I am Prince

Visit site
Disappearing ribs!

oidqfr.jpg

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Wow! What a difference! With proper care you might have to watch for him getting too fat come next spring, well done you he looks amazing :)

Is he still as defensive around food?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Really good Jessi you would not even look at him now in a group and think OMG that horse does not look well, winter should not be a problem.

Visit site
Is he still as defensive around food?

Yeah he is.

Its amazing how he's going. Everytime i weight tape him its coming up 435kg. Its probably not accurate but no matter where i put that tape its always over 430kg.
I'm so happy for him, his previous owner hasn't commented on his improvement. But i dont expect him to. When he handed me the passport he told me that Prince was sick and no amount of care would get him well again, i'd be better off putting him down. He then dared to tell me that 'i knew about it as my pony had got to sick and need to die'.
My pony had actually got a type of bowel cancer and after a year of every type of treatment me and the vet could think of, the decision was made to stop putting him through treatment that wasnt working.
I was so close to slapping him silly! How dare he compare his starved and neglected horse to a pony that knew nothing but love and care for all of his 22 years!

TrasaM

Visit site
Just in and saw you'd done an update and felt all excited. And wow! How great he looks! I hope his ex owner keeps well away from horses from now on. Well done you and Prince. X

babymare

Visit site
I will say it time and time again to you and love saying it each time- you have truelly done amazing with him. your dedication care and obvious love on him never to have given up. just amazing x x

Ceriann

Visit site
Just read this whole thread and am atounded at the diffrence between Prncen the first pic and the pic today. Its lovely to see the improvement and he looks brighter and happier. He is a very lucky boy and you sould be very proud.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
He is looking much better. Well done.

Amymay how is your friend doing with the ex racer that was very poor?

Mixed. Mare is 100% better on herself. But not really picking up. All sorts of tests being run. But not sure she's long for this world sadly.....

Caballito

Visit site
He looks really great, such an improvement and a testament to your hard work and love. I take my hat off to you, the world needs more Jessies :)

Visit site
This evening a paraglider visited the yard

At the time i was removing an escapee shetland from my field and back into his. The noise, sails and takeoff were so sudden the shetty kicked me in the stomach, then as i went down he bolted in front of me, then behind and then clambered over my body, stamping on my head twice before running off. Now, i shouldn't have been leading without a hat, but lets face it, on your own private yard, you dont expect there to be a engine powered paraglider less than 75 meters away! Cue all horses going crazy, blind panic and chaos!

The 'pilot' decided to take off directly across the field towards me and the horses and the housing estate rather than up it longways towards the countryside. After missing the powerlines by inches on the take off, he decided to circle the fields and surrounding roads so low a double decker bus would have taken him out. He left for an hour (while i checked myself for brain damage) then returned at a more reasonable height, Prince didn't like it.

http://youtu.be/2x_mxeqUJDE

Whats on Prince face you ask?
Well.... Its his dinner.

29opo93.jpg

The yard owner heard me scream and came to the fence to see if i was okay (just had a pacemaker op, bless her!) and said that it was infact Prince's old owner on the paraglider who knew from past experience that it terrifies prince!

(Nasty words not suitable for open forum)

Adopter

Visit site
Glad you are OK, what an awful way to behave, how can someone be so irresponsible in control of a machine, and to behave in such a childish way, as you say the words to describe him are not printable on the forum.

Last edited:

bumper

Visit site
On the plus side, Prince looks SO much better: you are doing a cracking job young lady :)
I hope you are ok!!!
His ex owner is an A***hole Kno*head git.
What goes around comes around..I hope.

Oh..ETA...it's a shame he missed the power lines.

Moomin1

Visit site
This evening a paraglider visited the yard

At the time i was removing an escapee shetland from my field and back into his. The noise, sails and takeoff were so sudden the shetty kicked me in the stomach, then as i went down he bolted in front of me, then behind and then clambered over my body, stamping on my head twice before running off. Now, i shouldn't have been leading without a hat, but lets face it, on your own private yard, you dont expect there to be a engine powered paraglider less than 75 meters away! Cue all horses going crazy, blind panic and chaos!

The 'pilot' decided to take off directly across the field towards me and the horses and the housing estate rather than up it longways towards the countryside. After missing the powerlines by inches on the take off, he decided to circle the fields and surrounding roads so low a double decker bus would have taken him out. He left for an hour (while i checked myself for brain damage) then returned at a more reasonable height, Prince didn't like it.

http://youtu.be/2x_mxeqUJDE

Whats on Prince face you ask?
Well.... Its his dinner.

29opo93.jpg

The yard owner heard me scream and came to the fence to see if i was okay (just had a pacemaker op, bless her!) and said that it was infact Prince's old owner on the paraglider who knew from past experience that it terrifies prince!

(Nasty words not suitable for open forum)

Good grief, after being kicked in the stomach, and trampled in the head, I am surprised you haven't been to casualty!