How many beds?

Britestar

Visit site
One Collie. Vet bed on padded bed on a pallet in utility where he sleeps at night. Mat in kitchen which he shares with cats, ie if a cat is on it he lies in the tiles 😄.

Other than that, anywhere on the floor. Not allowed upstairs, not allowed on furniture

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Five dogs - one large crate in kitchen, also access to "den" which is a large space under the stairs which has in it a cot mattress with fluffy cover so basically like a huge dog bed. Three beds in lounge, two beds in hall. No dogs allowed upstairs (i'm not sure they got the memo!) so no beds up there.

D66

Visit site
We have two beds in the dining room and one in the living room, ( 1 dog, 1 cat), the cat has first choice. ;). No dog upstairs or on the furniture.
If the dog is already installed in the living room bed the cat will play prettily in the middle of the floor, maybe chasing her tail, until the dog sensing a game opportunity, vacates the bed. Cat then jumps into the warmed bed, curls up and goes to sleep. Dog falls for it every time.
The dog beds have fleece blankets on them which I wash to keep the doggy smells at bay. Try to wash dog beds weekly, that reminds me, they haven’t been done since before Christmas. :(

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
I have 2 adult dogs and a 6 month old - they are not allowed upstairs or on sofas .... they have 2 big beds and a crate in the hall where they sleep at night, and 3 vet beds in the kitchen. If the woodburner is on, the 2 Swissies practically climb in!

Annette4

Visit site
At my house mine have a raised bed and a duvet in the living room (soon to be 2 raised beds and a duvet) and a crate each in the dining room.

At OH’s they have a xl thick ‘posh’ bed, a thinner xl water resistant pad (which also comes to comps with us as Fizz won’t sit/lay down on the grass) and they are allowed on the bed.

skinnydipper

Visit site
A dog can't have too many beds :)

I currently have 1 dog with 3 beds. The beds are large as he likes to lie on his side or back to sleep so they have to be approx 4ft long to accommodate him comfortably.

He is free to move around and doesn't stay on one bed or in one room during the night and despite my best efforts to provide him with the utmost comfort he can sometimes be found stretched out on the bathroom floor.:rolleyes:

He doesn't spend the night on my bed but likes to join me for half an hour most mornings.

Last edited:

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
A 25kg Siberian husky has just, for the second time, attempted to get into a schiplet nest bed measuring 56 x 46cm that has been wedged under a side table. He managed to fit one arse cheek in before he got stuck.

Guilt tripped into buying another sodding bed...

Clodagh

Visit site
A 25kg Siberian husky has just, for the second time, attempted to get into a schiplet nest bed measuring 56 x 46cm that has been wedged under a side table. He managed to fit one arse cheek in before he got stuck.

Guilt tripped into buying another sodding bed...

We have one big and two smaller baskets in the kitchen, Biggest lab lies in the smallest one, overflowing all round and looking most uncomfortable. Where theres no sense...

Andie02

Visit site
Mine have vetbeds/cheap fleeces/memory foam mats from Poundstretcher although I am thinking of a big comfy bed for the youngest one, who is a delicate flower :p any recommendations welcome.
They can be in living room, hall or kitchen, that's it. Any pestering behaviour and they're out or in crate. One is very happy snuggling on sofa but the other is a fidgety bum who likes standing on my kidneys so he's usually on the floor.

Rabasta, without sounding like Granny Mush, depending on the age of your GSD, just be mindful about the pup slipping/splaying on slippy floors, while it's hard to do damage to genetically good hips and elbows, it's best to avoid that sort of hooning, a lot of my friends put running mats down on wooden floors when their dogs are younger.
Having said that, my now 8yo is HD/ED free despite spending his first 12 months launching himself from great heights, horizontally, getting legs stuck under book cases etc, and is still a bit of a rocket :p
Check out "Floors For Paws", non slip, anti scratch for dog claws, stain resistant, waterproof and looks good too. Tuffies dog beds are brilliant, best to use Nikwax horse rug wash for washing beds and covers and rinse well to avoid skin irritations.