How is this entertainment ? Caution upsetting.

twiggy2

Visit site
I have seen it before and it shocks me every time.

we see at least one horse die from the events in that clip and the fact that 2 horses stop dead when they feel the rope is frightening, how many times do they have to go through this-once is more than bad enough.

Antw23uk

Visit site
I'd seen more than enough by 02;18 :( In answer to your question there is NOTHING entertaining about that. Its a bunch of knuckle dragging 'macho men' getting together and measureing how big there nobs are and who has the biggest!!!

They are low lifes and what they do is dispicable and there is no rim or reason for it other than that they are scum hiding behind the word 'tradition'! :mad:

Sleipnir

Visit site
This is from one of the countries in South America and is called horse tripping. It is supposed to represent to skill of a gaucho to catch/stop a wild horse and is a national thing. As far as I know, it happens in some places in Mexico as well.

olivia x

Visit site
This is awful. Imagine the pain to the horse in hitting the ground like that. I was surprised their necks were not broken. This is awful.

TrasaM

Visit site
Omg that is so horrendous!! If I was there with a gun I would shoot the men and I'm not normally prone to violence

I'd like to see them tied to the horses they're going to trip and see how brave they are after they've been crash landed on.
Thanks for link PollyP. :( am better informed now.

Meems

Visit site
Vile, what a disgusting bunch of nasty little men, strutting around like they're big and clever, I don't know how they sleep at night :mad::mad:

hnmisty

Visit site
I skipped a bit further in and watched about 3 seconds.

One thought: WTF?!

Seriously, this is entertainment? Some people have some messed up ideas. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to help bring an end to this "fun" :(

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
I haven't read all the posts, but as I know about it I will post.

It is Argentina, I reported this to WHW last year and they are looking into it. They don't have anyone on the ground over there, but last I heard they were looking to get welfare people involved.
H&H moved my post soon after I possted it.

dizemo

New User
Visit site
Wow :( my heart is in the pit of my stomach watching that, I couldn't watch it all. I have gone all light headed and sick feeling. Never seen anything like this before and had never heard of it. I can't believe what I have just seen :( I Can't believe things like this are still allowed to go on - in any country. Sick - totally sick, nasty inhumane low lifes! As with all animal cruelty, in my opinion - like for like punishment - they should have their legs caught, twisted and jerked from under them while they are running full pelt and see how many of their legs and necks break. This has upset me and angered me.