How Many Girths do you have......

3Beasties

Visit site
Per Horse? and do you use them all?

Charlie has about 6. 2 x leather ones, 2x synthetic ones, 1x material type one and one (fake) sheepskin lined one. My reasoning behind so many is that I can gather dirty ones up to put in the wash together, that never seems to happen though and I always seem to use the same two girths all the time!

Millie only has one at the moment as I have just got her a new saddle and none of her old girth fitted with it (she did have about 4) so they will be going on eBay. Think I may just get her one more new one so she has a spare.
laugh.gif

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ooh, your making me feel better!

1 leather one,
1 synthetic thorogood
1 synth aerborn
1 string
1 cc atherstone

and just sent one back to DH which they have given full refund on as it caused a horrid hole in pony. so still keeping an eye out for a new one!

abracadabra

Visit site
more than several! most of which i dont use!
swapped my leather atherstone for a stubben string for my sadlle-slippy-horse
despite the many girths I am currently using the same girth on 3 other horses since I have to carry everything up to my field i only take what i have to!

corinnematthews

Visit site
With 4 kids, equine washing takes a back seat, so I should have hundereds, but I have a few, and my fav is a elasticated, neprone covered one that does not get as filthy as all the others. We also use racing girths on the racing saddle - but those are webbing, so do need washing. The old style cottage craft type (that were revolutionary when they replaced the string girths....yes I am that old!) are now fairly naff!

legaldancer

Visit site
Each horse has three, but like many of you, I only use the same ones all the time! All go in the washing machine
smile.gif

Two are the 'fairly naff' Cottage Craft ones & I still like them!
blush.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
2 Stubben string ones he came with (one brown, one white) however he was a fatty when I got him so neither fit anymore.
2 Aerborn girths in 2 different sizes.
1 Leather girth (allthough thats on another horse at the moment)
1 Dressage Girth

All for one horse who has 2 saddles

marmalade76

Visit site
1 leather atherstone
1 cottage craft (haven't used for ages)
1 leather dressage
1 thorowgood (use this the most as it dosen't seem to get dirty)
My pony has 2 old cottage craft and one of those old-fashioned webbing show girths that are stitched together in the middle with a bit of rubber and I use this one the most on her.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Too many
blush.gif

For three neds we have...

One normal leather;
One wavy leather;
Three Aerborn;
One dressage;
Two Cottage Craft;
One Wintec;
And three-ish others that I can't remember what they are, I just keep ignoring them in the hope they'll find a new home somehow (along with the five saddles sat on the study floor...
blush.gif
).