HOYS today - shocked at 'professional's' behaviour

Frumpoon

Visit site
I'm bumping this thread,im think it needs to stay top of the first page of this forum for a good while yet? Is there any way a collective complaint to the FEI could be made?

claracanter

Visit site
I have just watched the video and am shocked at what he did.
Was it televised? I wonder how the TV commentators handled it.
If any of us saw that behaviour at a local show we would be appalled, let alone at HOYS in front of thousands of people, by a so called ambassador of the sport, Olympian and role model for kids.
He has to be reprimanded by the powers that be, surely.

JayCeeme

Visit site
His best owners were the Phillips who provided him with great horses and he rose from relative obscurity to becoming an Olympic Gold Medalist. When you treat owners like he treated that poor horse it is hardly surprising he finds himself slipping down the rankings as he is. I wonder if the American owner of Cella knows about this awful display of bad temper all her other horses appear to be broken. There doesn't appear to be a queue of new owners wanting to send him horses and this won't help him one bit I'm glad to say.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I'm bumping this thread,im think it needs to stay top of the first page of this forum for a good while yet? Is there any way a collective complaint to the FEI could be made?

Change.org? Titled 'For the FEI to Grow a Pair & Punish those Riders Responsible for Abuse of Horses During Competion'. Also a further petition titled 'Any Professional Rider Displaying the behaviour of a Three Year Old when Riding Competively Should be Publicly Flogged & Forcibly Dragged Backwards for the Entertainment of the Masses. Where do I sign?

Tiffany

Visit site
Not the first time he's taken it out on a horse and no doubt won't be the last unfortunately. No doubt he'll be thinking up some pathetic apology for the equine press

BBH

Visit site
Jane Clark owner of cella also owns aristo.

The sad thing is successful people often have bad behaviour overlooked. I cannot think for a minute there will be any repercussions for him as much as I think there should be.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
I can see why he was pissed off that the horse didn't at least make an attempt to go from there, but his reaction to its not going is completely out of order.

That was an absolutely disgraceful reaction to a refusal. We've all had one run out / flat refuse. You don't pull the poor sod over in punishment. A good sound smack on the ass usually does, not risking your horse's (actually not yours, your sponsor's) back..............

Lola43

Visit site
It seems one of his sponsors is Snowflake shavings. I use them but might have to find an alternative now for my children's dust allergic pony!

Ben Maher should be made an example of in the most public way possible in order to send a message to all those making a living from horses - in all disciplines and at all levels - that they are not merely a commodity and that abuse will not be tolerated.

pigsmight:)

Visit site
I feel that I have to post, I have seen the clip and agree that it probably isn't his finest moment, but is it acceptable to start a hate campaign against him? I felt uncomfortable reading this thred and comments made are personal and quite shocking. It never fails to supprise me how quickly people are prepared to venomously attack an individual on here.

Marydoll

Visit site
I feel that I have to post, I have seen the clip and agree that it probably isn't his finest moment, but is it acceptable to start a hate campaign against him? I felt uncomfortable reading this thred and comments made are personal and quite shocking. It never fails to supprise me how quickly people are prepared to venomously attack an individual on here.

I agree that there have been some awful personal comments that are out of order but that behaviour towards the horse needs addressed

cronkmooar

Visit site
Longer standing members might remember a thread on HHO years ago, which I think as removed even though the name of the perpetrator was not mentioned.

It involved a show jumper, the News of the World and a video ..............

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site

Absolutely right. His behaviour to the horse is shocking as well as stupid but personal attacks, comments on his appearance etc are unwarranted and do not reflect well on those people claiming to find his behavious disgusting.