How much to build an arena?

Ella00

Visit site
Building an arena wondering how it would cost to build a 20x40 arena also need the ground to be levelled as its on a slope

millitiger

Visit site
We just did a 25 x 40 for £18k, all in.
We had to use quite a bit of clean stone to build up level as had quite a slope and I don’t have full fencing as that would have added about another £4K.

I adore my arena, it rides really well and would have cost double if done by a contractor.

catembi

Visit site
Mine was similar to the one above as it had to be cut & fill due to slope, it's 20x40, fenced & has economy track surface & there was very little change from £40k. It rides extremely well & I am very pleased with it.

TheMule

Visit site
20x40 On a budget,musing a good groundworks guy rather than an arena company, on a slight slope, including some mirrors- 18k. Was quoted 28k by a couple of companies

Melandmary

Visit site
We had a 20x40 done in the summer.... Also on a slope. It cost 12,000. We have fenced it ourselves with wooden posts and electric fencing and i sourced the sand. Quotes from contractors were coming in at 36,000 and i just don't have that budget. I am very happy with it. Hasn't flooded and rides well now the sand has settled. We used a a friend of a farmer who did groundworks.

ShadowHunter

Visit site
somewhere between 15-18k, including levelling out and a new bank created. Its the surface that can really cost depending on what type you go for. Ended up at over 40k with surface included.