Hunting video

Fools Motto

Visit site
This came up on my FB page.
Worthy of a share! I find it very good, and very accurate to what a day in the saddle has been for me. The horse he is riding, behaves like mine does too, so it is much better to up front and going! AND, I rarely see the hounds!
Anyone here out that day?

BTW, I'm far from a regular hunter (last went out about 4 years ago) and this is not my local hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5nGeBcpyQ

Spiritedly

Visit site
Interesting video and good to see little children out having fun too :) But was I the only one watching whose heart was in their mouth at the idea of cantering/ galloping along roads with cars heading towards you? :eek:

nix123

Visit site
I must admit i go hunting but i dont think i would like to canter on the roads, let alone for that length of time. The cars wouldn't bother me or my horse its just the impact damage on their legs i'd be worried about.

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
I was at that meet on foot, had a lovely day out following, winter sunshine all day! Remember spotting William F-P and it confusing me! Actually, come to think of it, I remember spotting someone with a camera on his head! Will have to watch the whole of the video later when I have time!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Agree with copperpot - I hunt regularly and would much rather have a controlled canter on the road that a hammering trot. Wonderful video, now itching for Saturday :)

ameeyal

Visit site
Wow I was gripped watching that, you must need a sane horse for hunting, one of mine is a section b, he would have over taken everyone, and I wouldn't have been seen again.

legaldancer

Visit site
Great video, but it reminded me if why I don't go anymore! (Big wimp!)

We used to canter on the road if necessary, but for shorter distances than on there, but there wasn't a verge on that stretch that I could see. Imagine if you slipped :-O

My last statement says it all about my current state of mind!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Lovely video, but didn't like the cantering on the road and wanted to plait his horse up! Also didn't like how they all just cantered past right next to the man struggling to catch a loose horse and turn it round!

Mahoganybay

Visit site
Bloody hell, fab video, but cantering on the road (slippy tarmac as well) into oncoming traffic, yikes!!

It is something i would love to do, but i just don't have the guts unfortunately, have the perfect hunter, steady, leg in each corner, fantastic jumper too, but just no balls.....

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
You just have to have lots of stirrup cup Mahogany Bay!

My "jump anything, get you out of trouble, leg at each corner" horse is too brave and would be going mental in those queues for fences!