How much to park your trailer or truck?

Greylegs

Visit site
Prompted by the other "which yard" thread, I'm minded to wonder how much you pay - if anything - to park your trailer or truck at your yard. I used to be on a yard where it was free, moved to one where it was £10 per month and am now on a place where it's £20 per month. This is for an Ifor 403 single trailer. I think £20 is more than enough tbh, but is that the norm?

little_critter

Visit site
I pay £10 per month (lorry or trailer). I know what you mean ref the other thread, when I saw £30 per month to park I thought it was steep!

Sealine

Visit site
£15 per month where I am. The yard owner also has a caravans and motor homes in addition to the horse trailers and trucks. I think she charges £20 for a horse box.

Annagain

Visit site
I don't have to pay anything as it's included in my (very reasonable) livery but non-liveries can also pay to keep their trailers there and that's £15 per four weeks.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
It used to be free, then £10/month for lorry (£5 for trailer), now £15/month for lorry (£10 for trailer). I've seen some yards advertise with similar charges on a weekly basis which is really expensive IMO!

Kezzabell2

Visit site
nothing for my trailer. and my livery is only £20 a month now!! but that is for my mini Shetland and I do collect the money from the other liveries and make sure that its paid in time etc. Also I sort out all of the maintenance of the fencing etc! the farmer only tops and sprays the fields when required!!

mcnaughty

Visit site
£10 for trailers £20 for lorry - not sure why though because they are both a similar width and you cannot block them in so similar sized space overall.

Heathy82

Visit site
Nothing where I am currently but the 2 yards I am looking at are £15pm and £30pm. Currently trying to convince hubby to let me park it on our drive

chocolategirl

Visit site
I don't charge because they would not be insured under my yard policy, so I make any client who keeps a trailer or box here, sign a waiver basically confirming they don't pay anything, so keep here entirely at their own risk! The yards that do charge I'm assuming do have cover????

ossy

Visit site
But what about the clients who don't have a box to store?

Full livery is just that a full package of offered services, if you want to pick and choose then do diy or part. Of course some people will make more use of it than others. We have an out door and indoor arenas full livery package includes use of these including lightling, we have a full livery that only ever hacks, should she then have a discount because of this no its a package. My expectation is things like parking should be included if you sign up to full livery.

chocolategirl

Visit site
Full livery is just that a full package of offered services, if you want to pick and choose then do diy or part. Of course some people will make more use of it than others. We have an out door and indoor arenas full livery package includes use of these including lightling, we have a full livery that only ever hacks, should she then have a discount because of this no its a package. My expectation is things like parking should be included if you sign up to full livery.

I don't look at that way as a lorry or trailer takes up a lot of room and for everyone of your clients that doesn't use the school, you could have one that takes advantage of one of the other facilities more than anyone else, it's swings and roundabouts to me! That's my logic anyway, warped possibly, but I only offer DIY anyway so I'm probably not qualified to speak on this subject.

Doublethyme

Visit site
If yards charge separately for trailers/horseboxes my understanding is that they should have additional insurance to cover this service. As someone said further up it is not covered usually under normal yard insurances. Or so I was led to believe. Think you need additional cover like they have at the caravan storage type places.

Doesn't stop yards doing it but probably in their interests to just charge higher general livery and give parking free.

I keep mine on a farm and it's only a small yard so we get free parking.

DirectorFury

Visit site
£5pw on top of my full livery charge. I actually don't mind though as the full livery price is very reasonable and I have total peace of mind knowing that my horse is being looked after properly - I've been on some DIY yards where I wouldn't trust the YO with a hamster.

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
I don't charge because they would not be insured under my yard policy, so I make any client who keeps a trailer or box here, sign a waiver basically confirming they don't pay anything, so keep here entirely at their own risk! The yards that do charge I'm assuming do have cover????

This made me wonder if those who charge for trailers:lorrys would need to insure them as someone who allowed caravan storage would ?

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
If yards charge separately for trailers/horseboxes my understanding is that they should have additional insurance to cover this service. As someone said further up it is not covered usually under normal yard insurances. Or so I was led to believe. Think you need additional cover like they have at the caravan storage type places.

Doesn't stop yards doing it but probably in their interests to just charge higher general livery and give parking free.

I keep mine on a farm and it's only a small yard so we get free parking.

Should have read the whole post. Made me wonder the same.