How much to charge a sharer

g&tanyone?

Visit site
Probably been done to death- how much would you charge a sharer for 3rides a week no stable duties. Safe sane horse. Great facilities schools, all weather jump paddock and gallops....

Many thanks

zaminda

Visit site
Depends on location, where are you? Also if you need the money, or would rather have a good rider with maybe a lower budget, and how flexible you can be on days etc. I would say £30 is fair. Poss more if you are near london, where everything is expensive!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
there was a massive debate about this yesterday, some people think that you should the total cost of the horse per month and work out how much it costs per day! then charge the daily rate for each day that they are doing!

but depends on what you need or whether you just want a sharer for help with exercise?

maybe just to cover the cost of the horses shoes. there is no sort of set price really!

Bikerchickone

Visit site
If the horse is a nice safe responsive ride that you're not asking anyone to improve for you I'd say it should be at least £35 a week when based on the facilities and the area. It costs me about £17 a day each to keep my horses on full livery so I'd want a sharer to pay that to have them for a day, although my youngster I'd consider less or even nothing as she's very green and needs bringing on.

Wundahorse

Visit site
A lovely young girl shares my welsh section D and i let her ride when she wants,but she usually makes 3 times a week.I charge her £80 a month as the livery is £130 per month and we do have wonderful facilities including a 60x30 sand and rubber arena.Shoes are £63 and then feed etc on top.I think £80 is fair as the girl,or her Grandad was paying up to £30 a time for a group lesson lasing one hour.I encourage her to compete and gladly take her to shows as i like to see the pony go out and do things.I mainly ride my Arab and have less time for Jasmine,and my daughter has the WB.The pony is lovely and i really can't bear to part with her.In these hard times the money really comes in handy.

solly3066

Visit site
Hi, I have a fab sharer 😍 to me it was finding the right person rather than money. My sharer pays half cost of shoeing, £35, in return for riding about 3 times week. Also happy for her to compete whenever she likes and obviously, she foots the bill for this

orsceno1

Visit site
My sharer pays £25/wk for 3 days riding. We have an all weather school and brilliant hacking, horse is an all rounder and a star. Lives out so just some poo picking as stable duties. I worked out what he cost me a month in livery, feed and shoes and worked it out from there. Of course that doesn't reflect the cost of keeping him as doesn't include things like vets, insurance etc but I think it's a fair price, especially when you consider the cost of one lesson at a riding school or a hack at a trekking centre!

NightOwl

Visit site
Probably been done to death- how much would you charge a sharer for 3rides a week no stable duties. Safe sane horse. Great facilities schools, all weather jump paddock and gallops....

Many thanks

I share - 3 days a week but with stable duties. Indoor and outdoor school, jumps, gallops, good off road hacking for £25 a week. I know another lady at the yard wanted £30 a week as she has transport as well but got no takers until she dropped it to £25. I know people say that you should work it out based on costs of the horse but in my experience the adverts which were around for a long time were the ones which were higher then £25 a week.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I would say whatever the daily normal costs are x the number of days. However if horse is on full livery at an expensive yard then it will limit how many takers you have unless its a fantastic comp horse & even then you will have less interest. Usually what's fair would be the costs if it was on diy at same yard.