How many hours a day (on average) do you spend at the yard?

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
I was thinking about this earlier, if my OH answered for me, he'd say 'too long,' I'd say it depends on what I have done, probably about 2 hours if I'm working, anything up to 6 if I've got a free day :)

jcoombs

Visit site
Shortest is probably 3 hours in morning and 1 hr at night but if I've got the full lot of horses to do, 9-6 :)

WandaMare

Visit site
As long as i can get away with! I could spend all my time on the yard but unfortunately work and my OH wouldn't be too pleased. On a work day its about 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening including riding time.......at the weekends it ranges from about 3 hours in total to all day :)

NativePonyLover

Visit site
45-60 minutes in the morning before heading work and usually about 60- 90 minutes in the evening.

At the weekend, usually 2-3 hours in the morning and can be the same again in the evening.

EllenJay

Visit site
Wow - do you not have a life outside horses? Weekdays 1 hour winter max Summer 2.5 hours. Weekends (Winter and Summer) 3 hours per day.

katie_southwest

Visit site
About 15 minutes before work , check they are alive and throw them breakfast....
And an hour after work, poo pick paddock, give them both a groom and tea then home.
On my days off I generally potter around there for hours :)

ThePony

Visit site
Wow - do you not have a life outside horses?

I wouldn't know one of those if it came up and bit me on the nose!!!

Spend upwards of an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening (minimum), up to the whole day long!! Love being with our beautiful mares, riding and pottering around with jobs. Fortunatly OH has his mare too and we do them together - otherwise he would come a poor second and I'd never see him!

EmmaC78

Visit site
If I am not riding I am usually up there for about 30-45 mins. At the weekends I try to ride so.am normally up there for around 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

brown tack

Visit site
Umm....too much! Today 7hrs, and I've worked (away from the horses) for 7hrs plus I've only got 2 horses, think they are pampered a little too much!

Spookywood

Visit site
I'm currently spending 3hrs a day min. even if i'm trying to be quick!! More at weekends or if the OH is away. Hopefully this will be less (on the days I need to be quick and have a social life!) when the weather gets better and there is less mud to clean off! Hate this weather, poor horses are swimming in mud at the mo.

Enfys

Visit site
24, I live on it ;)

I couldn't give you an answer to that, I come and go all day. One of these days I will remember to clock myself.

GGRider

Visit site
HAHAHA 0h you poor buggers that have a life/work outside of horses - I used to be one of you speed yarding before/after work. Now I live the dream, I own and run my own equestrian centre and spend 12 hours x 7 days. Mind you, would like to take a holiday, only been 5 years since we did! Love it!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well . . . without riding, it's probably an hour or so in the morning turning/mucking out . . . and then another 30 mins or so in the evening bringing him in and putting him to bed . . . if I ride/lunge/long rein, that time goes way up . . . I like to faff.

P

acw295

Visit site
It averages about 30hrs a week inc travelling.

Winter - weekdays 45 mins morning (plus 30 mins travel) and 2hrs evening (less if not riding) (plus 45 mins travel) and about 5 hrs each day at weekends.

Summer - weekdays 25 mins morning (plus 30 mins travel) and 2.5 hrs evening (less if not riding) (plus 45 mins travel) and about 7 hrs each day at weekends.

I do ride quite a lot though weather permitting as have a fatty that needs work.

I work full time - usually about 45hrs a week plus travel. SO no wonder I'm tired, and I only have 1! I'm sort of dreading the time I have 2 lol

Tilda

Visit site
About 2 hours a day during the week including riding and between 3&6 at weekends and day off as do full muck out one day (deep litter during week) and poo picking the others. Also at weekends a substantial chunk of that is spent talking and catching up with people I haven't seen in the week lol!

Elsbells

Visit site
4 to 5 hours if I'm riding, and often even if I'm not!
I work all day on Sundays, so I whizz up there and back in the morning and then ride after work in the evening.

Um, I do just have the one horse;):rolleyes:

LittleGinger

Visit site
10 mins in the morning - check he's still got 4 legs, give breakfast (although that has stopped recently, with him feeling a little too well in himself!). Evenings range from about an hour if I don't ride (there's talking to be done! And I love grooming/sweeping/making him and the stable look smart) to about three hours if I do ride.

I'm a teacher with a partner who works during the summer holidays - so hols are all day every day at the yard! Especially as at the yard I've just moved to, the lovely people on both sides of stable also get school holidays and the hacking goes for miles :D

shadowboy

Visit site
20min in the morning and 2hours in the evening if I'm working. Days off/weekends somewhere between 4 and 6 hours if OH doesn't mind!

Javabb94

Visit site
On 5 day livery so only do J at weekends (although ride during the week)

I like to ride in the morning so about 2-3 hours if just schooling but if I go on a hack maybe longer

In the evening I might ride again if it's a nice day so anything from 1-2ish hours!

Sometimes I don't get home till 1pm! I do enjoy going though :D