I am fuming!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Thanks everyone, yes I'm going to have a chat with her. Ive banned the dog....again! she is that type that just does what she likes anyway so i should have known better!

I would be getting rid of her as a livery tbh, I can't stand people completely ignoring ground rules when they are on your property.

I know people have said she was brave to come and tell you what had happened, but that is absolutely bottom line what I would have expected anyone to have done anyway, out of respect.

armchair_rider

Visit site
I would be getting rid of her as a livery tbh, I can't stand people completely ignoring ground rules when they are on your property.

I know people have said she was brave to come and tell you what had happened, but that is absolutely bottom line what I would have expected anyone to have done anyway, out of respect.

I agree with this. I'd also ban liveries from having their dogs on the premises at all.

Loulou2002

Visit site
I've sent her a message, when i see her again I'm going to tell her that the next incident and shes gone, few weeks ago it was getting all the horses in and leaving my old mare out till last hooning round like a idiot.......specifically said get her in first! (we have a rota system for bringing in in winter) Made it worse for herself because she then couldn't hold her and got dragged all over the place!

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
The one thats left was the youngest one and we have only had her about 4 months and the other two I'd had for 3 years........they were so tame and very spoilt! I've rung a local rescue and they have some there but i cant get there till Friday.

RIP to your older piggies. :(

Good luck with finding a new friend or two for your remaining little one. Good rescues will do 'dating' services where you can either bring your piggy to them or their pigs can visit your home, to see how they click with your current one. Introducing on neutral ground is best (i.e. immediately after cleaning out their cage). Hopefully she'll get on with one or more so that you can give some a lovely home and something good at least comes out of this idiot woman's actions.

Loulou2002

Visit site
RIP to your older piggies. :(

Good luck with finding a new friend or two for your remaining little one. Good rescues will do 'dating' services where you can either bring your piggy to them or their pigs can visit your home, to see how they click with your current one. Introducing on neutral ground is best (i.e. immediately after cleaning out their cage). Hopefully she'll get on with one or more so that you can give some a lovely home and something good at least comes out of this idiot woman's actions.

Thank you

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Sorry about the piggies:( I have one I put in a run outside but its got a lid and dog proof as I also have a jrt and although she is very good with the pig I wouldnt trust her alone with him, I would be fuming too and if the dog had the time to get hold of them how long must the dog have been alone off the lead to do so, I keep my horses at home and if I ever had liveries I would not allow dogs on the yard, I would tell her no more bringing the dog.

FireFly29

Visit site
I'm sorry about your guinea pigs :-(
Unfortunately I've been on a yard where this has happened before a couple of times with chickens and ducks. Another friend of mine runs a b and b and they've had walkers dogs run into their farmyard and kill their ducks.
I've not read all the replies but like others have said maybe its best just to ban dogs altogether if people can't be trusted to have control of their animals :-(

Archangel

Visit site
I'm afraid I wouldn't be giving her another chance. She knew the dog was not meant to be at the yard AND she let it run about unsupervised - long enough to dig into a run.

I would be so upset, I love guinea pigs. I had two just dumped in one of my stables. I ketp them of course - dear little things.

ridefast

Visit site
It sounds like this isn't the first time she's done the opposite of what you've told her, and you've said you have a waiting list so I think you should perhaps say having reviewed the situation you feel you have no option but to give her notice to leave

PercyMum

Visit site
It sounds like this isn't the first time she's done the opposite of what you've told her, and you've said you have a waiting list so I think you should perhaps say having reviewed the situation you feel you have no option but to give her notice to leave

This. She disregarded your rules, not just about the dog. How do you know she isn't doing something dangerous that could endanger other animals or people? Yes, she apologised, and yes, accidents happen but this was blatant disregard and shows she has little respect for you, your rules or your property. I would be getting rid asap, especially if you have a waiting list.

I am so sorry for your loss - I hope your remaining piggie is ok and meets some lovely new friends soon.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I would be devastated in your shoes :( Really sorry for you and the piggies.
As this isn't the first time this woman has ignored your rules I'm afraid she would have to go. She clearly cannot be trusted and this is going to leave you on edge, not to mention the impression it gives the other liveries xx

Loulou2002

Visit site
The other liveries have never been a problem, we are only a small set up. I have two more coming Sunday. Ive made it clear to her i don't want the dog there at all..........including when I'm at work!

wallykissmas

Visit site
Poor piggies, how did the dog get into the run and where was she when this was happening.

It's hard to know what else she does as your not there, one of the pitfalls of having liveries but not sure if I would trust her if she can't seem to follow simple requests of bringing in certain horses first and not letting the dog off the lead.

Could the dog have ran from the field which she could let it off in and got to the pigs before she could catch up ? But at least she came and told you to your face.

Loulou2002

Visit site
Apparently they took the dog over the back and on the way back it ran ahead to the yard, her OH chased it but was too late.........Find this hard to believe as we only have 13 acres not 113!

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh no that is awful! No wonder you are fuming. Poor guineas. Like others I would absolutely give her notice. Terrible behaviour and she jolly well doesn't deserve another chance - total negligence on her part not a simple accident that could happen to anyone. I am fuming and I don't even know you! X

AmiRobertson

Visit site
But you said in your first post you told her she could take it up the back fields if on the lead. She has openly admitted she had it off the lead despite you telling her not too!!!!! I am another that she would be gone. Small yards don't need people like this. I am on a small yard and we respect the YO and her rules because it's not a business for her. But we also respect each other.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
But you said in your first post you told her she could take it up the back fields if on the lead. She has openly admitted she had it off the lead despite you telling her not too!!!!! I am another that she would be gone. Small yards don't need people like this. I am on a small yard and we respect the YO and her rules because it's not a business for her. But we also respect each other.

missed the bit about its not allowed of lead. definitely give notice she obviously does not respect rules

Loulou2002

Visit site
missed the bit about its not allowed of lead. definitely give notice she obviously does not respect rules

I have told her the dog is banned totally, made it clear that I'm really upset she didn't listen to a word I said before! Honestly this is the last incident, her horse is up for Loan so it might be going anyway

missk

Visit site
I dont think piggy should live on his own but would you trust this woman to not bring her dog onto the yard again? She has ignored your requests so far and look what happened. It would be a shame if you got another piggy for it to face the same outcome.

cambrica

Visit site
She would be out if it were me, no hesitation. I would have gone off my head with rage she would have wanted to leave :mad: How can you trust her again if she has done exactly what you asked her not to do?
They are such adorable little things - Poor guineas :(

quirky

Visit site
You need to have people you can trust to adhere to your rules regardless of whether you are present or not.
She obviously can't be trusted. I would get rid, I would find that pretty unforgivable.
RIP piggies :(

fatpiggy

Visit site
Poor little pigs. I had one when I was about 4 and my sister had a rabbit. One day a dog broke into the hutch and killed them. 45 years later I can still remember my mum crying and crying when she had to tell us that they were dead. I'm afraid I'm a great believer in no dogs on yards, end of. It isn't a creche and even a well behaved one can change in the company of others - they are pack animals after all.

Antw23uk

Visit site
If the dog cant do a basic command like recall it shouldn't be off the lead in the first place. She has form, she cant train a dog and she cant respect your rules and you have lost a couple of pets! No question, she would be out.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I'm with the giving her notice I'm afraid. The rules have been broken and the fact your pets have been killed shows why rules are there in the first place.

Total ban on dogs full-stop now....

I'm sorry about your piggies :(

Clodagh

Visit site
I would kick her off, ignorant little cow by the sounds of things.
I would be worried though that a fox could get them if a dog could (not in the least condoning what it did, BTW). How did it get in? Mind you, if you have had the two for 4 years maybe a fox couldn't. I am sorry.
Where abouts in Essex are you? I have to ask as the yard I work at had a horse there two years ago whos owner had a springer and used to bring it up the yard if YO wan't there and let it chase the old yard cat and all sorts.

Marydoll

Visit site
Thanks everyone, yes I'm going to have a chat with her. Ive banned the dog....again! she is that type that just does what she likes anyway so i should have known better!

Im so sorry, poor wee beasties, but tbh if she has an attitude like this ^^ and has blatantly disregarded your specific instructions i wouldnt be able to trust her and she would have to go, it was guinea pigs this time, it might be horses next time if she decides to ignore specific instructions to keep others safe. I would also make it clear to everyone else dogs are not allowed on the yard .