I am so proud, yes i did cry!

silvershadow81

Visit site
I just wanted to share with you all a photo from this weekend <3

This is my man (the best) who didn't ride 3 years ago along with my very nearly 30 year old girl jumping this weekend at Arena UK (National Veteran Championships!)

attachment.php

He helps to muck her out, poo pick and keeps her ticking along riding (or walking) her out nearly every day.

She in turn has looked after him, teaching him to ride and jump. (She retired from eventing at 23 years old, but has showjumped, hunted and has done quadrille displays too since her 'retirement')

Hopefully this helps to show that at 15, when most are considered to be a veteran, they are really only middle aged and still have so much more to give. Just look after them correctly and listed when they tell you they are not happy!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lovely pic! Thanks for sharing, they both look fab. I was hoping to go with my oldie but she put herself off games (again) behaving like a 2 year old in the field. Maybe next year, been looking at everyones pics on FB and it looks like it was a great show.

silvershadow81

Visit site
Thank you. It was a very friendly show and nice to get her out and about for something other than pure showing (which she finds very boring!) Hopefully see you next year x

silvershadow81

Visit site
Horse looks lovely. Doesnt look its age though... looks about 15!
To keep going at the age is really is a testament to the owners correct management and care.

Ha ha! Ive had her 23 year now, she retired from eventing 5 years ago and then took up quadrille then veteran showing (the latter which we both find very boring!) so nice to see her being able to have a pop on a good surface, having fun! Her legs we clayed and bandaged afterward overnight, she is looked after better than any of my family! x