Pictures I cannot believe I am posting this - RIP Arizona

Esyllt

Visit site
Oh my gosh! I know words won't make it better, but thinking of you, and wishing you comfort as you remember Arizona, and know that you were there for her as swiftly as you could be, and alongside her when she needed you most. I am so, so sorry for your loss my lovely xx

skint1

Visit site
I am so very sorry to read this, RIP to the beautiful Arizona, my heart goes out to you for loss xx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Thank you everyone, we are absolutely broken.

It wasn’t helped by the fact that my poor husband tried to keep her off her leg in the vain hope that it might be reparable and held up 350kg of horse for 30 min.

He then collapsed when the vet arrived, and had a seizure so I had a vet and the ambulance out.

He just wanted so badly to be able fo help her.

He’s ok, and ECGs are normal. They are attributing the fit to sheer physical and emotional stress.

He's a flipping hero! I hope he's OK tomorrow, at least physically.

Sandstone1

Visit site
So heartbreaking for you both. She was such a beautiful filly. I hope your husband will be OK. I'm so sorry for you both. I don't know what else to say except I'm sure there are lots of people on here for you who although can't do anything to change the situation but are here to listen and help if they can.

Sheep

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear this, how utterly heartbreaking. She was a beautiful little filly and evidently much adored. I hope your two other girls can provide some solace at this time. Thinking of you and wishing your OH a speedy recovery xx

PapaverFollis

Visit site
My heart just broke for you reading your second post, LadyG. What a heroic thing LordG did. I'm sure having you both there and being helped to keep her weight off her leg made all the difference to her. But what a harrowing experience for you both. I hope you both have chance to rest and recover now.

I'm so sorry again. X

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So desperately, desperately sorry. Words are totally inadequate. Thinking of you and hope your awesome husband is ok. Physically anyway.

evie.equine

Visit site
Arizona broke her leg in the field today and there was nothing that we could do for her.

To say that I am devastated is an understatement.

They were all grazing quietly on flat ground, and the other two didn’t appear to move at all but when I turned around after weeding for a few minutes (maybe 3-4min) Arizona was down and couldn’t get up.

My husband and I were with her immediately and the vet was there in 20 min.

The vet could find no sign of anything to trip over or any ruts but the bone had shattered totally both above and below the knee.

Arizona was a bit away from the other two so there was no scuffle or kick. No one can find any cause.

I am completely in shock. I don’t even know what to do with myself.

She was every hope and dream embodied, with the kindest, gentlest disposition and the most exquisite, soft foal nose. I will miss my cuddles in the morning, her beautiful floating movement, her long eyelashes and quiet whickering greetings.

Words can’t express what we have lost.

View attachment 76408
I am so so sorry for your loss and we are all here for you rest in peace x