How much would people pay....

KatB

Visit site
For a real true allrounder? Is smart and quality enough to be a seriously high class RC horse and wil do low level BE/BSJA and probably go up the levels BD quite happily. Excellent in all ways re. hacking, clipping etc etc
smile.gif
Had placings and wins in all riding club activities. Safe and sane?
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Personally, and I’m no expect in horse prices, but if I was buying for me, I would pay £6000, if it truly is safe and sane!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
£6k is a reasonable price for a horse that is capable of top riding club level for all disciplines - i.e. team stuff. More if the horse is capable of reasonable affiliation. It is the safe and sane bit that is so hard to come by.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I sold one of my old ponies for £6k- he was a brilliant pony club pony...wouldn't of done open, but he was the safest pony you will ever find. Its surprising how many pony club mums will pay for safety.

KatB

Visit site
Thanks FMM, the horse will affiliate in all disciplines, will prob do well in Dr, (never below 63% with listed judges) and has won/placed at unaff eventing and upto 1.05 sjing.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Reading between the lines I guess you're thinking of selling Goddy? I think he'll sell all day long for £6-8K - he's coloured, he is a lovely person, he's safe and he'll look after someone doing lower level stuff and round an intro if they have those aspirations.

I'm not sure I'd class him as a 'top level RC' horse simply because if you're thinking of selling him I am guessing it is because you don't feel he'll be comfortable above PN, and the top level RC horses eventing are doing Novice (and if they are doing well being scouted for Rural Riders which is 2*), SJ 1.10 - however dressage-wise I think he'd be in his element. Hope you're not offended by that.

MegaBeast

Visit site
Would say £6-8k. Possibly more as young enough but old enough to have seen lots and gone through the "silly" stage

But, if it is your skewbald then maybe a premium for the colour.

KatB

Visit site
Nope not offended Spotted Cat! I know he wont make a star eventer/sjer but has the capability of doing all the open RC events around us well. He will excel in a dr home I think
smile.gif
Nothings certain yet, just throwing ideas around really
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Super_starz

Visit site
He sounds just like my coloured in my signature, i sold him last year and the number of phone calls i got about him was unbelievable, i really could have sold him 100 times over!
I think that your prices are along the right lines, i sold mine for a little bit less mainly because he's was a bit of a grump and a bit older at 10yrs old (plus prices arent has good up here).
smirk.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I'd say £4500 - £5500 but then I seem to be stingey on prices! Im unsure if he's actually DOING open RC level etc. now though as you say "capable" which is totally different.

Id never pay more than about £6k for any horse though - Not to offend at all, I just like bargains
wink.gif

Saying that, I have one for sale just now - not quite the same as yours as mine does showing etc. as well as RC stuff / intro BE etc. and Im asking £5.5k for him.

KatB

Visit site
No the main RC around us M_M runs their open events around a BE course that he has done, no probs.
smile.gif
I wouldnt even consider selling for 5.5k tbh, he's worth more than that to me!!
tongue.gif
Thanks though
smile.gif
Its only a ponder at the moment anyway
smile.gif

X

xspiralx

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say £4500 - £5500 but then I seem to be stingey on prices! Im unsure if he's actually DOING open RC level etc. now though as you say "capable" which is totally different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

As SC said, top flight PC/RC stuff is similar to Novice level BE, and whilst he might be capable of that, he has no experience at that level so you would have to sell him on potential, which wouldn't command the same price as a horse established and competitive at that level.

As a nice and safe allrounder to do Intermediate PC/RC stuff and low level affiliated, then I personally would say around 5k, up to 6 if he is really safe and uncomplicated.

KatB

Visit site
As I said Spiral, I wouldnt sell him for that as I know horses that are alot less genuine and not as good moving/not so much of a good unaff/aff record for 7.5k If you can find a truely safe/quality horse which has won/been placed upto 1.05m SJing, ODE's and dressage but will still let anyone hack it out, and under 10 for 6k let me know
wink.gif
tongue.gif

X

xspiralx

[ QUOTE ]
As I said Spiral, I wouldnt sell him for that as I know horses that are alot less genuine and not as good moving/not so much of a good unaff/aff record for 7.5k If you can find a truely safe/quality horse which has won/been placed upto 1.05m SJing, ODE's and dressage but will still let anyone hack it out, and under 10 for 6k let me know
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean this in an offensive way at all, but when you look at his record on paper it shows a horse that has only gone clear SJ once in his 14 BE outings and has a relatively patchy XC record.

Don't get me wrong, I think Goddy is lovely, but you did ask for honest opinions and 5k is around the value I would place on a nice safe allrounder with experience competing up to about 1.05m. Obviously that is just my opinion though.

KatB

Visit site
Nope I agree, which is why I dont want to aim him at an affiliated market. I can also show you numerous rossettes/trophies/test sheets from Sjing/Dr and Unaff ODES and PC events
wink.gif
tongue.gif
He isnt the most consistant, though if you look at my BE record you will see my Sjing isnt the most consistant (only one result from another horse who has gone Intermediate and still had 2 poles
tongue.gif
)

I know a horse who had done 2 Intro's, one double clear admittedly, with a crap dr, and the other with a 56dr, clr sjing and a stop XC who was an arse to do (would kick in the stable etc) wasnt good on the flat and who would jump a course of 1.05m max who went for 7.5k at 10yrs old, and had numerous calls for...
wink.gif

I agree, on paper, it prob doesnt amount to much, but in reality.... I just wouldnt sell him for 5k as I would be underselling myself and him
smile.gif
I dont need rid of him!!

ihatework

Visit site
He is a good age, good height and a fashionable colour. Combine that with a safe hack and I could easily see him selling to a RC home for 7.5K, people are prepared to pay for safety. Its about targetting him correctly. If you are serious about selling him I would affiliate him dressage and put a few points on his record and hopefully regional qualifications.

X

xspiralx

Mmm well obviously I am only really looking at the bare facts, and valuing him based on evidence of ability/results.
smile.gif

I don't doubt you could get more, as people will pay a premium for safety, but I think your best bet for that would be selling through word of mouth to people who know how lovely he is.

KatB

Visit site
Yep I know, you are looking at the evidence available to yourself at the mo, I am guilty of doing the same. If I DID decide to sell, obviously I would have all the unaffil records available to hand
tongue.gif
its just unfortunate his BE record doesnt reflect what he has done elsewhere.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Horses are always valued low by people that have never sat on them. Do not underestimate what a safe, easy horse is worth. I was told my horse was worth £5k last year despite a fairly consistent record at novice (fairly poor Sjing in places!) amazingly safe hack, easy to do, amazing dressage and fabulous hunter. If you stuck this post on NL then you would get a very different response as 99% of the people in there would be looking for that kind of horse.
You know roughly what he is worth and I expect you can get between 7-9k for him depending on the right person coming along.

diggerbez

Visit site
based on what you've said katb i would advertise your horse at 10k (but be prepared to take a drop). i sold the grey in my siggy for a touch below that in feb and his BE record was a little patchy too - altho he did have some top 4 places intro and pre nov also (his name was diamond diozamor if you want to see for comparison). He was ideally suited to a dressage home and so i got trainer to take him to a couple of BDs and get some points on him and then i ended up selling him to a happy hacker who (IMO!) had more money than sense- she said she'd like to do a bit of local stressage with him but she blatantly bought him because she felt he was safe (even tho i actually said he might try to nap with a complete novice) and he was so pretty- Goddy is gorgeous and so will pull that market....so if i were you i'd get him affil BD and just get some points on that record then you can big that up when people ring and downplay the BE record a little....
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Thanks Diggerbez, I prob wouldnt ask quite that much as I'd worry about alienating some of the market?! Had thought about taking him out BD, though short of funds to affil at the mo! Argh!! If I do put him up, I will put him up for what i want, do some intro's to repair his record a bit, and do some more dr, will prob pop out and do some Nov/elem tests as he does move well and "pure" dr judges do seem to quite like him from previous experience as he is very accurate, rhythmical and rideable.