How messy is your car?

dreambigpony

Visit site
I was talking to someone (non-horsey) a few days ago and they were in complete shock at how messy I let my car get! I only got my current car a couple of months ago and it is absolutely disgusting inside! The boot is just a mess of hay, mud, gloves, feed and 3 pairs of wellies absolutely caked in mud- 2 of which I don't wear as they have splits in but just haven't taken them out. I know...I'm a disgrace haha.

Redders

Visit site
Sounds like mine. Have started making excuses so I don't have to drive with non horsey work people in my car as it is a disgrace! I had a bag of v small pieces of shredded paper which I accidentally split and that is now everywhere- I really should clear it out!

Meems

Visit site
Put it this way ................... if it was a restaurant it would be closed down by the local Trading Standards or Health & Safety department!!

risky business

Visit site
Mines spotless.

Doesn't have to be gross because you have horses. My boots are changed before driving home into a bag in the boot, my coat is taken off and put in another bag in the boot.

I don't transport things in my car as I have no need to. If I feel I'm going to get particularly mucky at the stables I bring spare clothes to change into.

Princess16

Visit site
Cannot believe the state of mine ! Muck boots full of mud and mud all up the back of my seats ! Not to mention the smell ! Went to Tesco's the other day I thought what's that smell realised it was me I now officially smell of horse lol

Flora

Visit site
The mechanic that fixes my car calls it the Mobile Wheelie Bin and said its the only car he has to wipe his feet when he gets out

tubby1

Visit site
I've just traded mine in yesterday so new car is spotless lol. I was embarrassed to hand my car in even after I cleaned it,disgusting mess of hay, mud, shavings, gummy bears, chocolate ice cream spills I couldn't get out the garage fast enough lol.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Mine is probably a health hazard - and that's not just the way I drive :p. I also surf quite a lot so the usual mud, hay, and shavings have lots and lots of sand added.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Indescribably catastrophically messy. Fag packs water bottles and God knows what else in the front. Dog stuff all over the back seats. Horse stuff in the boot. Actually, quite a lot of hay seems to have migrated to the front. I really can't think why.....

Abby-Lou

Visit site
I have waterproof seatcovers and my riding hat drained off in to the passenger seat after one wet morning. At lunchtime I loaded my work colleauges in for quick lunch up the local, only to find one of my colleauges thought she had wet herself enroute we rolled around in laughter while she went off to dry her derrière with a handryer

Fransurrey

Visit site
Mine was a bizarre tourist attraction when other half took it to his yard for a service. People were looking in it in amazement, apparently. I do have waterproof covers all round, though, so it scrubs up well (once a year or thereabouts).

DD265

Visit site
It's not immaculate at the moment just because of the weather I haven't had an opportunity to vac it out.

But it stays clean, no rubbish in there and I don't transport horsey things.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Since my mum's spent the last 8 weeks driving me to the yard and helping me poo pick while my hand heals she's been constantly complaining that her car was turning into mine. I can't imagine what she was on about... at least her garage valets it when she has it serviced - mine just complains about the mud, gravel, hay, reject bits of paper and sweet wrappers, unidentified sticky things, etc etc... and that's after I've taken the boots, coats and sundries out.

Mylife

Visit site
Mines vile, being that I live 20 mins from where my clothes are kept, 30 mins from my small animals, 15 mins from my horse and 5 mins from work you can imagine what my car goes through daily, here there and everywhere! Back seat is covered with a roof rack, bridle, jods, bags of non riding clothes, a packet of nappies (brought on sale with abcesses in mind!) 2 massive candle stick things (I don't know why either!) the boot has an electric fence energiser, 2 towels from A trip to the beach last summer and 2 pairs of broken wellies! It was last cleaned out about a month ago haha!! My boyfriend hates it but I don't care I don't have the time to faff with my car lol!!

lhotse

Visit site
My car a is a complete mess, the back seat at the moment is home to various headcollars, fly masks and hi-vis leg wraps. The floor is covered in mud, hay, shavings, boots, mint wrappers and old air fresheners. The sunroof leaks so is taped up with duct tape, which is falling off, the dash has a layer of dust that a medieval house would be proud of. I did buy a new tyre yesterday!! Luckily, the guy who fixes and MOT's it owns a livery yard so is quite usually unfazed when I deliver it to him!!

Funnily enough, the boot is actually quite clean!!

blowsbubbles

Visit site
I'm cracking up at all these stories and so many ring true!
My worst habit is drinking from my flask on dive home; can never catch the last few drips which hit the steering wheel then down into my crutch and onto my seat. Ás a result I always look like I've wet myself once home, plus have a nice permanent stained damp patch on my seat :-(

JustKickOn

Visit site
I cleaned mine the other weekend. A bag of shavings had exploded on the back seat. I have however started taking off my boots and overalls and popping them in a bag in the boot before driving. Makes a huge difference.

I rarely have rubbish in the car though, no need for it.