Pictures HOW FILTHY IS YOUR CAR??

dreams579

Visit site
My daughter moved out over 2 years ago & she has mot cleaned her car since them. It's a grey VW Golf. well nearer brown really/
2 years? Is that all? I’ve owned my car for 8 years and never cleaned the inside! And the outside just has number plates/lights cleaned occasionally...I mean, that’s what’s rains for right?!

planete

Visit site
Mine is so bad that I am not sure you would be able to tell it's a car at all.
When they get really really bad I scrap them :D

Yes, I buy second-hand and give up on them when they are only held together by the accumulated dirt. My neighbour has given up giving me advice on how to remove scratch marks too. I will try and make time for some pictures. The unravelling carpet in the boot is one of my bitches' special achievements. After a spate of burst tyres, there is also a dirty great full size spare wheel strapped to the back of the passenger seat.

PurBee

Visit site
Oh its a shame ireland isnt covered! Our land rover last had a clean...ohhh.....quite a few yrs ago! Its a farm vehicle really, and now sports mould growth inside, and a green layer of gunge on the outside. Its loaded with mud and oil and god knows what else...probably mushrooms growing in there by now.....its been a while since i ventured in it....my OH mainly deals with driving the beast!
???

GSD Woman

Visit site
This is hysterical. I thought my car was bad. Too bad the USA isn't included because a friend has a truck that has seen it all. Sheep, horses, border collies, rugs, poopy boots, and I'm convinced a dead body or 2.

FFAQ

Visit site
Ha ha, I drive a 3.5t Renault master horse box. The bit where the horse goes is pristine. The rest of it? Well let's just say I had to weed it before giving the cab a clean over Christmas! I had to empty out the groom's section at the weekend so I could pick up some hay and I even had a clothes horse in there. No idea why, or even how it got there!
Anyway, by normal standards it's fairly gross (my nephew informed me it stinks), but it's been a lot worse!

P.forpony

Visit site
Had to excavate mine today...
It’s being collected tomorrow after writing it off in a melodramatic puddle a few days ago.

Amongst the 3 headcollars, 1 and a half pairs of brushing boots, a broken noseband etc and 2 bin bags of general detritus I found half a dozen different ‘work’ outfits carefully wrapped up in plastic bags to avoid contamination from the rest of the car. ?
I tried scraping some of the mud and gravel out of the footwell with a trowel out of embarrassment, but then I remembered my husband is the one handing it over ?
He calls all of my vehicles ‘the pit of despair’

Oh and a bonus, something rather funky going on in the boot after a brilliant idea to save time, soak speedy beet on the way to the yard...!
Went rather badly after failing to consider that a bucket full of flakes and warm water doesn’t corner very well on country roads.

cheekywelshie

Visit site
I’ve just given up with mine. What’s the point when I’m driving up a dirt track with pot holes full of muddy water day on day out. I tried taking a change of footwear to change back into but it makes no difference the stairwells just get wet and muddy. I used to carry a container with warm water in it so I could top up the water bucket in the stable and stop them freezing over. Only on the way to the yard I had it on the front seat ? the container top fell off water went all over the stairwell in the passenger seat and must’ve affected the alarm because the next day it went off and would not stop - I had to get to the yard and was on a main road so carried on - all the way there, the alarm was going off. Eventually I disconnected what I thought was the alarm siren and it stopped, floor has just about dried out. I’m sure my car isn’t the worst by far although it is muddy and a damaged workhorse through a dent caused by a tractor (ok me opening door, then wind blew door against tractor) and driving down the track I hit a random ! piece of metal that bounced up and hit the car ? That said, it’s towed me my horse to the beach twice! It’s a five year old Dacia Duster, which I’ve had since new. Not built for comfort but a sturdy and well...a cheap but underrated workhorse. My non horsey partner has a Freelander and it is absolutely spotless next to mine, which seems a bit pointless as it isn’t doing the job it’s built to do ??

scats

Visit site
I have a Rav 4. The boot is where the big dog goes and the back seats are where the little dogs go. As a result, my car is a mass of sand and filth. I do have a cover on the back seat. The floor currently houses de-icer, a gullet from my saddle, one glove, a bag with a change of clothes and a baseball cap.

jackbbc

Visit site
Jack try farmers, too. You'll find a dead sheep in the back of some farm vehicles, though you really need smell TV to appreciate a farmer's car properly ?. We bought a Landy once that had 6 inches of mud on the chassis and an inch or two on the inside of the roof.

Omg!! Yes, I didn't even think of that. Can you recommend any farming forums?? I dread to think what the Landy looked like with all the mud haha!!

jackbbc

Visit site
2 years? Is that all? I’ve owned my car for 8 years and never cleaned the inside! And the outside just has number plates/lights cleaned occasionally...I mean, that’s what’s rains for right?!
8 years and never cleaned the inside!! I need to see this. If you wouldn't mind sending me over some pictures of the interior and exterior to jack.norman01@bbc.co.uk that would be great! If the file sizes are too big however, just ping them over in a DM on my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jack.norman.906/ :)

jackbbc

Visit site
I have a Rav 4. The boot is where the big dog goes and the back seats are where the little dogs go. As a result, my car is a mass of sand and filth. I do have a cover on the back seat. The floor currently houses de-icer, a gullet from my saddle, one glove, a bag with a change of clothes and a baseball cap.
These all sound fab!! I'd love to see pictures. If you can, are you able to send me some pictures of the interior and exterior to jack.norman01@bbc.co.uk and if the file sizes are too large you can always DM them to me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jack.norman.906/ :)

jackbbc

Visit site
I’ve just given up with mine. What’s the point when I’m driving up a dirt track with pot holes full of muddy water day on day out. I tried taking a change of footwear to change back into but it makes no difference the stairwells just get wet and muddy. I used to carry a container with warm water in it so I could top up the water bucket in the stable and stop them freezing over. Only on the way to the yard I had it on the front seat ? the container top fell off water went all over the stairwell in the passenger seat and must’ve affected the alarm because the next day it went off and would not stop - I had to get to the yard and was on a main road so carried on - all the way there, the alarm was going off. Eventually I disconnected what I thought was the alarm siren and it stopped, floor has just about dried out. I’m sure my car isn’t the worst by far although it is muddy and a damaged workhorse through a dent caused by a tractor (ok me opening door, then wind blew door against tractor) and driving down the track I hit a random ! piece of metal that bounced up and hit the car ? That said, it’s towed me my horse to the beach twice! It’s a five year old Dacia Duster, which I’ve had since new. Not built for comfort but a sturdy and well...a cheap but underrated workhorse. My non horsey partner has a Freelander and it is absolutely spotless next to mine, which seems a bit pointless as it isn’t doing the job it’s built to do ??
Oh wow!! This sounds great!! Are you able to send me some pictures of the interior and exterior to jack.norman01@bbc.co.uk or if the file sizes are too large you can always DM me them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jack.norman.906/ :)

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I clearly have no shame, although I am slightly embarrassed to admit the utter squalor that is my car!

I have 2 heavyweight 7ft3 rugs in it, 1 x medium weight, 4 x storage box, 3 x coats, 1 x water bottle, 1 x contraceptive patch, 3 x lighters, 1 x lipstick (god knows why), 1 x pair of horseshoes which live in there from my old boy, 2 x pairs of gloves, 2 x stable hanging brackets, a lot of mud, hay shavings and horse cr*p probably (which actually isn't bad for a small hatchback!). It smells as bad as it looks and is fully of dust as the air con doesn't work, so when I drive up the dusty track to the yard it all comes in the windows.

I will give it a clean soon, as it's become a little OTT, but it's difficult to find the motivation when it get's wrecked so quickly again.

Bizarrely, my flat is super super clean and tidy - you wouldn't think it! I don't have any house animals though, apart from the OH, so it's relatively easy.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 36
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 40
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 38
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 39

jackbbc

Visit site
I clearly have no shame, although I am slightly embarrassed to admit the utter squalor that is my car!

I have 2 heavyweight 7ft3 rugs in it, 1 x medium weight, 4 x storage box, 3 x coats, 1 x water bottle, 1 x contraceptive patch, 3 x lighters, 1 x lipstick (god knows why), 1 x pair of horseshoes which live in there from my old boy, 2 x pairs of gloves, 2 x stable hanging brackets, a lot of mud, hay shavings and horse cr*p probably (which actually isn't bad for a small hatchback!). It smells as bad as it looks and is fully of dust as the air con doesn't work, so when I drive up the dusty track to the yard it all comes in the windows.

I will give it a clean soon, as it's become a little OTT, but it's difficult to find the motivation when it get's wrecked so quickly again.

Bizarrely, my flat is super super clean and tidy - you wouldn't think it! I don't have any house animals though, apart from the OH, so it's relatively easy.

Oh wow!! Sounds like there's a lot in there. The pictures are great. Would you be able to send me some more to jack.norman01@bbc.co.uk and if the file sizes are too big DM them to me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jack.norman.906/ :)

Smitty

Visit site
I try and keep on top of cleaning my interior out, it's hoovered every year whether it needs it or not as no longer have horses, but when I did, on a once every 3 months or so hoover, came across a dead mouse, much to delight of neighbours who knew I was scummy anyway ?

Kipper's Dick

Visit site
I try and keep on top of cleaning my interior out, it's hoovered every year whether it needs it or not as no longer have horses, but when I did, on a once every 3 months or so hoover, came across a dead mouse, much to delight of neighbours who knew I was scummy anyway ?

We carried a mouse around with us for ages. He had his nest in the spare wheel compartment behind the back seats. He must have come on holiday with us at least once (before we realised he had been in there!).

Last edited: