How many viewings before your horse sold?

fuze

Visit site
Pure curiosity. Those of you that have sold horses, how many viewers did you have before the deal was done?

MiniMilton

Visit site
All of mine went to the first viewer too. I am very upfront about issues in the ad and on the phone (even mentioning things that most wouldn't even consider an issue) I hate the heartbreak of selling and the process of preparing horse for viewing. If the prospective viewer knows every concievable fault and are still interested they come to see the horse. They are so plesantly surprised they make an offer on the spot.

It probably initially turns prospective viewers off, but it saves me a hell of a lot of time in getting the horse ready and entertaining viewers.

I don't even want to chat to someone on the phone for ages unnecessarily, so before I get started I mention the big ones like "she windsucks" or " he has a big scar". If people are still interested when they hear about the faults then I'll happily chat about any queries they have.

My friend went to view a horse, she was very interested so she went back another day to see it xc. She made an offer and arranged a vetting. It turns out they "forgot" to mention it was a windsucker. My friend was bulling. 2 days wasted going to see this horse, petrol expenses and vet costs. The sellers also would have wasted plenty of their own time preparing the horse for both viewings. I just can't understand this sort of thing

budley95

Visit site
My 12.2 went to the 4th person and took 2 months and my 14.2 had 16 viewings over a year with only one person taking her on trial who then didn't have the money so she then went on sales livery. She was a nightmare to sell. Perfect pony just very forward but did have brakes. Her speed just scared people who lied about their experience over the phone.

GlamourPuss86

Visit site
First person.

Came to try him for her husband, she got on, 10 minutes later husband was still without a horse and she'd got herself a new dressage horse!

Would love to know what became of him!

SadKen

Visit site
First person,but third to actually call about him. I was also super honest about my boy, and they were also pleasantly surprised!

In my recent horse search, I found one that looked great. Called about her, owner told me she was fab, no problems, good to do. Viewing arranged, then i asked about vet history (having been told horse was healthy and sound). Owner then says she had a lump on her leg, then explained that she had sweet itch. oh, and had to be turned out alone. If that had been in the ad, i wouldn't have wasted her or my time calling, as totally unsuitable. I believe she is still for sale!