Hunt Sabs exposed!

Herne

Visit site
Interesting occurrences on facebook today.

In one place, I see a message from an anti-hunting lady in wales, absolutely disgusted because the Hunt Saboteurs visited her local hunt today and deliberately lured hounds onto a busy A-road so that several of them were struck by a car. She knew at least one witness and the driver of the car and has repeated quite categorically that the sabs were definitely blowing their horns beside the road to lure the hounds onto it.

This is how Bristol Hunt Saboteurs reported the same event on their facebook page:

Out with the Curre and Llangibby Hunt today and what a day it was! … Soon enough we spotted the hounds … so sabs stepped into action with horn calls and had the entire pack at our feet within seconds … we repeatedly took them off the hunt and to our feet. …

Ok, so here we have them openly admitting that they know exactly what they are doing when they blow the horns and that they can lure the hounds exactly to where they want them to go.

However, when it comes to the road incident, suddenly they tell a rather different story

Later in the day we witnessed the hounds being hunted right next to a main road which
was shocking to watch. The riders looked ashamed to be a part of what was going on and we made sure no hounds went near the passing whizzing traffic. Another rider later told us he 'didn't agree with that at all'. … we sabbed the **** out of the Curre today.

It would appear that truthfulness is not one of their assets.

When the lady who commented on the first page disagreed with their version of events on their page, her comments were deleted and she was barred from their page. They are now deleting all questions about the incident.

So there we have it. Hunt saboteurs prepared to deliberately lure hounds onto a road, trying to cause a crash in the hope of getting the hunt bad PR. If people or hounds get injured in the process, well, that is a price that the sabs are apparently prepared to pay...

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
You're preaching to the choir really - we all know this sort of thing has been going on for years. Bullies cowards and thugs (the average sab) always resort to underhand tactics to control situations.
The worst one I can remember was near Gatwick when they called hounds across a busy railway line with horrific results. I expect they were quite proud of that one.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

The worst one I can remember was near Gatwick when they called hounds across a busy railway line with horrific results. I expect they were quite proud of that one.

And all in the name of animal welfare! I wonder if any hunt saboteur has any realistic concept of what 'welfare' actually means. One thing's for certain, their autocratic, apparently totalitarian and controlling stance benefits neither our Society, nor the wildlife which they would purport to protect (sic), one jot.

Alec.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
And all in the name of animal welfare! I wonder if any hunt saboteur has any realistic concept of what 'welfare' actually means. One thing's for certain, their autocratic, apparently totalitarian and controlling stance benefits neither our Society, nor the wildlife which they would purport to protect (sic), one jot.

Alec.
Thugs indeed: the only ones I came across tried to scare our racehorses [not hunters] out on exercise on a country road, and later in the day they abused an older lady so she fell off her safe horse and broke her arm. what has that got to do with animal welfare?
They should be imprisoned, though many are already on benefits [unemployed/unemployable] so they would cost society even more.

Last edited:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
It's never a good idea to take hounds near a busy A road. Happens quite a lot though.
I watched in disbelief one day in particular, as a local hunt cantered down the A6006 for a mile, with riders and hounds running all over both sides of the road. Traffic was grid locked and police attended.
Surely, your criticism should also be aimed at hunts who hunt near to and on, A roads.

MileAMinute

Visit site

Alec.

I don't understand this either. The irony would almost be laughable, if the situation wasn't so awful.

madmav

Visit site
They think they're urban guerrillas fighting a class war. Their ignorance is shocking. Of the few people that I know who hunt, two work night shifts as cleaners in order to pay for the horses. Hardly toffs.
And if you endanger a hound to make a point, you've lost any credibility as a pro animal welfare campaigner.

glamourpuss

Visit site
I tweeted about this incident & I've received some 'interesting' replies. Obviously it was the hunts fault for being next to the road - my query that surely this proves the hunt were hunting within the law as following a trail in a field next to a road would be considered safe unlike following an unpredictable Charlie hasn't been replied to....funny that.
I've now been told by antis that the hounds will be shot by the hunt for breaking from the pack. They've grown up in the countryside dontcha know they know what goes on. [sigh]
I've never before got involved in a debate about hunting with antis. Now I see why...the ones messaging me aren't coming across as the particularly intelligent :D (one is claiming all people who hunt are fat!) I'm happy with decisions I have made to hunt. I am also happy to debate the pros/cons of hunting. I also have no need to cover my face when I go hunting.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
What i find intrigueing about recent Boxing Day "reports" is the recurrent theme that Bpoxing Day is the day that the hunt get all "dressed up in their pomp and regalia" to prove try and prove that it is "civilised"....um no they dress like that for every hunt every hunting day of the year, to look smart and honour tradition
TBH the neverending reamarks/criticiisms solely angled at the hunting attire pretty much proves the true purpose of antis....animal welfare my arse

glamourpuss

Visit site
Lush (who last year raised £50,000 for hunt sabs) have been made aware of this situation & asked if they condone the actions & are happy that a campaign they support has behaved in this manner. Supposedly they are getting their ethics committee to look into it.
Mind you they'll just approach the sabs who will bend the truth.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Lush (who last year raised £50,000 for hunt sabs) have been made aware of this situation & asked if they condone the actions & are happy that a campaign they support has behaved in this manner. Supposedly they are getting their ethics committee to look into it.
Mind you they'll just approach the sabs who will bend the truth.

If you have a contact within Lush, perhaps you could either screen-shot this page, or refer them directly towards it. I suspect that a great many hunt saboteurs are in receipt of Government supplements of some sort, and I wonder what the reaction of the authorities would be were it known by them that those in receipt of dole payments are in reality being commercially subsidised when they're really supposed to be seeking gainful employment. It's a thought!

Alec.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I have been getting a fair amount of "opinions" from people I know after posting photos from hunting this season on facebook. Although nobody seemed to care much until boxing day... the sabs turned up at the children's meet last year and tried to scare the ponies by jumping out :( best way to save foxes is to try and hurt little kids you know !

Bloody idiots, the lot of them, always saying on facebook "we moved the hunt on" when in fact they ran a mile, hid behind a bush and they got told to get off the land by the police ;) I watched a few sab videos out of interest and all I can hear is over dramatic women talking like robots, coming out with numbers and strange (apparently ingenious) phrases to try and override the already completely p*ssed off police. The funny thing is that they very rarely mentioned the subject of the foxes and most of the time it was about the "rich, posh and stuck up" people on horses- in our fancy dress don't you know! Last time I checked I always wore breeches/jods and boots to ride, same as swimmers wear swimsuits, dancers wear dance clothes... and I certainly am not rich, posh or stuck up! Along with the majority of people I meet out hunting.

Oh well, no sense in making too many points. They do a fairly good job of making themselves look stupid without me highlighting it. I respect anyone standing up for their views, and of course people will have different opinions, but why do they have to run round like brainless, violent and overdramatic morons?

Luci07

Visit site
I respect antis views (have some friends who think this way) and we have learnt we are not going to change each other's stance. Ironically, one friend while she is very anti hunting, is equally supportive of bringing back capital punishment, while I, under no circumstance would want it back again!

Clodagh

Visit site
I always said if I stopped hunting I would become a sab, they do seem to have a fun day out, just like hunting but without the expense.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I find it intersting reading a local sab page on fb what ludicrous stuff they come out with...the classic "we kept the hunt on the move" or "we forced the master to canter across the field as he didn't like us on his tail"....um sure on foot you kept people on fit hunters on the move??? Perhaps they should try and run in the olympics. :D

They also seem to think we stand around all day ???

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I find it intersting reading a local sab page on fb what ludicrous stuff they come out with...the classic "we kept the hunt on the move" or "we forced the master to canter across the field as he didn't like us on his tail"....um sure on foot you kept people on fit hunters on the move??? Perhaps they should try and run in the olympics. :D

They also seem to think we stand around all day ???

I just found the sab page for the hunt I regularly go with, saying the same things- how they moved us on ... i wonder how they did that while being questioned by the police ;)

they are now saying how successful they are because today's meet was very small- well yes, it's the Tuesday following new years when people are back to work and school/college.. of course they are all over the moon with the fact the hunt is clearly going to die off now... they are an odd bunch of people those sabs. I do wonder if they lie awake at night thinking about hunting

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I just found the sab page for the hunt I regularly go with, saying the same things- how they moved us on ... i wonder how they did that while being questioned by the police ;)

they are now saying how successful they are because today's meet was very small- well yes, it's the Tuesday following new years when people are back to work and school/college.. of course they are all over the moon with the fact the hunt is clearly going to die off now... they are an odd bunch of people those sabs. I do wonder if they lie awake at night thinking about hunting

They are also successful when the hounds etc are packed up around 4-5....yep because we normally hunt till 10pm :D

ExmoorHunter

Visit site
They are also successful when the hounds etc are packed up around 4-5....yep because we normally hunt till 10pm :D

I always have a laugh at the comments about "brave sabs"! Cowardly terrorists more like! And the fact that they're always begging for money - if they were that keen you'd think they'd fund it themselves like we do our hunting.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I always have a laugh at the comments about "brave sabs"! Cowardly terrorists more like! And the fact that they're always begging for money - if they were that keen you'd think they'd fund it themselves like we do our hunting.

They ever beg for money to run the cars they use or steal vehicles to use...at the "Mass Sab" on the BV the police discovered that one of their main vehicles they were using had in fact been stolen

Doug

Visit site
Interesting occurrences on facebook today.

In one place, I see a message from an anti-hunting lady in wales, absolutely disgusted because the Hunt Saboteurs visited her local hunt today and deliberately lured hounds onto a busy A-road so that several of them were struck by a car. She knew at least one witness and the driver of the car and has repeated quite categorically that the sabs were definitely blowing their horns beside the road to lure the hounds onto it.

This is how Bristol Hunt Saboteurs reported the same event on their facebook page:

Ok, so here we have them openly admitting that they know exactly what they are doing when they blow the horns and that they can lure the hounds exactly to where they want them to go.

However, when it comes to the road incident, suddenly they tell a rather different story

It would appear that truthfulness is not one of their assets.

When the lady who commented on the first page disagreed with their version of events on their page, her comments were deleted and she was barred from their page. They are now deleting all questions about the incident.

So there we have it. Hunt saboteurs prepared to deliberately lure hounds onto a road, trying to cause a crash in the hope of getting the hunt bad PR. If people or hounds get injured in the process, well, that is a price that the sabs are apparently prepared to pay...

Is this the same event that they are referring to?
https://www.facebook.com/westmerciapolice/posts/10152946583728168

woodlandswow

Visit site
Bristol, southampton and south wales all out with our beagle pack yesterday and trying to call the hounds onto the main 'A' road

nefertari

New User
Visit site
If you believe all the drivel and untruths written about the hunt sabs by hunt supporters, then obviously you also believe there are fairies at the bottom of your garden. The hunts break the law on hunting and the sabs are trying to stop them doing that and trying to protect the innocent foxes who would be torn to pieces by the hounds. They are certainly not cowards - far from it. One criticism of the sabs is that they wear masks, but many of the hunt supporters are also doing it, as did some of the RAC beagle hunt at the weekend. Sabs care about the countryside and the wildlife of that countryside and are totally opposed to killing that wildlife for sport and other nefarious reasons. They would certainly not drive hounds onto a road and if you watched some of the videos you would realise that it is the complete opposite and the hunt was out of control of its hounds, and also if a trail had been laid the hounds would not be near a main road.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
If you believe all the drivel and untruths written about the hunt sabs by hunt supporters, then obviously you also believe there are fairies at the bottom of your garden. The hunts break the law on hunting and the sabs are trying to stop them doing that and trying to protect the innocent foxes who would be torn to pieces by the hounds. They are certainly not cowards - far from it. One criticism of the sabs is that they wear masks, but many of the hunt supporters are also doing it, as did some of the RAC beagle hunt at the weekend. Sabs care about the countryside and the wildlife of that countryside and are totally opposed to killing that wildlife for sport and other nefarious reasons. They would certainly not drive hounds onto a road and if you watched some of the videos you would realise that it is the complete opposite and the hunt was out of control of its hounds, and also if a trail had been laid the hounds would not be near a main road.

No faeries at the bottom of my garden

firstly not all hunts break the law the minority do, secondly hunts ver very rarely actually retaliate/write anything online about sabs who on the contray publish "Hit Reports"

When I meet a sab who cares about the countryside in a non-ignorant way that isn't clouded by there general hatred of people who are "posh scum".

Innocent foxes...my @rse

I am more than happy for people to have their own opinions I like hunting, some people don't, thats fine...but when they put me, my horse, innocent hounds, friends and generally people in harms way for what is quite frankly a pathetic cause, I refuse to respect their views or their "cause" .

Besides it was acyually a self-proffessed anti who flagged up that it was the sabs who called the hound son to the road.

Jenny Wrenny

Visit site

It's the sabs who specialize in talking drivel.

Same old story - poor innocent foxes, poor badgers, poor fluffy bunnies, poor animal loving sabs trying to save the countryside who all have to lug around those huge chips on their shoulders!

Sherston

Visit site

Nefertari - you are either very gullible or just an idiot. Not worthy of any other reply.