Hunting is in a spot of bother

Sandstone1

Visit site
You are so blind... Ok one more time. If trail hunting why oh why do they frequently end up along side or on main roads??? If trail hunting why are the so often hunting foxes??? why do they end up on land they have been asked not to go on??? Why do they upset livestock and other horses??? why have they killed pets???? why do they end up on railway lines???? Can you please answer this without quoting reports at me? If legal trail hunting why are they not laying and following a trail? I can tell you why. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TRAIL HUNTING. If you think they are you must be incredibly lucky that your hunt does it legally or you have not actually been hunting recently or you are deluded. I t has to be one of them.
Palo1 please see the questions here. Any chance that you could answer them?

Fred66

Visit site
Ok, how would you feel if I said something like this.. When walking my dogs I mostly stick to footpaths and rarely let them chase sheep! How would that go down I wonder!
If your dogs were on your land or a friends land by invitation and strayed and you recalled them then I would suggest you apologized, made restitution and tried to ensure it didn’t happen again.

If you made the statement in your post then I would suggest you are being irresponsible and that you would leave yourself open to prosecution and your dog to being shot.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I think that reads more as a sab style rant than any real genuine question![/QUOTE
Well as I was not asking you I wouldnt worry about it, If its supposed to be a insult you are wide of the mark and as I have put question marks that does normally mean its a question and I have asked Palo1 to answer them with no luck. Guess that means she/he does not know the answer then!

Fred66

Visit site
Do you hunt with the Wynnstay, if you hunt Malpas?

I'm reliably, (I think), informed that the Wynnstay don't even try to hide that they are hunting fox. So if you hunt with them does that mean you know that you are fox hunting?
Reliably informed by whom ?

Koweyka

Visit site
My breath is truly taken...you have asked me, who is invariably polite and respectful in this discussion, not to be 'derogatory'!!?? After some of the insults you have hurled previously! I have nowhere suggested anything other than making someone a land agent to help deal with the hunt indicates that the landowner doesn't want the hunt; you are totally misrepresenting what I wrote.
No you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole of your own making. You said it tells you nothing other than the landowner supports a group of Sabs.

Sandstone1

Visit site
If your dogs were on your land or a friends land by invitation and strayed and you recalled them then I would suggest you apologized, made restitution and tried to ensure it didn’t happen again.

If you made the statement in your post then I would suggest you are being irresponsible and that you would leave yourself open to prosecution and your dog to being shot.[/QUOTE
:) Hilarious

Koweyka

Visit site
The Warwickshire hunt have killed yet another fox today, terrierman dragged the body off, but don’t let your trail hunt procrastinating get in the way of the truth that foxes are dying horrifically because trail hunting is a lie.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Hmm, Police had to confront an angry protestor for sure and other accounts identify that protestors initiated the brawl.

''Hunt saboteurs sparked a mass brawl with hunting supporters today as a traditional festive meet turned into a terrifying fight.

One of the activists punched one of the countrymen in the face as he tried to guide them away from the horses and hounds at the Avon Vale Hunt's Boxing Day ride.

The pro-hunter defended himself as others tried to round on him, with one demonstrator trying to choke him from behind during the vicious attack in Lacock, near Chippenham, in Wiltshire.''

The Tedworth had a great turnout with hounds kept behind barriers so no idea what your statement is about. Most hunts seem to have had a very positive reception and some of the national press is taking that up and reporting on it. There were thousands in Ledbury and other places too though the Welsh hunts met with no spectators because of Covid regs. Everyone I have spoken to across a number of hunts say there were very, very few antis protesting and happy faces and support on show (other than in Lacock where things were ugly thanks to protestors refusing to allow safe passage for the hunt).

As the meeting in Lacock was entirely legal and planned for anyone disrupting that physically may be charged. The police were certainly frustrated with the attitudes and actions of protestors.
You're just quoting what someone has written and chosen to accept it as a fact. Well good for you. Never mind any of us who are local and/or were there.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well they are not if we are talking about killing wildlife and being where they are not wanted. You know that too but it is inconvenient for you, a cat owner, to take that on.

The one thing that keeps on bringing me back to thinking that you secretly support/admire illegal fox hunting, is your constant whataboutery about other animals.

Cats are subject to completely different laws than dogs, which recognise the huge differences between training and controlling cats and training and controlling dogs. You know this.

Cats are not set off in a pack, by humans, to hunt other animals, largely for the fun of the humans. You know this.

Cats are irrelevant to any discussion of human organised hunting. You know this.

Sandstone1

Visit site
The Warwickshire hunt have killed yet another fox today, terrierman dragged the body off, but don’t let your trail hunt procrastinating get in the way of the truth that foxes are dying horrifically because trail hunting is a lie.
Sadly, that is not uncommon for the warwickshire, but hey they are trail hunting dont you know..

Ceriann

Visit site
I am fully aware fox hunting with a pack of hounds is against the law, I am not aware that I have disputed this.

The hunt I follow spends a lot of time walking the country to ensure that trails laid are on land we have access to and rarely go on land they are not welcome on.

However they certainly don’t deliberately trespass, they don’t refuse to leave when asked, they don’t go out dressed in black with faces obscured, and they don’t threaten the owners or their guests.

The level of threat and violence is escalating and personally I think this is unacceptable.
You are a lot more law abiding and respectful than one local hunt. They are known to hunt, more than one hunting related prosecution amongst the hierarchy, they have regularly trespassed on land that borders mine (they were pre cv-19 using the police to enforce) and they have lost control of their pack on more than one occasion. The villagers I speak to are generally not supportive of this and would be quite happy to see it end.

Fred66

Visit site
More denial is not going to save your sport Fred. Can't you see that it's bringing about its own demise by failing to call out the illegal hunting?
We have called it out but you and others continue to tar everyone with the same brush. Seeing as this is by people who support others going out to intimidate and threaten people on a regular basis then personally I think we are not the ones in denial.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
We have called it out but you and others continue to tar everyone with the same brush. Seeing as this is by people who support others going out to intimidate and threaten people on a regular basis then personally I think we are not the ones in denial.

Posting on this forum that you accept that it happens is not calling it out. What have you or your local hunt done to stop illegal hunting? Is the Master still a member of the organisation which ran the podcasts and still insist they were taken out of context?

Fred66

Visit site
So its ok for a hunt to "rarely" stray on to land they are not wanted on and presumably disturb livestock is it not ok for my dogs to "rarely" chase sheep?
Is that not how it works? Both would be out of control dogs would they not?
I didn’t say that it was ok to worry stock, I never mentioned straying into areas with stock.