How to trot up a cat?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Please don't feel guilty F, I can't imagine many of us would have done anything differently than you did. Fingers crossed he keeps his tail 🤞

Rosemary28

Visit site
As others have said, please please don't feel guilty. I would have done the same as you; my puss is terrified of going in the cat box. I really hope he keeps his tail; I'm thinking of you and him.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

He's bright as a button this morning having slept on my pillow all night (with that thunderstorm keeping me awake he had lots of hugs) and he isn't over washing his wound which is great. I'm just hoping that the antibiotic does its job now.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
A couple of pics from earlier this evening.

Taking it easy in this heat and a close up of the reopened wound.

Attachments

• 107_2340 (2).JPG
    107_2340 (2).JPG
    695.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 107_2346 (2).JPG
    107_2346 (2).JPG
    623.3 KB · Views: 19

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
You know what a fan I am of Kasper, he’s gorgeous and the wound looks clean. Crossing fingers for a speedy recovery

I've been very pleased with him as he has been washing the wound but not over washing it if that makes sense? No 'lampshade' needed thankfully.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
I've been very pleased with him as he has been washing the wound but not over washing it if that makes sense? No 'lampshade' needed thankfully.
Kasper is gorgeous and sensible 😊. What’s happened to the pics of him which used to come up under your posts?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Photobucket put a massive logo over my old avatars and signatures. I have been slowly (they don't like to let me into the site to look at my own photos *grrrr*) trying to save any photos that I don't have saved elsewhere onto my laptop so that I can have them logo free. I'll have a look and see if I have managed to get the cat ones moved yet.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That little hole looks so innocuous, doesn't it? Fingers crossed the infection is gone and heckeeps his tail, the pretty boy.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The original bite wasn't much bigger. It just goes to show that as we know with horses, a small wound that looks like it should cause no trouble can actually be a terrible thing if it is deep. :(

Rosemary28

Visit site
I got home yesterday and they were both flat out on the kitchen floor - they were so hot they couldn't even get excited about food!

Shady

Visit site
Just caught up with Faracat and I have no idea how I missed it.
Don't beat yourself up. You've done a grand job with him and sometimes the weeniest bite or scratch can cause the worst problem. Sounds like Kasper just needed a stronger/ longer/ different sort of antibiotic. I'm sure he will be fine now. xxxx

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
So Kasper had another long acting antibiotic injection at the Vets this morning. The Vet is happy with how his wound has healed so things are OK so far but she wants to give him another injection in two weeks and to re X-ray in a month.