how much is everyone paying for hay this year?

Visit site
prices seem to vary a lot around me...
but paying £2.50 for smalls and £20 for big rounds.......

Is that all?!?!?! I pay £3.50-4 per small bale, one farmer went up to £5 a bale so we no longer go to him. I also pay £28 per big bale of haylage delivered.

The feed merchant up the road sells round bales of hay for £20-25 I think.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We are lucky enough that my partner works on a farm so nothing!
My boss however pays £35 for a round bale which I thought a lot!
Small ones are advertised at about £3-£4 locally

AppyLover

Visit site
Think small bales are around £5 but we have round bales which are £25 a piece which I thought was good and then last year the big 6ft normal bales were £40 a piece I think 😊

jumping.jack_flash

Visit site
I'm in Berkshire - and I'm paying £40 for a large bale.... and reading this thread.... and seeing what your all paying... I'm seriously wondering IF I'm getting ripped off!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My YO sells slightly loose ryegrass rounds for £25. I'm buying mega heavy wrapped meadow hay rounds for £20 but that's mates rates :D Best hay I've had in YEARS. Ponies are delighted! Herefordshire.

Abacus

Visit site
I'm paying £3.50 per small bale including delivery or it would be £3. In an expensive area and that's the cheapest I have had for many years. They are solidly packed and relatively heavy, quality is fine but not top quality. Suits me for the fat ponies though.

seaofdreams

Visit site
I'm in Berkshire, for a round bale it's £45 for one but if we get two they are £35 each.
My old yard I have just moved from in Bucks was £6 for a small bale which wasn't great quality at times, I wasn't allowed large bales there.

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
I'm paying £20 per large round haylage but picked up a stack of 15 at £10 a bale in the summer for a field thats hard to get a tractor up to in winter and they've been lovely so far.

They seem to vary from £25 -£42 for large bales generally locally though and £4.50 to £7.50 for small bales

atropa

Visit site
Small square bale £5, large round £45.. quality is generally okay but varies, I need to buy it off my YO who buys it in. Central Scotland