How to trot up a cat?

I also agree he's off.

My junior car has been off behind for some time: just a bit of a John Wayne walk intitally. Wouldn't move at the vets, but had a "pain" reaction to having two thumbs very firmly and suddenly pressed into her hips (I am not convinced it wasn't just surprise). X rays showed nothing. She can still climb fences but in the last few weeks is starting to get a bit clumsy in things like getting off my knee, but still nothing you can really capture on video or that will display at a vet.

I will be really interested to hear if you pinpoint anything with yours!
The fact that cats hide their issues so well at the vets, even if it's by refusing to move, makes it so hard for the vet to see the true picture.

I hope your cat is sound again soon. :)

Stepping short ,near fore?
I'm glad that other people think he's NQR. Cats move just that bit quicker than a horse and I do find it makes it a bit harder to identify when it's subtle.

If I'm feeling brave, I'll try to get another video in a few days to see if he's improved.

He hasn't got an injury to one of his claws has he?? What breed are they?
No, nothing is visibly wrong externally (other than the healing bite wound which is on his tail near his pelvis). I do wonder if it's a soft tissue issue?

Kasp is an Egyptian Mau and DB is an Ocicat.

Crazy_cat_lady

The thread title made me laugh a lot, sorry to hear hes a little unsound how old is he could it be a slight touch of arthritis/ a little stiffness?

Also sorry it probably shouldn't but the video is hilarious I like how the one you didn't need was lunging beautifully and the one you did need was the more reluctant!!

One of mine is on a diet and so trying to give her extra exercise, people who say you cant make horses do something they dont want to do will think they are easy compared to cats!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Chase after him with a worming tablet 🙈
The last time I tried to worm mine using the "pill method", it was a bit like that scene from the Exorcist when the Priest tries to administer Holy Communion to the Demon.

Seriously, hope your puss comes right soon; like equine lameness, there is pain somewhere and/or something going on - tis just a matter of finding it! If only they could talk.......

ester

Not slacking-multitasking
I'm glad that other people think he's NQR. Cats move just that bit quicker than a horse and I do find it makes it a bit harder to identify when it's subtle.

If I'm feeling brave, I'll try to get another video in a few days to see if he's improved.
yes yes please do, it right cheered me up :D

chaps89

If fat cat is another room and I open the cupboard door to his cupboard and just think of getting food out he seems to know and comes trotting straight through. How food reactive is Kaspar, would he likely do the same and could you be ready waiting to video?
They're both very beautiful though, I'm sorry they've been in the wars.

A quick update. :)

He looks much sounder now to me and the scab over his tail wound has fallen off and it looks to have healed perfectly so hopefully he's fully over this injury/injuries now.

No vid yet as the rain caught me out yesterday, but I'll try to get one soon and hopefully you'll all confirm that he looks sound now too. :D