How do you store your electric fence posts neatly!

Spottyappy

Visit site
Help needed as mine keep making a take over bid, and I have no idea what I can do to improve the way I store the tall electric fence posts.
They are in a corner, tied with bale twine,but periodically they break free, collapsing all over the floor, and surrounding area and cause a trip hazard.
Anyone found a good way to keep them handy but tidy and safe?
TIA.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
if they haven't broken off, some are designed so the bottom of one can clip into the top of another, so I pair them all up and then cable tie through the holes in the middle of the uprights, that keeps them all nicely under control :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
our main storage is a wheelie bin but I don't think the 4fts would fit in that but I've realised I have no idea where we actually keep those!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Mine are in an old stable I use for storage. There was a wall mounted plastic feeder/manger in the corner so I took the plastic bowl out and use the metal frame to contain my fencing posts.

Equi

Visit site
Mine are thrown into a shed that has nothing else but them in it, and i close the door. Voila, tidy! I coudln't even face opening the door to make starve pens this year tbh. Horses have had their stone paddocks and let on to the long grass. They're actually skinnier this year than last :/

SEL

Visit site
I'd love to know how you lot get to store yours away right now when I've had to drag every single flippin post into use (Inc the wonky ones) to try and reduce fat horse grass intake!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'd love to know how you lot get to store yours away right now when I've had to drag every single flippin post into use (Inc the wonky ones) to try and reduce fat horse grass intake!
I have quite a collection :p previously had to double fence Kira at old yard to avoid fisticuffs, and now her fencing is done for me, so I only need it for strip grazing the oldies!

meleeka

Visit site
In a dustbin in the hay barn. Inevitably I have a fight when I try to remove one and it brings a load others with it, which then promptly end up all over the floor. There’s usually swearing...

This doesn’t happen if you store them upside down, so with the point up.

You’re welcome 😉

3OldPonies

Visit site
I've tried old dustbins, feed bags and tying in bundles, they still manage to escape somehow, or if I want one I get ten at once!

What really annoys though is not just how tangled the tape gets, but how does it turn into spiraling ringlets when I'm trying to get it to lie flat back on the spool?