how many of you leave your horse in its

aimeerose

Visit site
My mare has night rugs but on occasions i have been known to bung her in without changing rugs! and T/O's dry better on the horse!

also when shes all clipped out i tend to have a 'underrug' (lighter stable rug) that stays on and the rugs on top get changed over.
personally i hate stripping all rugs off a nice warm ponio in the morning only to replace them with cold rugs, then bung them out in a cold field.

ticobay831

Visit site
I used to change rugs when they came in at night but dont bother anymore, its alot easier especialy when youve got more than one to change
If there absolutly soaking wet i would change them, but if there not that bead i leave them on as they dry better when they are left on the horse.
No problem ar all
smile.gif

Lill

Visit site
I don't, when mine comes in usually take his turnout off and put it somewhere to dry (almost always wet and muddy) and put on a duvet and stable rug. If really cold he wears under rug and/or fleece 24/7 under turnout and under duvet and stable rug.

However if pushed for time or if someone else (who's not too good with rugs) is turning him in the morning will leave his turnout on over night.

vicm2509

Visit site
I put stable rugs on Baron for bed time. That is because when I bring him in he is groomed and exercised almost daily. I would have no problem leaving his TO rug on though.

SteveGG

Visit site
I'm like several others here.
The rug that I use for the stable in winter is actually a turn out rug. My mare used to rip her rugs and still tends to pull them with her teeth. When I contacted FAL they actually recommended on of their turn out rugs.

ISHmad

Visit site
All our horses have the dual purpose silver lined FAL rugs, which are fantastic. Sometimes they are changed for weight purposes depending on the weather, temperature at night etc. If they are keeping the same one on then they are groomed and the rug then put back on.

kerilli

Visit site
with the Fal Goliath and Vikings, i have done for years. they're supremely comfy for the horse, and i'm sure they must feel better than loads of layers of tight heavy rugs, the way we used to do stable rugs.
also, if they're wet on the outside, they dry much better on the horse than on a rug rack or folded over something. never had one get wet through yet!

Judie

Visit site
No, my boy has his pj's on I'm afraid.

I ride each night so his T/O rug comes off and gets hung up and after riding I couldn't think of anything worse that getting a wet muddy rug back out to put on him, no pj's for me all the way! I have never been on a yard where this wasn't the norm..

harrihjc

Visit site
generally i leave t/o rugs on, they look all snuggly and warm and i'd rather they stayed like that than changed to a cold rug. They dry better too! at weekends they have stable rugs tho, because I ride in the morning before turning them out, whereas through the week its a quick as possible job before work!