How many beds?

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh my goodness, this written down is going to look ridiculous.. I have one dog who has currently three beds in the living room, a squishy one next to my chair, a blanket by the patio door as it's cooler there when it gets hot and his very expensive Tuffies nest. He had a mat in the kitchen, a new soft nest in the bedroom and his old bedroom bed is now in the conservatory. I can honestly say he uses every one throughout the day.
At the moment he is happily snoring away on the carpet!

Ha! Someone more nuts than me!!:cool:

Starzaan

Visit site
Mine have one big bed made up of three big pillow beds pushed together and covered with sheepskins, in the sitting room. We have a pile of sheepskins on the floor in the kitchen so they can lie in front of the fire, and that’s it.

Mostly, the old boy lies on the hard flagstones by the back door, or in front of the fire.

I wouldn’t have had that many beds even when I had two Danes!

tda

Visit site
This has made me feel a lot better about our house 😁 the special one has a bed in our bedroom, when OH is at home dog sleeps on our bed, (but he's really annoying as he expands a lot for a terrier) when OH is not at home dog sleeps in his own bed. The special one also has a bed in the lounge, he did used to go on the sofa but her pretty smelly so don't let him anymore
The other three live in the kitchen with three beds, but of course 2 always sleep in one bed, and they always want to be in the one that others are in 😁

Clodagh

Visit site
This has made me feel a lot better about our house 😁 the special one has a bed in our bedroom, when OH is at home dog sleeps on our bed, (but he's really annoying as he expands a lot for a terrier) when OH is not at home dog sleeps in his own bed. The special one also has a bed in the lounge, he did used to go on the sofa but her pretty smelly so don't let him anymore
The other three live in the kitchen with three beds, but of course 2 always sleep in one bed, and they always want to be in the one that others are in 😁

Don't worry, it is quite normal! The dogs run the show here. :)

Reactions: tda

CrazyMare

Visit site
Two greyhounds. Big bed in the kitchen that they share. A bed in the lounge but usually they are on the sofa. A bed in our room but they are normally on the bed. They can't get to the sun room at night, but they sit on the futon in there in the full sun in the afternoon.

Basically they run the show. The brindle one will ask to go out for a wee if bed arrangements are not to her liking so everyone gets up and she legs it back in for whichever spot she was after

monte1

Visit site
so we have three dogs, Lab , Springer and Cocker, two beds in living room. very large crate with vetbed in utility room where they all stay when we are out .
another bed down near OH work desk .
don't go on up on the sofas if we not there but occasionally allowed up for a cuddle :)
they also know not to go upstairs
generally though, they all try to pile into one bed together or across both ! ;)- but if it is hot they lay out on the wooden floors as no carpet downstairs.

Attachments

• basket of dogs.jpg
    basket of dogs.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • dogs in a basket.jpg
    dogs in a basket.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 14

tankgirl1

Visit site
I have 2 dogs, a big sofa and my bed :p I do have a donut bed and fleeces on the floor scattered about. The staffie ignores them, and my little collie cross and the cat are in a constant battle for the donut bed

twiggy2

Visit site
We have put one large flat bed next to the sofa, this is so if we want to watch a film we don't feel guilty about turfing the dogs off the sofa so we can sit in comfort to watch.
Apart from that their is an armchair, that's it, no beds or sofa or anything anywhere else and dogs are not allowed on the bed, they can only come in the bedroom to say good morning, that's it.

islander

Visit site
Before we got together, my OH would only keep his working Labs in kennels outside, now our current one sleeps on the sofas and on her soft dog bed in our bedroom! My old JRTx can`t jump any more, but gets lifted onto the sofas and also sleeps in our bedroom in his comfy doughnut-type bed near the Lab. They often swap beds overnight. Puglet sleeps next to the warm range in the kitchen in a high-sided soft bed, he is relegated there as OH doesn`t like dogs on the bed, and pug would definitely end up there if he could. There is also a large wicker bed in the sitting room, a smaller one behind the sofa and another in the conservatory. We often have friends` dogs to stay so all these beds come in useful.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
They have a spare set at mums for when we go back to somerset ;) of indoor and outdoor runs of course ;).

When I moved here from wilts I realised I needed to hire a bigger van when I took their houses into accommodation

fankino04

Visit site
2 dogs with a flat bed each, it's put down where they mostly lie at night, they aren't allowed upstairs or on the furniture, the boy will lie wherever he pleases during the day but generally curl up on his bed at night, the girl grabs her bed in her mouth and takes it with her to wherever she wants to be. I think OH would have a meltdown if I had as many beds for them as the OP does.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Am laughing at these. I thought we were strict as Heck does not generally go upstairs, but he is working on it.

He has an Igloo bed filled with Vetbed in the hallway where he goes when he is unattended (if we are out and overnight).

He also has 2 sofas in the main living room, but the sofas have to have a bed too, despite the fact that, as they are leather sofas and we have already fitted them with fleeces. If you don't also have a bed on the sofa he commandeers a cushion and squashes himself on so that you feel very guilty.

IMG_20181031_111407.jpg

So, he has a bed on the sofa too to luxuriate in, often with added sheepskin. Plus he spends most of his time covered in soft fleeces. He feels the cold.

Often with added sheepskin

20180407_213804.jpg

By the patio doors he also has a bed, with a sheepskin on. In the other sitting room he has cushions by that patio door and also a sofa and 2 chairs. As he only goes in there when we are sitting in there he does not have a bed on those as he sits on you.

I thought we were dog-led, but I am happy to see that we are not the worst.

I am amazed though, that little squirt on that tiny cushion - he expands alarmingly to fill a whole 3 seat sofa.

Last edited:

Thistle

Visit site
4 dogs, 4 raised beds in utility where they are shut if we're not around. 2 long thin beds next to the radiator in the snug, off the kitchen. Staffy is allowed on the sofa in the snug and there is a rug in front of the fire. They spend most of their time in snug/kitchen/utility as this is the dirty/working end of the house. No dog beds in the posh sitting room, dogs only allowed in there in the evenings with us. There is a thick rug on the floor and a warm rug in front of the fire. Garden room (again only in there if we're in there), 2 padded beds and a doubled over smart vet bed. Toast either sits at my feet or goes off to his favoured bed in the utility, Beans is usually either the other side of me or at Rob's feet. Lily is usually roasting and Barley just lies wherever.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
2 dogs, no beds! They’ve had beds, every one has been destroyed. They are allowed on the sofa though, and Aled likes to sleep under our bed at night, Luna usually starts off on the bed, then moves to under the window.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
@Red-1 that's hilarious! Suzie is similar, she likes the sofa but also likes a cushion, has to have a soft place for her princess-bum 😂😂

We have a bed for Juno in the living room as Suzie doesn't usually let her on the sofa. Suzie sometimes commanders the bed too! We then have another 2 beds in the bedroom, one each, plus one in Mr JB's office and I have one at my office. Total 6 beds for 2 dogs.

twiggy2

Visit site
My other half decided to make a snuggle bed for the lurcher last night, off he goes, comes back with fencing wire and a sleeping bag, makes a hop stitches the wire on the open end of the sleeping bag to hold it open so said lurcher can go in, tucks it all in around the sofa so she does not get in a tangle in the bag, lurcher pushes in and is not keen as wire too low for her back, he readjusts the wire holding the bag open, she goes in again nd the wire moved, said lurcher is out of the bag like a rocket and won't go near it again, thw sleeping bag is now in the washing pile and all plans of a snuggle bed are forgotten. 😀

Visit site
Two dogs, two beds in the dining room, one bed in lounge, one bed in porch, one bed top of stairs.
Old dog sleeps on the sofa, a chair,during the day or my bed at night. New spaniel has taken over oldies original bed, and upstairs bed.
However I have made a fatal mistake of allowing her on the bed one night to stop her incessant circling and tail wagging at 6 am in the morning when shes trying to get me up. I allowed her on the bed for an hour and she settled down. Now everytime I get up to go to the loo she sneaks on the bed. Im considering sleeping in the dog bed at the top of the stairs

Clodagh

Visit site
Two dogs, two beds in the dining room, one bed in lounge, one bed in porch, one bed top of stairs.
Old dog sleeps on the sofa, a chair,during the day or my bed at night. New spaniel has taken over oldies original bed, and upstairs bed.
However I have made a fatal mistake of allowing her on the bed one night to stop her incessant circling and tail wagging at 6 am in the morning when shes trying to get me up. I allowed her on the bed for an hour and she settled down. Now everytime I get up to go to the loo she sneaks on the bed. Im considering sleeping in the dog bed at the top of the stairs

Tawny has a bed in our room, she is the only upstairs dog. 99% of the time she sleeps on my sons bed but if he is out overnight she sleeps in our room. All fine but if we decide to have a grown up sort of a cuddle ahe thinks it is amazing fun, leaps on the bed and jumps all over us. So, no more sex when smallest leaves home!