How many £££££ is she worth, in you opinion?

H-J

www.piczo.com
I know this should maybe be in NL but she is a comp horse so put it in here!!

So what do you guys think Spider is worth, curious to know what you all think as I didnt pay outright for her she was a swap after a few months with another horses as he didnt work out.

So she is rising 5, 16.1hh when bought (maybe bigger now!), super stamp of a horse as pointed out by dressage judge at Grt Witch on Sunday. She scored 37 at Poplar in and Intro and scored 34 at Grt witch in the dressage. Double clear in 1st Intro with me and clear XC @ Grt Witch (just a slight hesitation at crowds of people!)

She is Carousel Quests sister (4th Burghley, 1st Hartpbury (sp) 2*) She is by Carousel and has Canival Drum lines and very good SJ lines. She was placed in her 1st Novice dressage test. Will be doing her 1st PN at Hambledon. Is good to catch, box shoe, takes herself up the lorry ramp. Is a diamond to hack alone and in company - never rears, naps. Extremely bold and sure of herself mare!! She has a very bright future ahead of her and hasnt put a foot wrong since I have had her.

Heres some pics to help!! She is also the 3rd pic in my sig jumping at JAS

Spidergrtwitch.jpg

Spideypop.jpg

Spiderdress.jpg
- this was when I 1st got her (sorry its so small!!)

dieseldog

Visit site
As she hasn't actually done a PN yet I would say £5-6k, but if she is successful at PN you could add a bit more. You need to ask this question after Hambledon
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
£5-6K!! There are people asking £18 for 4/5yr olds who havent done a thing and on potential.

Her breeding is impeccible so we will breed from her hopefully as well.
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Asking that amount, but not necessarily getting that much. I know how much you paid (or she was up for!), so keeping quiet!

Tempi

Visit site
yes, but are they actually getting £18k?

People think that just because their horse has good breeding than can stick a riduculous price tag on it.

Im not saying theres anything wrong with your horse, as shes stunning and obviously has bags of potential, however i do think DD is right in saying that currently around the £6k mark is realistic for her.

Always_late

Visit site
OOOooh what a lovely mare, young and hasn't had any frightening experiences by the sound of it - £7K? Probably way under - I'm sorry. Gosh, how can you put a price on her. We bourght our eventer 5 years ago for £2K but she was as green as grass but had a lovely jump and didn't have any BE history. Looks as though spider is on the right hoof to beginning a sparkling career! Do you know how much she is worth because you want to sell her or do you just want to know?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think she's beautiful. Interestingly had a very similar discussion about this very sort of thing with a friend the other day.

Essentially we agreed that a decent rider could get a donkey around a novice course, potentially making valueing horses quite difficult.

However, I'm pretty sure that a horse of her breeding, temperament, and potential ability would fetch around about the 12k easily. Bang it succesfully around a novice course - with a good dressage result, and clear and you can add another 6K.

dieseldog

Visit site
Put an advert in at £18k and see how many phone calls you get
tongue.gif

Intro is 3ft and any average horse should be able to do it, when you can prove that she has got the potential to go further you'll get more money. I'm not saying your horse isn't nice and hasn't got potential but on paper at the moment she's done intro.

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to be funny!!!! I wont be advertising her as she is far too talented for me to let go! She will stay with me now.
tongue.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I think i made my point on this subject last week
blush.gif
Agree with DD.....any horse can get round a course of 3'...it's the ability above that that is worth the money
tongue.gif

Again, i'm in no way putting your horse down, just trying to be a little realistic as to what you *might* get for your money
smile.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thank you Amy May - I think she is too!

I am aiming to Novice her by September just do one or two for the end of the season.

My main aim on her this year is to do the 5 yr old PAVO classes at Little Mattingley, Smiths LAwn and Stratford Hills and try and qualify for the finals at Tweseldonw, so fingers crossed!! I couldnt put a price on her as she is priceless to me the most talented horse ive ever had!
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
OOOooh what a lovely mare, young and hasn't had any frightening experiences by the sound of it - £7K? Probably way under - I'm sorry. Gosh, how can you put a price on her. We bourght our eventer 5 years ago for £2K but she was as green as grass but had a lovely jump and didn't have any BE history. Looks as though spider is on the right hoof to beginning a sparkling career! Do you know how much she is worth because you want to sell her or do you just want to know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to know - I wont be selling her. Yes she hasnt had any bad experinces and is sooo bold
smile.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

Intro is 3ft and any average horse should be able to do it, when you can prove that she has got the potential to go further you'll get more money. I'm not saying your horse isn't nice and hasn't got potential but on paper at the moment she's done intro.

[/ QUOTE ]

But she cant really do anymore for her age!! As that would be pushing her. She is exactly on target for the age classes and for her age. Therefore she cant really do anymore at her age
smile.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Out of interest then after seeing this post and looking at prices of some horses - what would you class to a be a horse worthy of say £8-9k or more....

I myself would value my mare at about £7500/8k (and on trainers advise) mainly because people will pay out the nose for a decent riding club/pony club/allrounder, but some peoples opinions can be considerably lower which is fair enough...I dont really know much about values of eventers but I would have thought she would be able to get much much more the £5-6k
shocked.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest then after seeing this post and looking at prices of some horses - what would you class to a be a horse worthy of say £8-9k or more....

I myself would value my mare at about £7500/8k (and on trainers advise) mainly because people will pay out the nose for a decent riding club/pony club/allrounder, but some peoples opinions can be considerably lower which is fair enough...I dont really know much about values of eventers but I would have thought she would be able to get much much more the £5-6k
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would think that too!! I would probably price her at around £12K if she goes well in her PN's. And your right about good RC horses as temperament stands for alot which is exactly what Spider has a temp to die for! Not too strong in a snaffle but forward going, obviously I am bias!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
To be worth the money you're talking about she should be doing novice, definalty have started at PN like all the pro horses do - and you are valueing her at a professionals price. But as you aren't selling her this is a pretty pointless discussion

Always_late

Visit site
Parrisienne_girl, know what you mean, asking silly money when they not proven. But this one is rather nice isn't she. I think holly could squeeze £7K out of the right people, if she does a couple of more pre novices... and maybe affiliates to BD, BD points wourth their weight.
I think people only ask alot because their worried about who their horse is sold to and think by bumping up the price will dissuade non serious buyers - or maybe their trying to attract buyers who are acting for others? It must be terribly disappointing to have bourght a horse for £10K plus because the vendors reckoned it had the potential and it turns out to be an absolute disaster. I knew someone - not mentioning any names - sold a horse by a good dealer for a relative fortune, transpires the horse was upside down. A couple of fruitless years later, horse is put down - undetected foot abcess which had tracked up the leg into the bone. and yet, the horses was competed regularily - wouldn't it have shown?? Insurance job?? Moral of story, don't overstate or over sell horse, might be signing the poor things death warrant.

H-J

www.piczo.com
If you think it is pointless dont post on it, simple!!

Was just asking a simple what do you think like lots of people do. Why does it have to go all serious like eveything on here!!

Why can it just be lighthearted, does annoy me!!
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
At the end of the day, what they are worth on paper, and what people will pay are COMPLETELY different things! I was told I could get X amount for my boy by someone who does know what they are talking about, after she had seen him in the flesh, BUT there is NO WAY I could ever envisage anyone buying him for that amount from an ad on the internet/mag etc etc. If there is someone out there looking for what you have got, and wants it regardless, you could prob sell ANY horse for 4x what its "paper" worth is. Because of the question asked, people are giving what she is worth in paper. Doesnt mean you couldnt get more.

dieseldog

Visit site
All that's happened is that I've upset you by saying your horse is worth half what you think it is, that's why I said pointless post. If you want lighthearted - OK it's worth £50k! that value made Rambo laugh when somone told him Bo was worth that much
tongue.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
You havent upset me in the slightest I promise!!!

As I will never be selling her I dont mind what price you say. Its just the attitude it is said with that is all!
tongue.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
I know more then anyone how stupidly overpriced horses are with "potential" stamped on them!!

But if I was selling her I would also jump on that badwagon! and try my luck who wouldnt!!
grin.gif

Always_late

Visit site
Hollyjane, you hang on to her, she's a lovely horse, you look comfortable with her and I'm sure you'll make a good partnership. Horses like this come along once in a life time. Who reckons Novice is easy?? Okay, Im a scaredy cat!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
If you think there is a chance you might not like the answers people give you dont ask the question.

I think the price others have quoted at around the £6k mark is a fair price for what the mare has done, appreciate she is not able to do more with BE as a 4yr old but with horses there are no guarantees that she will get to the top, good breeding or not.

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But she cant really do anymore for her age!! As that would be pushing her. She is exactly on target for the age classes and for her age. Therefore she cant really do anymore at her age
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, Holly if she was with the likes of Julie Tew or Andrew Nicholson she would be aiming for Novice NOW!

We arent professionals so we take it slowly.

Remember, she may be 4 on paper, same as Snoopy, but they are in their 5th years in the eyes of BE and BSJA.

Next year she could be contesting the 6 year old championship at Le Lion, that Intermediate and a strong one at that.

I think shes a lovely horse, and you will have a lot of fun with her, but shes only worth what ppl are willing to pay for her. Breeding although desirable doesnt mean jack - performance does
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you think there is a chance you might not like the answers people give you dont ask the question.

I think the price others have quoted at around the £6k mark is a fair price for what the mare has done, appreciate she is not able to do more with BE as a 4yr old but with horses there are no guarantees that she will get to the top, good breeding or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree Mrs T. But she isnt 4! shes in her 5 year, which means she can come straight out at Novice and isnt restricted on the number of runs.
Julie Tew has a lovely horse, which started this season, out at PN and is aiming for his first Novice at Withington in a couple of weeks.
Thats the difference, thats why professionals can ask that sort of money, where as we cant.

H-J

www.piczo.com
But I dont mind the answers people have put at all!! I promise, that is why I have put it on here so that I can just see what people think, doesnt matter too much as I am not selling her!

Just wanted people opinions thats all
smile.gif

Just feel as though some people like to to slap you down sometimes for no reason and it really makes me not want to post
frown.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
But BB's im not asking £18K! Or even saying she is worth that, I know she isnt.

And yes your right the professionals can but even some professionals horses at 5 dont Novice that early some are an exception though.