I am just interested and don't want a heated debate :---

You are on Horse and Hound Forum, do you agree with hunting with hounds pre ban

• Total voters

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Was wondering if people on this forum are for hunting , against hunting or indifferent?
As i say not interested in a debate, I am just intrigued, a yes, no type response will do! XX

Persephone

Visit site
If the question should read DID you agree with hunting with hounds pre ban, my answer would be no.

Post ban I am coming more around to it as I now know a lot more about it ;)

Shutterbug

Visit site
If the question should read DID you agree with hunting with hounds pre ban, my answer would be no.

Post ban I am coming more around to it as I now know a lot more about it ;)

I was against pre ban. Post ban I have gone out hunting and enjoyed it but its not something I would rush out to do again to be honest - my horse found it far too exciting for my liking lol

Ibblebibble

Visit site
support it, only reason i don't go is i am far too much of a wuss:eek: and my big girl gets a bit strong in company, i would be an embarressment to my friends:eek:

Kat

Visit site
I answered yes, but I have never hunted.

I am not an anti and would defend anyone's right to hunt. I am generally anti government interference in personal life and think that banning stuff is a bad approach to take. I also think that the ban was ill conceived, poorly drafted legislation and brought about for the wrong reasons.

Kokopelli

Visit site
Totally support hunting, not sure I'd enjoy it on my current horse as to begin with it would be a constant battle but would happily do it on a suitable horse. :)

fburton

Visit site
I have thought about this issue a lot and have researched various aspects, notably the ecological. There are arguments for and against hunting. Much of hunting is largely unnecessary, the exception arguably being 'rogue' foxes and possibly in specific geographical areas. On the other hand, it provides employment, social contact and fun for people from a range of backgrounds. I wouldn't do it myself, but am opposed to banning activities without good reason.

So which option do I 'vote' for?

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
I have thought about this issue a lot and have researched various aspects, notably the ecological. There are arguments for and against hunting. Much of hunting is largely unnecessary, the exception arguably being 'rogue' foxes and possibly in specific geographical areas. On the other hand, it provides employment, social contact and fun for people from a range of backgrounds. I wouldn't do it myself, but am opposed to banning activities without good reason.

So which option do I 'vote' for?
you come into the same catagory as me! I do hunt.. but sometimes i get really aggrevated by things that happen...... such as followers blocking the roads and plonking themselves there regardless to some poor civilian trying to pass the country lanes,.... but like i said don't really want to go down the line of debating the pros and cons, shame i wasn't allowed a 5th option... neither for nor against lol

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
I actually think theres a 6th option too:-

I don't agree with hunting, but love drashing around the countryside, I pretend no fox is involved and am a hypocrite lol

ThePony

Visit site
Have voted support, but I don't agree with sending terriers down and blocking off escape holes. If the fox is fast enough to run away from the hounds and go to ground then to my mind it has won, and a new quarry should be found. Unfortunatly some hunt followers (and staff ocassionally) do give themselves a bad name by acting in an 'I own the world' way with rather alot of attitude and not the respect for landowners wishes, and other land users, that they should have. Without the landowners permission then there would simply be no hunting!

lazybee

Visit site
Have voted support, but I don't agree with sending terriers down and blocking off escape holes. If the fox is fast enough to run away from the hounds and go to ground then to my mind it has won, and a new quarry should be found. Unfortunatly some hunt followers (and staff ocassionally) do give themselves a bad name by acting in an 'I own the world' way with rather alot of attitude and not the respect for landowners wishes, and other land users, that they should have. Without the landowners permission then there would simply be no hunting!

Exactly this ^^^^Thanks for saving my fingers and typing it for me.:D:D And I have fox terriers.

ladyt25

Visit site

I too agree with this statement.

I have never actually understood why anyone gets pleasure from going out purposefully to kill any other animal (it's just not in me to do this) but yet I understand the tradition and reasons behind hunting and get that it can help improve the general health of foxes as theoretically it was the sick and old that would be caught BUT the hunts have not helped their cause by getting caught sending terriers down holes or indeed digging out a fox that has gone to ground. That in my opinion is unfair and is just bloodthirsty and is why I can see why there are so many anti hunt people about when those scenes have been captured on video and showed in their gruesome entirety.

Trish C

Visit site
Not opposed, but wouldn't go out myself. Just last night watched the hunt DVDs from the local hunt... aside from any aspects of welfare of the hunted animal, I saw a horse get a hind leg stuck on a pallet fence, one get a fore stuck in a gate, one get shredded by wire and one fall on the road. I know those things can happen anyways off the hunt field, but for me, personally, I wouldn't do it. Don't have a problem in the world with anyone else doing it though!

Marydoll

Visit site

Agree, with this.
Having seen what a fox can do to a hen house and other animals, i have no issue with hunting in general, but do have issues with certain aspects of it.
Have only did drag hunting as there was no others around me and really enjoyed it.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Against, which is quite strange for someone who hunted from the age of 6 starting back in the 60's until mid 90's.
Despite being anti I do not think it should be legislated against. That should be left to individual choice.

Gwennies

Visit site
never had the opportunity to go hunting, pre or post ban: not hunting country up here. :( always dreamt of going hunting though, and did countless speaches, debates and essays on the ridiculous ban in school and university...! :)

Against it pre ban. Not sure now. We are overrun with rabbits here and so I welcome the nightly visit of our local foxes. Having said that, I would really like to have some free range chickens and the foxes prevent me from being able to do this, though hunting doesn't really make a difference to that, as they are regularly shot around here and we still have plenty. :)