How much does an arena cost?

OWLIE185

Visit site
For a 20 x 40 you should allow £40,000 + vat for it to be built correctly.
In most cases DIY arenas turn in to a total disaster.
You need a reputable professional company to build your manage if you want something that will give you many years of trouble free use.

TGM

Visit site

I'm not sure where you are based but that is definitely not the case in our area, unless prices have rocketed. When we were looking for a supplier two years ago, the going rate seemed to be about £20k plus vat, give or take a grand or two. That is the sort of price we paid to have ours built by a reputable, long-established company with a five year guarantee. Obviously, you can pay more if you want lots of extras, or if you have a difficult site to deal with.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
In most cases DIY arenas turn in to a total disaster.
You need a reputable professional company to build your manage if you want something that will give you many years of trouble free use.

I'm not sure where you are based but that is definitely not the case in our area, unless prices have rocketed. When we were looking for a supplier two years ago, the going rate seemed to be about £20k plus vat, give or take a grand or two. That is the sort of price we paid to have ours built by a reputable, long-established company with a five year guarantee. Obviously, you can pay more if you want lots of extras, or if you have a difficult site to deal with.

I'm in your ballpark TGM, we paid a lot less than £40k+vat for a 20 x 60 last month! :D
professional company, awkward site with lots of cut & fill. Done a fab job.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I would like to book a daytrip to tiddlypom's arena when it's finished.
Visitors always welcome :). The pics were taken in May 2011 so the arena is now nearly 4 years old. I still cannot really believe that it is mine. It is fabulous.

When we moved here, I jokingly used to say that having an arena was part of the 25 year plan, so 1986 to 2011 was within target (just).

The construction team duo were on site for about 13 days (excluding weekends), working 10 hour days. They lived on site in a caravan (which you can just see in the pics). Everything went like clockwork, and every stage was finished to perfection before they proceeded to the next.

The cost of the arena was barely more than that quoted by much less experienced and reputable operators. I was able to view any number of existing CB arenas that were 15 plus years old in the local area. We hadn't intended to go with one of the big boys, but are very glad that we did. Experience is priceless in arena construction.

Ceriann

Visit site
We've just had a quote from CB and arena 20 x 40 nowhere near 40k - cost does depend on finish and extras though. We are about to move house and plan to get a yard put in in the new place. I'm stupidly excited about it and lucky that OH is bought into getting experienced people in to do it - we want to do it once!

Shazzababs

Visit site
We had one put in about 10 years ago by a small local company.
We went to view a few they had done, and rode in the one at the local competition yard before we picked them.

Ours is a 25x50m (big enough to jump across the short side which is great), we have sand with rubber and have never had any issues with it, although I would like to add some fibre to it now to give it a little more 'bounce'. It cost £16k including VAT (10 years ago).

9tails

Visit site
Visitors always welcome :). The pics were taken in May 2011 so the arena is now nearly 4 years old. I still cannot really believe that it is mine. It is fabulous.

When we moved here, I jokingly used to say that having an arena was part of the 25 year plan, so 1986 to 2011 was within target (just).

The construction team duo were on site for about 13 days (excluding weekends), working 10 hour days. They lived on site in a caravan (which you can just see in the pics). Everything went like clockwork, and every stage was finished to perfection before they proceeded to the next.

The cost of the arena was barely more than that quoted by much less experienced and reputable operators. I was able to view any number of existing CB arenas that were 15 plus years old in the local area. We hadn't intended to go with one of the big boys, but are very glad that we did. Experience is priceless in arena construction.

Just packing the horse and tack into the trailer...

My yard has just had their arena redone. On the cheap. Again. As the YO doesn't ride, he likes to let us know how much cash he's forked out but it's already compacting and bricks are being found on the surface.

Last edited: