How to report a company - Thunderbrook?

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
For repackaging and changing bbe dates on goods and for leaving out ingredients listed on the packaging (as they’re currently too expensive). What’s the best place to report this? Trading standing or a regulatory body?

Visit site
I should say I know this to be true, even second hand, I trust the person and he has no reason to lie. This company is Thunderbrook and he previously provided information which was proved true. If you use there products and they smell or look different beware!

Last edited:

Muddywellies

Visit site
For repackaging and changing bbe dates on goods and for leaving out ingredients listed on the packaging (as they’re currently too expensive). What’s the best place to report this? Trading standing or a regulatory body?
Can I have more info please. My horse is on TB chaff and is very happy on it. But I have noticed my current bag the chaff seems quite different.

Michen

Visit site
Good god. Glad I've never bought any of those products, I remember seeing some bullying behaviour from him online years ago

GrassChop

Visit site
Can I have more info please. My horse is on TB chaff and is very happy on it. But I have noticed my current bag the chaff seems quite different.

This concerns me too. I use their hay cobs and they kind of smell like raisins when soaked but I thought maybe it was the heat!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Anyone currently feeding TB feeds please keep a small sample aside, along with the composition blurb on the bag, in case it could usefully be sent in for analysis by trading standards.

Fjord

Visit site
OP, has someone who works for TB told you this happens? If so that's shocking and very worrying that a feed company would do this.

HBB

Visit site
See my new post on how to report, he never vanished, he just his behind a fake name and continued as he was, probably laughing off these posts. I hope he can’t do the same to the regulatory bodies, I’ve heard of some dodgy stuff from a chap who quit working for them, details in other post

So Eddie is still working for Thunderbrooks? That's shocking!

PurBee

Visit site
OP, has someone who works for TB told you this happens? If so that's shocking and very worrying that a feed company would do this.

I’m not shocked at all, i’ve encountered mis-labelled feeds - looked into EU animal feed labelling laws - followed the protocol, nothing gets done.

Trading Standards UK are a joke - they pass the buck - when reporting a business who was defrauding many online customers of thousands of pounds for high value farming machinery - TS said report to police , police said report to TS, and google said ‘small claims court, sort it out yourself’ - which i ended up doing.

There may be laws written and governing agencies in place, but companies actually complying with law and these agencies doing their job to ensure this, is where the lines blur, and companies get away with selling anything as anything….in whatever manner they wish without recompense.

All we can do as consumers is get the word out via forums and shut down companies by choosing to spend our money elsewhere!

Visit site
As to how I found out, the company is located in a small rural community where everyone knows everyone. The company and owner are well known there. There is such a high turnover of staff and they are constantly recruiting. Therefore pretty much everyone local knows an ex employee

I don’t know the details of which products, just that my neighbour was told by an ex employee not to buy the dog food as it was out of date but relabelled and that it wasn’t the only product to use out of date ingredients. I will try and find out more from the ex employee direct

As to Eddie being fired that was an outright lie, he’s very much still in charge and hasn’t changed. Like I said he is well known in the community and avoided by most. A lot of the ex employees won’t speak out publicly out of fear of come backs from him

Nicnac

Visit site
If you haven’t already seen you should look this up

That was in March 2020. If you search there's a lot of threads on here about this. Not sure why it's being brought up yet again? Surely anyone with any sense would have researched their feed maker and with all the info about TB and their alleged nefarious actions would have stopped feeding it.

Visit site
That was in March 2020. If you search there's a lot of threads on here about this. Not sure why it's being brought up yet again? Surely anyone with any sense would have researched their feed maker and with all the info about TB and their alleged nefarious actions would have stopped feeding it.

Well obviously not since they’re still in business and people are still buying from them. This post was from 2020 but it only became public knowledge a few months ago and then only to the people on here reading it and maybe a hundred Facebook shares

Why not bring it up again? Why not keep it in the public domain in the hope more people do see it, when they research?

GrassChop

Visit site
Well obviously not since they’re still in business and people are still buying from them. This post was from 2020 but it only became public knowledge a few months ago and then only to the people on here reading it and maybe a hundred Facebook shares

Why not bring it up again? Why not keep it in the public domain in the hope more people do see it, when they research?

To be fair, his behaviour disgusted me but my horse was priority and did well on the feed so I didn't change and stayed on it solely for her.
However, now her wellbeing could be compromised due to using out of date product, I will definitely be changing.

Visit site
To be fair, his behaviour disgusted me but my horse was priority and did well on the feed so I didn't change and stayed on it solely for her.
However, now her wellbeing could be compromised due to using out of date product, I will definitely be changing.

To be honest if you are feeding products amongst their best sellers then it’s unlikely to be an issue for you. They will probably sell out before a BBE is an issue

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
To be honest if you are feeding products amongst their best sellers then it’s unlikely to be an issue for you. They will probably sell out before a BBE is an issue
But if, as your source suggests, they are leaving some listed ingredients out then anyone buying TB feeds will not be sure what they are feeding to their horses.

TB poor practice and conduct needs bumping any time something new comes to light, so thanks for the heads up.

The only product that I have ever considered buying from them is organic oats, as I couldn't source them elsewhere. I would need to trust TB that the oats are, indeed, organic and not regular oats.