How much do you charge for part loan???

newhorse

Visit site
I have never part loaned a horse out before and wondered what you charge for, if anything?

He is not the most experienced horse in jumping etc, he is a hacker and is currently under going a 1 month training programme and full schooling so will doing some jumping and basic dressage by the end of it.

As some of you may be aware, I a not a bit fan of riding and am really wanting to get out of riding all together! The person would be with him for 3-4 days per week

Any ideas or advice appreciated?

Thanks

Jeska

Visit site
I have just put my horse on part loan - the lady and her daughter can ride him as often as they want or as little. My yard is 18 pound at the minute so im charging her £10 and she is going to pay for his feed, shoes, bills ect

Hope that helps

newhorse

Visit site
Hi Milosgirl

Is that £10 pw or month? Ideally, I would like to put him on full loan for 6 months but still want to have time with him so probably not suitable.

I was told sometime ago that if I put him on part loan the other person would pay just a nominal £10-20 pw but i pay for everything else?

Does this seem right to you

Thakns

Booboos

Visit site
I think it entirely depends on what you want to ask for and what people are willing to pay for. I have always had rides in exchange for help with the horses shares, so no money changing hands, but you may want to look at how much the horse costs you re livery, shoeing, etc. and ask the loanee to pay a percentage of that.

ljpinkhorse

Visit site
I have part loaned a couple of horses before and this is what i paid :
£25 for 3 days a week for a 13.3hh confidence giver .
£30 for 3 days a week for a 16.3hh ISH .
£20 a week for a riding school horse that me and my friend part loaned - full cost was £40 and we split it .
^^^ Horses where at DIY livery and i was expected to do everything for horse in afternoon but owner fed and turned out in the morning .
Assuming your sharer is going to do all stable chores 3-4 days per week and also has sole use of the horse on these days i would say £30 per week would not be unreasonable , however i would expect that cost to cover shoes , feed ect and not have the sharer pay seperatly .

newhorse

Visit site
Sounds fair Lucy, thanks for that. My boy has to have little wedge shoes also so these do costs a bit more but obviously thats my problem, not the persob who is loaning him.

I think will look at maybe £20-30 (depending on the right person) as livery is DIY so maybe £20 in summer, £30 in winter would be fair 'all in' so to speak

Thanks

TinselTurkey

Visit site
well nevadas owners never come up so me and his sharer each pay £300 a month plus shoes, feed, vet, dentist etc...
we basically pay half of everything, his real owners don't pay a thing!

j1ffy

Visit site
I pay £15 a day for my share horse and have him twice a week (I.e. £30 pw). He's on full livery so I do no chores, and the £30 includes everything including shoes. It's a bit top end but everything is pricey in London, especially full livery! He's a warmblood who can do dressage and hack but not much jumping as he has a touch of arthritis in his coffin joint.

ljpinkhorse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
me and his sharer each pay £300 a month plus shoes, feed, vet, dentist etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Did you mean £30 ? If not thats extortionate !

Rachaelpink

Visit site
Work out what he costs you a week then divide by no. of days sharer has him, although I charge my sharer under what it costs me per day. I'd recommend using BHS loan agreement and altering it slightly too.

RolyPolyPony

Visit site
I pay £20 per week for my share horse. That covers the cost of his shoes each month (he needs special shoes) for as much riding as i want. I also usually poo pick in the field a few times a week (as he lives out 24/7) Also if needed i will go and feed or do anything else that his owner is unable to do on that day.

Twizzel

Visit site
I used to pay £110/month for a share, was meant to ride 3-4 days a week, actually rode less than that
frown.gif
Covered shoes, feed, livery, basically the owner halved her total monthly bill and that's how much I paid.

I'm now riding some beautiful horses for nothing, they are a world apart from my old share horse. I've accomplished more on them in the 5 weeks that I've been riding them than I ever did in the 9 months of my old share
laugh.gif

Best way to work out what to charge is to add up your regular monthly outgoings- livery, shoes, feed, divide by 4 to give a weekly sum, divide by 7 to give a daily amount then multiply by however many days your sharer will have the horse.

Lotsey

New User
Visit site
I pay £193 a month but I'm not sure that's a good price. I pay half of everything like feed, bedding, shoes, vet and excess insurance :)

flying solo

Visit site
I've just got a sharer and she pays £105 PCM. My livery is £35 per week and I took out more insurance to cover her if anything was to happen. I pay everything else and do all chores and she can ride as offen as she likes due to me being pregnant again. She seems happy with this arrangement and I pay slightly more than she does over the year but I don't mind, least I know the insurance bills are paid should anything go wrong.

cider loving mare

Visit site
I have two ponies and they both have somebody who has them on part loan. They are allowed to come as many days a week as they like. As long as I know what their plans are. One girl only comes once a week n term time and maybe more in holidays the other vary's from week to week. They pay £30 a month but they have to jobs like poo picking, mucking out ect. They usually clean my horse box out everytime its been used. If I have taken them somewhere I insist on this anyway but if its just been me, they'll come along help me tack up and sort out water hay ect and then clean the box when we get back and they always offer. They are both teenagers, and I like having them around. I don't have to pay any rent so that money will go towards other costs. They do pay fuel money if they want to go anywhere though. I had one of them on part loan before I bought him and used to pay 60 a month.

mandwhy

Visit site
I think 10-20 a week is normal and that's what I pay for two days but horse lives out. If you pay over 150 a month you might as well get your own horse unless it is some special competition thing! I have always paid a flat rate :)

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I've had shares for my cob and usually ask for enough to cover his livery for the days they have him. He's on full livery so they don't have any jobs to do. He's 100% in all ways, schooled for notice dressage and will pop jumps happily. It works out to about £12 per day.

Always_A_Moody_Mare

Visit site
I have paid:
£18 pw for a 14hh Newforest for 3 days a week
£20 pw for a 15.2hh ISH for 4 days a week
£25 pw for the use of a 16.1hh tb and a 15.2hh connie x tb for 3 days a week
£22 pw for a 16.1hh for 3 days (ish) a week

They have all been on DIY and I did all of the jobs in the evenings on my days but the owners did the mornings.

At the moment I dont pay anything but there are 6 horses so when I go down (2-4 times pw) I can be there all day and do all the mucking out/bedding down etc and I ride too so I do lots of work for my riding.