Hunting is in a spot of bother

Koweyka

Visit site
They chased and killed three foxes on this birthday bash and the response from “the master” states it’s been blown out of proportion, hardly taking it seriously....

Videos and letters sent to the HSA show that on Thursday 18th March the Quorn Hunt travelled over 15 miles from their kennels to the home of Senior Joint Master Joss Hanbury at Burley on the Hill Leicestershire to celebrate his 70th birthday. Sources say that Joss used hounds formerly from the Atherstone hunt to illegally chase and kill three foxes. The incident has been reported as a crime to Leicestershire Police (1).

913A32AD-2091-4C81-B11E-1CD091D0AE06.jpegD85D5993-CE2D-4E66-9468-AB0E4C4320EC.png

Kipper's Dick

Visit site
Do these people have no idea of the damage they are doing to the sport of legal trail-hunting? All hunts should be beyond reproach and whiter than white, no exceptions, no excuses, if they want their sport to continue. At this rate, Koweyka and his friends can hang up their balaclavas, ditch their placards and sell their long-range lenses on ebay. The hunting fraternity are doing a sterling job of cocking it up, all on their own.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
At this rate, Koweyka and his friends can hang up their balaclavas, ditch their placards and sell their long-range lenses on ebay. The hunting fraternity are doing a sterling job of cocking it up, all on their own.
Former HHOer and pro field sports and hunting stalwart Alec Swan used to opine that there was no need for antis, as hunting was doing a very good job of bringing about its own downfall.

Hunting has been excelling itself of late doing just that.

Koweyka

Visit site
Do these people have no idea of the damage they are doing to the sport of legal trail-hunting? All hunts should be beyond reproach and whiter than white, no exceptions, no excuses, if they want their sport to continue. At this rate, Koweyka and his friends can hang up their balaclavas, ditch their placards and sell their long-range lenses on ebay. The hunting fraternity are doing a sterling job of cocking it up, all on their own.

You forgot to mention drones, we could sell them too !
Hunting is doing our job for us, long may it continue.

palo1

Visit site
It’s concerning that people from the hierarchy of countryside alliance/MFHA and all local hunts (except presumably the Cottesmore who are local enough for it to be their country) all thought it was fine to go too.

There has been so very little support from anyone or any organisation in hunting wrt this 'event'. The prevailing response is one of fury and disgust. What is shown in the last bit of a letter posted is not what is being said or felt generally. The fact that the masters have been suspended is absolutely right and will not have been done without understanding that suspending the master of one of the most famous hunts and most famous masters will send a 'new' message to hunts; that this sort of bad behaviour won't be tolerated. That is at least welcome.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
At least for you it takes the attention away from the HSA supporting rioters in Bristol chucking fireworks at horses I guess...
I didn't know the HSA sent a contingency to the Bristol riots, where did you see that then? I must say, I've been keeping an eye on this story closely and this is the first I've heard of it. Happy to be corrected, as always.

palo1

Visit site
Provide the proof that the HSA support throwing fireworks at horses.
Here you go: It seeems perfectly clear that no actions of the protestors will be criticised. Mendip Hunt Sabs statement here: -

https://www.facebook.com/mendiphunt...dHSWfZnBOxBq3ctk8uYd9WPcLEFymEA&__tn__=<<,P-R
Mendip Hunt Sabs

March 22 at 8:08 PM ·

Kill the Bill!
Solidarity with protestors who were injured in the Kill the Bill demonstration in Bristol yesterday. We must continue to oppose this archaic bill which threatens all of our rights and freedoms and particularly threatens travellers, ramblers, hunt saboteurs, and protestors across the country. We stand in solidarity with all protestors who took action to make change.
Police care more about defending their own windows than the liberty of citizens they are supposed to protect. We should not divide protestors into “good” and “bad” and create a false hierarchy of tactics. Protest is inherently disruptive and under the new bill all forms of protest exercised yesterday are illegal. Anything considered mildly annoying would be illegal.
It was the police who escalated and introduced violence when they charged at and attacked the people in the streets with batons, dogs and horses. It was the police who attacked mourning women at a vigil for Sarah Everard in London. And a serving police officer who allegedly kidnapped and murdered her.
People are understandably angry at the police and their abuse of power. The government is desperate to crack down on protest at a time when it is needed more than ever. We must continue to resist the authoritarianism and #KillTheBill
We’ll post some links in the comments for more info, please do check them out to learn more about the bill and the events of yesterday.

=AZV278eQZM_F6TruP6LgSyXpK6X_9EfS54F1hvxR6XU1afF_q0flYRoUD5s4q09ImeRAM6z1OMPTRH6ByqMaDvy77MF9U62hi6X3J9JkWUcjfHvVt-ndugrtI_vpIj-dbxsPXUVS9-Mi2c6dHSWfZnBOxBq3ctk8uYd9WPcLEFymEA&__tn__=EH-R']

I think it is particularly pertinent that this post states ''We stand in solidarity with all protestors...We should not divide protestors into ''good'' and ''bad'' and create a false hierarcy of tactics...Protest is inherently disruptive...''

These are the words of the Mendip Hunt Sabs - not an interpretation of them.

palo1

Visit site
I didn't know the HSA sent a contingency to the Bristol riots, where did you see that then? I must say, I've been keeping an eye on this story closely and this is the first I've heard of it. Happy to be corrected, as always.

I didn't actually say that but you can see from the Mendip Hunt Sabs statement that they are quite happy to provide support for those rioters and they have in fact been directly involved in the riots. They are, and the HSA by implication, quite happy to see any tactic as legitimate with no protestors to be identified as 'good' or 'bad'. I didn't actually intend to derail this thread but if Hunting is in a spot of bother, the Hunt Sabs are too it seems clear.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I just re-read your post 1181, I initially read it as the HSA were there at the riot. Sorry about that, but yeah they sound like a delightful bunch don't they.

Kipper's Dick

Visit site
Won't you be needing those to keep a watch on the indiscriminate, unregulated and sometimes barbaric persecution of foxes by the shooting fraternity and others?
Or is your main aim just to get trail-hunting banned?

Koweyka

Visit site
Here you go: It seeems perfectly clear that no actions of the protestors will be criticised. Mendip Hunt Sabs statement here: -

https://www.facebook.com/mendiphunt...dHSWfZnBOxBq3ctk8uYd9WPcLEFymEA&__tn__=<<,P-R
Mendip Hunt Sabs

March 22 at 8:08 PM ·

Kill the Bill!
Solidarity with protestors who were injured in the Kill the Bill demonstration in Bristol yesterday. We must continue to oppose this archaic bill which threatens all of our rights and freedoms and particularly threatens travellers, ramblers, hunt saboteurs, and protestors across the country. We stand in solidarity with all protestors who took action to make change.
Police care more about defending their own windows than the liberty of citizens they are supposed to protect. We should not divide protestors into “good” and “bad” and create a false hierarchy of tactics. Protest is inherently disruptive and under the new bill all forms of protest exercised yesterday are illegal. Anything considered mildly annoying would be illegal.
It was the police who escalated and introduced violence when they charged at and attacked the people in the streets with batons, dogs and horses. It was the police who attacked mourning women at a vigil for Sarah Everard in London. And a serving police officer who allegedly kidnapped and murdered her.
People are understandably angry at the police and their abuse of power. The government is desperate to crack down on protest at a time when it is needed more than ever. We must continue to resist the authoritarianism and #KillTheBill
We’ll post some links in the comments for more info, please do check them out to learn more about the bill and the events of yesterday.

=AZV278eQZM_F6TruP6LgSyXpK6X_9EfS54F1hvxR6XU1afF_q0flYRoUD5s4q09ImeRAM6z1OMPTRH6ByqMaDvy77MF9U62hi6X3J9JkWUcjfHvVt-ndugrtI_vpIj-dbxsPXUVS9-Mi2c6dHSWfZnBOxBq3ctk8uYd9WPcLEFymEA&__tn__=EH-R']=AZV278eQZM_F6TruP6LgSyXpK6X_9EfS54F1hvxR6XU1afF_q0flYRoUD5s4q09ImeRAM6z1OMPTRH6ByqMaDvy77MF9U62hi6X3J9JkWUcjfHvVt-ndugrtI_vpIj-dbxsPXUVS9-Mi2c6dHSWfZnBOxBq3ctk8uYd9WPcLEFymEA&__tn__=EH-R']

I think it is particularly pertinent that this post states ''We stand in solidarity with all protestors...We should not divide protestors into ''good'' and ''bad'' and create a false hierarcy of tactics...Protest is inherently disruptive...''

These are the words of the Mendip Hunt Sabs - not an interpretation of them.[/QUOTE

Or you could read this and make up your own mind about what happened, no horses injured or dogs, but do what you do best and try deflect from this thread about hunting. The HSA would never condone hurting animals despite the crud the pro’s come out with.

http://afed.org.uk/what-actually-happened-in-bristol-and-how-a-narrative-is-built/

Koweyka

Visit site
Won't you be needing those to keep a watch on the indiscriminate, unregulated and sometimes barbaric persecution of foxes by the shooting fraternity and others?
Or is your main aim just to get trail-hunting banned?

We have thermal cameras for use at night.

I want trail hunting banned.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
The link wouldn't open, so I googled AFED.org.uk - I wouldn't believe anything that the Anarchists Federation publishes with respect to law and order! And I consider myself centre-left, politically speaking.

Koweyka

Visit site
Many other eyewitness accounts including from the press who were victims of police violence also support the same view, that it was peaceful up to the point the dogs were set upon the protestors.

No fireworks were thrown at horses.

Koweyka

Visit site
Just googled and seen some footage, absolutely unacceptable, it was good to see that the person who did it was tackled and stopped by the protestors.

palo1

Visit site
Personally I haven’t seen that footage, nobody certainly within the anti movement condones animals being targeted and if any anti’s/Sabs were there and saw it I am very sure they would stop it.

That sounds remarkably like something you would decry if coming from a trail hunter...

palo1

Visit site

Do you really think that the Anarchist's Federation is credible? Do you think many people would think that they are a credible reporting source? I know people in Bristol, even people who wanted to engage with a peaceful protest who would most certainly contradict your view of events. Personally I think it is pretty dire that Priti Patel never considered how to manage legitimate protest within a Covid situation and she has had almost a year to consider this possibility. But that doesn't give every thug and rabble rouser the licence to utterly disrupt an event. And chuck fireworks at animals...
ETA - glad to hear you think it is disgusting. Maybe some of the other sab/anti-hunt activities could do with your scrutiny too...

palo1

Visit site

The use of drones is hugely questionable and difficult in legal terms - likely to become more so too so you probably don't have much of a market for sab-soiled drones....

palo1

Visit site
It’s concerning that people from the hierarchy of countryside alliance/MFHA and all local hunts (except presumably the Cottesmore who are local enough for it to be their country) all thought it was fine to go too.

I think this is just a 'justification' for several people (not as many as suggested) being there. They may well have had something to do with these organisations but it seems likely that those roles will be removed very shortly. It seems more clear to me that truly, hunting people are enraged by the sheer stupidity, selfishness and arrogance of this happening. If it results in idiots being removed from their posts that is all to the good imo!!