I am so so sorry, I don't know what else I could have done...

Vetwrap

Visit site
What a stunning boy. I really feel your pain, as I have to say farewell to our old boy in the next few days.

The greatest way to show your love for them, is to let them go with dignity.

Thinking of you.

babymare

Visit site
Oh my what a gorgeous handsome man:) your love for him shines from the photos. As i said earlier please please be kind to yourself. I understand what you are going through though big big hugs x x x

ozpoz

Visit site
So very sorry - but what a wonderful time he has had, especially with you there to make sure he didn't suffer at the end of his life.
xx

scheherazade

Visit site
Wow - thank you all for your kind messages and support, it really helps to know that despite what I am thinking, I am not being judged for this, and that you are all there for me, it means a lot xxx

cambrica

Visit site
It is heartbreaking for you, many on here know exactly what your going through and it is the hardest decision to make. Time will heal but for now be proud that you have made the kindest most selfless decision.
R.I.P handsome boy xxx

Nari

Visit site
There was nothing more that anyone could do to heal him & so you did the only kind thing that you could & gave him a peaceful end with those he loved. How is that something you need to apologise for? I'm so sorry for you though.

Sweet dreams Ziggy x

{97702}

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss :( But you did absolutely everything you could for Ziggy,including doing the right thing for him when it mattered most xx

mynutmeg

Visit site
Failing him would have been keeping him going for your sake when he was in pain, or keeping him going longer and letting him get worse. You haven't failed. You did all you could, and when that didn't work you gave him peace and freedom from pain.

Exactly - you did everything possible, you let him go when it was time even tho it was breaking your heart. He's now running free waiting for you.
He was absolutly gorgeous

FubsyMog

Visit site
Just checked back to see your pics. He was a beautiful horse - his leg and face markings very striking. I love the one where (I presume it is you?) are sitting by the tree and he is reaching down like he is smiling at you.

Tiffany

Visit site
I'm so sorry you had to make the heartbreaking decision to let you lovely boy go.
You certainly didn't fail him, you gave him every chance and you were brave enough to do what was best for him at the end.
Really feel for you (((hugs)))

scheherazade

Visit site
Thank you all again. I am now managing almost a minute at a time without sobbing - ridiculous, huh? FubsyMob, it was me, they are all me and him. God I loved that horse. Blubbing again :'(

Janette

Visit site
I was in the same place as you, last May. I had to have my beautiful girl pts. I understand why you are apologising, but truly, you have nothing to apologise for. I still cry now, and miss her dreadfully. Just believe in your heart that you did the right thing.
Hugs.