How is this entertainment ? Caution upsetting.

PolarSkye

Visit site
What the actual hell? I'm afraid I couldn't watch past about a minute 50 seconds . . . it is just so distressing to see those horses hit the floor like that.

P

twiggy2

Visit site
I haven't read all the posts, but as I know about it I will post.

It is Argentina, I reported this to WHW last year and they are looking into it. They don't have anyone on the ground over there, but last I heard they were looking to get welfare people involved.
H&H moved my post soon after I possted it.

the footage is not from Argentina, the 'sport' has gone over to America (banned in some states more are following) and Mexico

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
the footage is not from Argentina, the 'sport' has gone over to America (banned in some states more are following) and Mexico

Very sorry twiggy!! just basing my reply to the information I got from other H&H's at the time and with conversations with WHW.

A quote from one of them follows:

[They are Criollo horses and the country is Argentina. It is very sad and shocking that in this day and age, this kind of treatment still goes on. Proper Gauchos are very proud of their horses. The way out there is hard but that is very cruel and unnecessary by any countries standards. Shame on them.]

Yes it does happen in Mexico also.
At least I tried to do something in a very small way maybe, but I didn't have to shout someone down in the prosess

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I don't want to watch the video, I get the gist from what you're all saying.

Cowboy types. Even the so called good ones in rodeos never did it for me. I hate seeing calves lassooed (sp?) and dragged in rodeos too. Macho idiots.

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
This upset me when I first saw it in 2012 and bought it to the forum.
The whole thing is barbaric, does it matter what country it is in!! it is truely awfull and should be stopped!!!!
But when you get so many people watching it, as it is a fun day out for them, it is not going to be an easy or quick call for the WHW or any other org. It is the governments that have to change things and we all know how long these things take.
I can hardly see the screen for tears, any ideas on what else can be done, do let me know and help me out with it please!!!!!

TrasaM

Visit site
Hoofprints.. If we could say for sure where it took place then a letter to the relevant embassy maybe ? There has to be someone in authority there who cares :(

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
Hoofprints.. If we could say for sure where it took place then a letter to the relevant embassy maybe ? There has to be someone in authority there who cares :(

Thw WHW were looking into it and contacting people over in Argentina and no doubt other countries practicing this sport. I would think if anyone knew who to contact it would be them. Thanks tho contacting their Embassy might not be a bad idea.

sarahw123

Visit site
I'm sickened to the pit of my stomach. Poor poor animals.
What saddened me the most was the one that had obviously been through this before, so it stopped as soon as it was caught...but they kept chasing him to try and make him go down. Vile people. Alot of South American abuse coming to light recently.

AntxGeorgiax

Visit site
Just out of interest, can anyone speak that language to understand what's being said by the spectator? I ask because I simply cannot understand how people could do this for pleasure, surely there is something that can be done about this? Culture or not, we live in modern times and we know about the dangers of doing this, we have medical proof. This cannot simply be allowed to continue ! I'm feeling a campaign....

LaMooch

Visit site
I think its horrific and barbaric but at the end of the day its another country and their laws/rules/beliefs are different to ours. Yes we see it as wrong but they don't, like many any other countries doing wrong things to animals. I'm sorry if this upsets people.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Some people have no respect for their fellow humans, much less the animals that should be revered. Poor souls.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
As soon as I saw the title I thought it must be "horse tripping" sick sport, can't understand for the life of my why anyone would consider doing this !