on a busy race yard. The feeling I got when we crossed the finish line of our first xc ( and ode!) at richmond in May will keep me going for a long time!
smile.gif
smile.gif

catembi

Visit site
Yes I do have moments when I can't be bothered. Instead of thinking, I've GOT to ride my horse, I try to think, I WANT to ride my horse. It makes it seem like a treat instead of a chore.

I do sj & dr lessons every week & compete most weeks, which I think helps.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I do sj & dr lessons every week & compete most weeks, which I think helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this works for me too. I find if I have the next lesson booked up, it keeps me working! I would hate to turn up to lesson feeling like I hadn't been 'practicing' since the last one. Since finding a really decent trainer, I have been more focussed than ever.
cool.gif
(scared of ****ing up!!
blush.gif
tongue.gif
)

I also find having entries in for the next few events keeps me motivated - don't wanna waste all that money by being underprepared.

diggerbez

Visit site
you need a plan of action m'dear- it doesn't have to be anything major just something like:

1st prelim test by september- will make you focus on your schooling and putting movements together. maybe get someone to video you once a week doing a test at home so that you can 'judge' yourself
1st clear round by october. in the meantime work on jumping various different courses and introducing spooky ass fillers.
something like that- then it gives you something to plan to and work towards...and then if you aren't ready you just change your plans. perhaps write them down in your diary or something, to make it all more tangible.
smile.gif

Amaretto

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you need a plan of action m'dear- it doesn't have to be anything major just something like:

1st prelim test by september- will make you focus on your schooling and putting movements together. maybe get someone to video you once a week doing a test at home so that you can 'judge' yourself
1st clear round by october. in the meantime work on jumping various different courses and introducing spooky ass fillers.
something like that- then it gives you something to plan to and work towards...and then if you aren't ready you just change your plans. perhaps write them down in your diary or something, to make it all more tangible.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, just been out of the game so long - used to have Fee's schedule planned on a year planner with lessons, comps etc. Is the above your plan then?

diggerbez

Visit site
pretty much...but its flexible. i'm aiming to start XC in august but it depends on how his jumping is coming on as we're still only doing teeny stuff. he's having a month off too so that could put us back a bit
crazy.gif
having said that TN keeps threatening clear rounds so might not be long if she has anything to do with it
shocked.gif
crazy woman!
grin.gif

need to also get him out and about to see the world. he's hacking great in company (but not braved canter yet) but is a wimp on his own so that needs working on too...so much to do! BE is looking a long way off!! still no rush i guess!
smile.gif