How many of you would use this service??

asterid

Visit site
So with the different anatomical bridles and girths on the market and most unable to be hired would you be interested in a service that lets you hire only without purchase the farifax bridle, PS of Sweden Bridles, Micklems etc and with the option to hire the Fairfax and other girths plus some bits that you can t hire such as Nathe, Beris and Bomber. Also options of hiring nosebands such as Kineton, lever and Worcester.

Would charge about £40 to hire the Fairfax for a week, £30 for the Stubben Freedom and £25 for the Micklems. Bits would be hired out at £8.00 a week.

The idea is to be like the Horsebitshop whereby you only pay the hire charge and don't pay outright for the item. Hire payments made by card so you have a log of card details if the bridle doesn't make its way back to you after a week!

Would people use this ? Your ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yep :)
Sign me up! I want to try cob in a fairfax bridle but realistically if she went well in it, i'd have to save up. So the fitting clinics they've been running would be a bit daft because (a) it takes longer than 1 ride to really assess a difference, and (b) I'd feel like I was wasting their time if I said thanks but I can't afford it at the moment!

asterid

Visit site
So this would be the beauty of the service as there is no pressure to buy as I wouldn't sell, just hire only.

So if you liked it, you could save or bribe loved ones etc without the pressure from the shop to buy.

Am just gauging interest to see if financially viable. Having a fussy horse and spending a fortune on crazy leatherwork and bits, I thought this would be a fab idea!

Thanks guys.

ihatework

Visit site
If you could get good deals on return postage, or maybe do an inclusive price for return postage that would be an even bigger incentive.

Also perhaps a bulk deal on more than one bit?

I've got a particular horse in mind that I have a number of bits I want to try!

asterid

Visit site
I wasn't going to be a bit bank as such, just the bits you cant try already like Nathes, Beris and Bombers. But yes, all good ideas, was going to supply a return pack so all people have to do is place item in bag, seal and post. Naturally an overall price would be included for post and packing.

All food for thought, keep the ideas coming! Thanks

Shay

Visit site
You'd have to have somewhere in your T&Cs - and agreement with the credit card companies - that you could take the full price for the item if it is not returned or returned damaged.

The idea is great and I would probably be tempted to use it. But I suspect there are also a lot of people who would look on it as a cheap way to get very high priced items. ID fraud is common and I suspect it would be you that looses out - not the credit card company.

Love the idea - just be careful!

VRIN

Visit site
Also I suspect the reason the nathe bits for example are not already hired out is that they are very easy to damage and I can imagine after a couple of weeks of hire they not be suitable for sending back out ..

Oscar

Visit site
Data protection laws mean you are not allowed by law to keep a persons card details, so don't know how you would get around that? I know some sites allow you to store your card details but they are encrypted that's the only way round it. Sounds a good idea but I'd rather find someone that would hire goods out and if the decided to purchase would knock the hire cost off the purchase price. Many saddlers now offer this service I believe.