how NOT to lunge a horse :o

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
What's with all the jerking? Poor horse. Those people are a bunch of f*cking jerks!
mad.gif
mad.gif

somethingorother

Visit site
I know it has been said that bad horsemanship can come from all angles, but to me this does resemble some of the 'games' in what i have seen of Mr P. Where they have the horses out on a circle, and yank on the rope (attached to pressure halter) before swinging rope/flicking stick to make the horse jump the other way. I wasn't impressed when i saw Mr and Mrs P teaching someone to do this to a confused and wide eyed horse (granted on tv, but it was still them doing it), but this was an even worse attempt made by complete idiots. Poor guy, no wonder he looked unhappy in his mouth when they got on. Clearly no need for that huge bit either.

Tabbi

Visit site
OK......I have no experience of lungeing a horse, but that did not look good!!
Is it me or are they making it look harder then it really is?

saddlesore

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a Parelli worshipper, but I do get fed up with the slagging off that it gets on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't slagging it off. I'm very interested in natural horsemanship! I was just saying that IMO it looks like they were trying to do parelli (or similar) and making an absolute mess of it.

Pixxie

Visit site
that poor poor animal
what the hell does that woman think she is doing?
blush.gif
she should be ashamed, watch the video of her riding as well poor horse hasnt got a clue whether he's coming or going

its titled cruzer 3
xx

ribena73

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What's with all the jerking? Poor horse. Those people are a bunch of f*cking jerks!
mad.gif
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly
mad.gif
American idiots!

D

Donkeymad

two things struck me, both of which have been said

America & Parelli(ish)
crazy.gif

kirstie

Visit site
im absolutely disgusted. that poor horse. no reason for that at all. id love 2 put a great lump of metal in their mouths and see how they like it when i try 2 dislocate their jaws when i want them 2 do something they dont understand.

Booboos

Visit site
Poor horse! I couldn't bear to watch all of it but it looked pretty messed up. Poor owner also! Imagine not knowing how to lunge (we all had to start somewhere), being contientious enough to book a lesson to learn and getting THAT instructor!!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
don't know what it was meant to be, but it wasn't parelli.
The deliverance woman was so aggressive with that poor horse. I watched the owner woman ride it, hoping it was going to deck her.

tasel

Visit site
They sure would not be able to do that with my horse (she's only 4 but even though she does not have the muscles yet, she can bl**dy kick and buck - especially if she got treated like that).

And why the hell is there a "mountain" in the middle of the hall???