How often do you visit?

How often do you visit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
My youngster is out on grass livery and I go once a day to check and feed her. I'm lucky as the field manager is always around to keep an eye on her and will phone me if anything has happened. If I didn't have someone else there checking her I would go twice a day.

x x

aussierider

Visit site
Twice a day everyday, before I got my old horse I didn't really need to but I would always pop in for a pat on my way to work. But now I need to hard feed the oldie twice a day.

misskk88

Visit site
When the lady I share with is around, I am usually down once a day as she will cover one end of the day.

When it is just me, I am down three times a day. That is in the morning to turn out the others, and put out more hay to my horse, then again after work to bring in, give more hay, and feed the indoor ones, and then an evening check before bed. They are only a mile down the road though, if they were further afield and all were living out 24/7 I wouldn't bother with the night check before bed!

Ponycarrots

Visit site
Twice a day at least (that's for feeding/checking them over etc.) if I'm riding, poo picking, have more free time to groom etc it'll be more.

Auslander

Visit site
Personally, a hands on check at least twice a day, and often more. I also have a friend who drives past the field on her way to work, and texts me at 7am to let me know that they are standing up, moving, eating, being normal. She's horsey, and would go across the field and check if anything looked wrong. Various other friends are in the area, and always have a look across the field if they are passing.

Spiritedly

Visit site
There are three of us at my yard and we each check once a day at different times so the horses are actually checked three times, more if we have arranged to ride together. Weekends we tend to all be there for most of the day.

dark_prince

Visit site
At the very least once a day. If I cannot physically go up twice a day myself I always make sure that someone else is - the same as in winter.

Really frustrates me to see horses out on 24/7 turnout and owners only coming up every couple of weeks.

sarahann1

Visit site
Once a day, but my horses are on a staffed livery yard with the owners living on site and are checked in the mornings, if this wasn't the case, I'd be checking twice a day.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Three times aday - muck out in morning and ridden - let out into all weather yard for morning, 1pm turned out into field and brought in at around 4.30pm bedded down for night

Annagain

Visit site
Mine is only out 24/7 in summer. I've put once a day but I'm at a great DIY yard with lovely fellow liveries and we'll all keep an eye on all the horses and contact an owner if there's a problem, as well as the YO casting an eye over them while checking the sheep. It helps that all 6 in my boys' herd are inseparable so they're never more than 20 yards away from each other!

3OldPonies

Visit site
Twice a day, for feeds, rug, field and fencing checks. Also poo picking every day, twice a day when the evenings are light. Am there more often at weekends grooming and doing maintenance stuff, and on days off from work - and this is for two old field ornaments. Can't understand people who don't even go once a day.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Twice a day, although I don't really have to as my fab fieldmate "does" evenings but that's my time for riding, grooming etc so usually do. At the weekends, we usually both do the mornings and then ride and then one evening each.

Whatever happens, they are checked twice a day by one of us.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Mine are in fields behind my house so can see them all the time but I call them over twice a day to check on them and if they don't come then I go out to make sure they are all ok.