How long have you owned your horses for

windswoo

Visit site
Exactly twenty four and a half years, he arrived with me around the solstice, 1997, aged five. Love him loads. Photo is Christmas Eve 2010.View attachment 84499
What a lovely picture.
My first horse I had from a foal until I lost him at 21, my second also bought as a foal is coming up 18 next year and then the mare which we've had 9 years who is 16 next year.
I had my first horse when I was 15 and I'm 47 next year.
Probably won't have anymore after these two though, unless I've either won the lottery or retired early

mini_b

Visit site
This one… 3 years.
he came to me at 12 having done more or less bugger all and has tried to please ever since. No world beater but he’s having a great time and he’s taught me about teaching him.
I wish I found him at 7yo he would have been my horse of a lifetime.

rowan666

Visit site
Current ones I've had for
Cap 10yrs
Tear 7yrs
Prinny 4yrs
Give or take, I think its likely longer on them all but the years just go by so fast it's hard to keep track tbh and I'm always forgetting how old they are bar the middle one because she was born a week after my daughter so easy to remember

Lois Lame

Visit site
Exactly twenty four and a half years, he arrived with me around the solstice, 1997, aged five. Love him loads. Photo is Christmas Eve 2010.View attachment 84499

Wonderful horse. Beautiful picture.

Most of my horses have been homebred. Longest I have owned was 29 yrs, I was there at her birth and death. Lost another two homebreds at 23 yrs and one bought in 18 month old pony also at 23. My sister lost the pony she bought as a 4 yr old at 30 and her mare bought as a yearling at either 32 or 34, can never remember which. Too many others to work out.

Nice to have had so many homebreds and then gone on to ride them.

Oldernewbie

Visit site
Became a horse owner in mid 2018. Sadly she had a reoccurring injury and was pts recently. My second horse I’ve owned just over a year. Currently at a rehab yard and I don’t think she will ever come sound.