Hunting is in a spot of bother

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Why did you reply to me on this, Palo? Especially since you said you don't want to discuss this with me any more and accused me of being disingenuous.

I have never denied that some hunts were hunting legally. Unfortunately none were within my travelling distance in spite of that area covering at least 3 hunts. That situation has now, apparently, changed with 2 of them and I can trust TP that is the case, when I certainly couldn't trust anyone who was in charge of any of the hunts.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Of those two packs local to us, ycbm, one to the best of my knowledge has tried to go legal for the last 3 seasons, inc the current one. The one closer to you has, I believe, had a more, err, disjointed and inconsistent path to going fully legal, though it made a promising start. It's off my immediate patch, though, so I am partly relaying what I've picked up on hearsay for that pack, rather than from first hand intelligence.

Caution is advised.

Koweyka

Visit site
Of those two packs local to us, ycbm, one to the best of my knowledge has tried to go legal for the last 3 seasons, inc the current one. The one closer to you has, I believe, had a more, err, disjointed and inconsistent path to going fully legal, though it made a promising start. It's off my immediate patch, though, so I am partly relaying what I've picked up on hearsay for that pack, rather than from first hand intelligence.

Caution is advised.

Caution is definitely advised, I have heard that’s at least two of the hunts near you have been reported to the police by members of the public for incidents involving foxes in the last week alone and the other hunt near you is a bit of a “shambles” and is being heavily watched again.

Palo I saw your deleted reply, it’s not a case of a huge swathe of hunts being left alone because they are hunting legally, it’s more because unfortunately we don’t have enough monitoring or sab groups to cover them all. When a hunt that is never usually watched gets a visit from anti’s 9 times out of 10 they panic and pack up immediately. So the hunts that are blatantly hunting illegally are the main focus.

As it stands now I know of one hunt that is going way above what you would expect to prove it’s trailing, but again that’s from outside pressure in the past, although I have heard of more hunts contacting local antis wanting to work together in this last week. At least some hunts are finally realising the game is now up.

Sandstone1

Visit site

This has been posted on the west mids hunt sabs facebook page. Now whatever you think about hunting for or against this can not be acceptable behaviour. I have no connection to anyone in the video by the way.

IF thats not stalking I dont know what is. I understand that it is edited, however the sabs were not at a meet and to be followed like that is really not on.
They were clearly following and harassing sabs, pretty sure some driving and using a phone rules also being broken. Bullying and stalking. I hope the police have seen this.

Last edited:

Koweyka

Visit site
I have come across him before, not the most pleasant “person” you want to meet, he was at a different hunt back then.

It’s outrageous behaviour, though it’s common after a hunt and we have learned never to drive home the same way and go around roundabouts twice etc One of my colleagues, before we took such measures opened her door to a severed fox tail on her doorstep. Pure intimidation tactics.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I have come across him before, not the most pleasant “person” you want to meet, he was at a different hunt back then.

It’s outrageous behaviour, though it’s common after a hunt and we have learned never to drive home the same way and go around roundabouts twice etc One of my colleagues, before we took such measures opened her door to a severed fox tail on her doorstep. Pure intimidation tactics.
I just think its disgusting behaviour. Its not even at a meet. Surely the Police should do something about it? Its stalking, dangerous driving and intimidation. I am shocked to be honest. They are clearly not the sharpest but even so they must know thats wrong.

Koweyka

Visit site
I just think its disgusting behaviour. Its not even at a meet. Surely the Police should do something about it? Its stalking, dangerous driving and intimidation. I am shocked to be honest. They are clearly not the sharpest but even so they must know thats wrong.

And the pro hunt make a big deal about Sabs and Monitors masking up and this is exactly why as I know she doesn’t.

I'm Dun

Visit site

This has been posted on the west mids hunt sabs facebook page. Now whatever you think about hunting for or against this can not be acceptable behaviour. I have no connection to anyone in the video by the way.

IF thats not stalking I dont know what is. I understand that it is edited, however the sabs were not at a meet and to be followed like that is really not on.
They were clearly following and harassing sabs, pretty sure some driving and using a phone rules also being broken. Bullying and stalking. I hope the police have seen this.

I'm sorry but this proves nothing. Its a heavily edited video from a biased source.

Fred66

Visit site

I personally wouldn’t take this action as it is pointless, however from what I saw (couldn get your one to play so had to go to what I think was the original also fast forwarded through some of it) then there appears to be little difference between their actions and those of hunt sabs week in and week out. Neither are right.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I personally wouldn’t take this action as it is pointless, however from what I saw (couldn get your one to play so had to go to what I think was the original also fast forwarded through some of it) then there appears to be little difference between their actions and those of hunt sabs week in and week out. Neither are right.
I am pretty sure that sabs dont follow hunters while they go shopping or fill up with petrol etc. They follow them while they are hunting I agree but that is to monitor whats going on and often to stop a illegal activity which we all know goes on. To actually follow them like this is really not on. Gives a really bad impression of hunting when they really need to be whiter than white if they want to continue.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I am pretty sure that sabs dont follow hunters while they go shopping or fill up with petrol etc. They follow them while they are hunting I agree but that is to monitor whats going on and often to stop a illegal activity which we all know goes on. To actually follow them like this is really not on. Gives a really bad impression of hunting when they really need to be whiter than white if they want to continue.
I'm not a fan of hunting, but sabs do follow hunters outside of hunts. Further down the page from where that video is from, is them showing a business that a former hunt staff runs and how they should all get it shut down.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I just think its bullying and intimidation not to mention dangerous. They are tailgaiting and clearly following the sabs. Possibly following them home. How would you like someone following you home? Whatever you think about sabs and I have no doubt there are faults on both sides this can not be right. Its no good saying what about this and what about that... Two wrongs dont make a right. If I did that to someone I would get arrested!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Sorry to pull this thread up again!
Some of the local hunt have just not long come through our property. They do not have permission to come into our land to “lay trails”, as we have horses and sheep. We have never given them permission to use our land pre/post ban for any activity.
They cut the two top wires of our boundary fence and rode through our fields of sheep and ponies and then down our driveway and out to the road… My father asked them how they got in and if they damaged any fences, to which they replied “they jumped over the fence and any damages will be rectified”. The fences were absolutely cut.
What would people do in this situation?
It is clear that they were not following a trail. This group have a reputation as it is anyway.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Report them to the police, take photos of the damage and if you can get photos of the hunt on your land.

I hope the ponies and sheep are ok ?
Thank you. The ponies in those fields are my geriatric little ones, so stayed away from the drama and seem fine. The sheep were a little upset. It’s breeding season so I hope that isn’t effected. They laughed as they were trotting up the driveway after speaking to my dad! The cheek

I'm Dun

Visit site
Some of the local hunt have just not long come through our property. They do not have permission to come into our land to “lay trails”, as we have horses and sheep. We have never given them permission to use our land pre/post ban for any activity.
They cut the two top wires of our boundary fence and rode through our fields of sheep and ponies and then down our driveway and out to the road… My father asked them how they got in and if they damaged any fences, to which they replied “they jumped over the fence and any damages will be rectified”. The fences were absolutely cut.
It is clear that they were not following a trail. This group have a reputation as it is anyway.

I'd report them too. Its not on to do that. If I was a hunt hunting legally I would be absolutely raging at the way some of these hunts behave. I'm from a hunting family and its sad that we've lost the right to hunt legally, but we have and therefore EVERY hunt needs to hunt within the law or be heavily penalised. Whether thats in a criminal court, or ideally by their own governing body. If they dont do something very quickly there wont be any hunting legal or not.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I'd report them too. Its not on to do that. If I was a hunt hunting legally I would be absolutely raging at the way some of these hunts behave. I'm from a hunting family and its sad that we've lost the right to hunt legally, but we have and therefore EVERY hunt needs to hunt within the law or be heavily penalised. Whether thats in a criminal court, or ideally by their own governing body. If they dont do something very quickly there wont be any hunting legal or not.
Thank you. I agree. It’s such a kick in the teeth for those who genuinely do follow the rules.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Rosietaz, I'm sorry but not surprised to hear what's just happened to you today. It's far too common. How ruddy dare they cut your fences and brazenly trespass on your land without permission. I hope that your animals suffer no ill effects. Do report it to the police and get a crime number.

If hunting had any sort of effective governing body then any hunt that behaved so badly would be dealt with very firmly in house and if necessary, disbanded. But as we all know, there is no such thing as an effective governing body for hunting and the norty hunts behave with impunity.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Rosietaz, I'm sorry but not surprised to hear what's just happened to you today. It's far too common. How ruddy dare they cut your fences and brazenly trespass on your land without permission. I hope that your animals suffer no ill effects. Do report it to the police and get a crime number.

If hunting had any sort of effective governing body then any hunt that behaved so badly would be dealt with very firmly in house and if necessary, disbanded. But as we all know, there is no such thing as an effective governing body for hunting and the norty hunts behave with impunity.
Thank you. Yes I wasn’t sure who to report it to - whether it would be a police matter or some other governing body but as you say, there isn’t one! They came back just now and have fixed the fence. My big horses in the neighbouring field were going mad at the sound of the quad bike and the strange lights in the dusk!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Name and shame Rosietaz!

and cutting your wire is surely criminal damage. Report to the police.

put up v strongly worded notices to stop them next time.

given the public feeling being overwhelmingly against them this is just stupidity of the highest order.
People won’t be shocked to hear that it was Kimblewick

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Cutting your fences is a criminal offence called criminal damage. I would report them to the police and get a crime number and at the very least they should get a talking to by the police even if they have mended them now.

I would also take pictures of the fence mends and the footprints in your fields and go to the papers with this, either local or the Daily Mail.

I would also be tempted to write to the hunt and point out that you are entitled to shoot loose dogs on your land near your livestock and will not hesitate to do so if they trespass on your land again.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
People won’t be shocked to hear that it was Kimblewick

As well as the police, a very strongly worded letter of complaint to the Hunts Master and MFHA. All followed up with a letter from your solicitor. Also warn them that if any sheep abort the hunt will be responsible for costs. Same for any veterinary costs associated with any damage to you horses.

SEL

Visit site
You must be very local to me. Was this today? Hounds in my top field

The previous owner of my land had problems with them cutting fences too