How long have you owned your horses for

meleeka

Visit site
S - 19 years
R - 16 years
D - 5 years

My record is 26 years which was my first pony who was 29 when she went.

I’ve owned horses for 40 years altogether.

Visit site
I don't have any horses any more. Ponies are a different story 😂

Our Stud stallion has been here since May 1999. Our oldest mare joined us as a 2yo in 2002. The same year Rains was born.

Most equines that come here never get sold. Some go out on loan (Rains is just back from a 3 year stint and now won't go away again. At the age of 21 he deserves to stay home now), most of the rest stay until they die. The odd pony has been sold but rarely.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
Of the current equines the longest has been here 7 years (I think) and the shortest only came this summer.

The longest that I have kept one was 17 years.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Current mare came here to retire so only been with me since Dec 2019. Longest I have had one was a homebred mare who made it to 29. My sister's mare was bought as a yearling and finally put down at 34.
We both tend to keep them for life now although I used to breed and sell the young stock.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I've had horses 27 years. First horse 22 years, second 18, both now sadly passed on. Of living ponies have had oldest shetland 16 years, my two home breds 12 and 11 years, Fluffles the cob coming up to five years and scaredy Shetland two years ☺️

And a pony hoarder, have never sold one and never plan to 🤞

nagblagger

Visit site
The longest i have owned is 29 years, i bred him so if you count the time in the womb 30 years - rip last year.

The longest one i've owned, which is still alive is 21 years, they have a home for life hence me having 7 over 20+ years, including one in his 30s so i might be beating my own record in a few years .

Edit - my newest is 10 days

Last edited:

First Frost

Visit site
I have had horses constantly for the last 50 years.
Current ones:
Connemara 15 years
connematra Xtb 4 years

The longest i have owned one horse for was 36 years - she was a yearling when I got her!

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Altogether 20 years… 13 of those were my lovely gelding Stanley who I lost in March. The first 7 years of ownership were the pony I shared with my sister growing up. Had a break of roughly 15 years between the two where I loaned, rode in riding schools etc.