How many lessons do you hav a week/month?

MrsHutt

Visit site
Minimum half hour group lesson (just £3!) on a Saturday and a half hour private on Sundays if she can fit me in (£14) - otherwise I will join another group lesson. During the school holidays, I might have more if the weather is bad and can't get out. But at £3 a go (and she doesn't charge you more if you stay for a second half hour!!), I think it's too good to pass up! BARGAIN! :D

midi

Visit site
idk how people afford lessons esp with a horse, its like at least 40 pounds for 3 quarters of an hour here.
Can't find anywhere good, you just pay for the novelty for sitting on a horse so it seems - wouldn't mind so much if I could actually find a decent instructor /rage.

Rich mans world :(

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I've not had a lesson for a couple of years, and they weren't paid for, they were mainly helpful comments from my share horses owner watching me ride.

I'm hoping to get some lessons on my new share horse though, I'm SO out of practise and feel totally useless most of the time. He'd really benefit from it and I need to build up my core muscles and ride properly as I've got a bad back at the moment, but it doesn't hurt when I ride!

Hopefully I'll get one every other week or something as I only ride him twice a week so want to have time to work on things alone. Problem is I need to find a decent instructor that doesn't charge too much! Anyone have any recommendations for instructors in the Surrey/Hampshire area?

LisaS

Visit site
I join a group lesson once a week, £35 for both husband & I, also usually have one private lesson a week.

Have only been back riding for about 2 years ansi've only had my boy for a few months so it helps enormously with my confidence :D

Littlelegs

Visit site
Years ago for me. Tend to critique myself a lot though, to the point of getting someone to film me so I can pick it apart. Teach my daughter myself, but at 7 its very much fun stuff. One or two a week are more formal, with a particular aim, then she hacks 4 or 5 times with me teaching out hacking.

dafthoss

Visit site
Just to add I used to be one of the once a year if that people :eek: and following one particular instructor shreding my confidence I would get so worked up about riding in front of an instructor that I didnt bother for a long time and would just use videos to pull my self apart. But now I have found an instructor that I really like and we are progressing really well in such a short time so I'm going to keep it up over summer untill we move back to uni. The little pony will be with an instructor that I havnt met before so that will be intresting.

emma.is

Visit site
I have a very green 6yr old gelding. I try my hardest to have one flatwork less a week and two jumping lessons month but sometimes I forgo the jumping so I can afford the flatwork

brown tack

Visit site
I have 3 lessons a week, my instructor is helping me with my youngster, long reining etc. I count them as lessons as she instructs me on how to back him, so I'm doing the work. I pay £10 per session as sometimes it's just 20 mins and others 1 hr depends on how the horse goes. It good to have someone I trust on the ground as he can be sharp and my first youngster I've done from starch.

General riding lessons will be 1-2 per week as I much prefer a lesson then going out competing,

brown tack

Visit site
Oh and it's £20 for a really good hour with a fab dressage coach, would of been using her to help back mine but she's given up breaking as age is getting the better of her

Daytona

Visit site
1 at week on flat @£30 plus the trainer also rides him 3 times a month at £20 a time, then I have a jumping every fortnight at £15 off another girl so cost a month is £180 on lessons - worth every penny though :)