Pictures I cannot believe I am posting this - RIP Arizona

cariad

Visit site
Just adding to what everyone else has said in terms of sympathy. We found our Cleveland Bay mare dead in the field a few weeks back. Absolutely no inkling that there was anything wrong, she wasn't that old and in fact we found her on the morning that the vet was due to come to swab her as we were thinking of putting her in foal. It is just such a shock; first you just can't believe it and then you feel sort of numb. It's horrible, but there's nothig you could have done. As others have said as well, at least you were on the spot so she didn't suffer. There was thankfully no sign my mare did either, but it's still awful. Glad your husband is ok, what a great thing to do.

turkana

Visit site
I can't imagine how horrific this must have been, I have found a much loved horse fataly injured in the field & waiting with her for the vet was the worst time of my life but your poor husband holding your girl up whilst waiting for the vet & then collasping though the sheer effort, has bought me to tears. Poor you having to deal with that, there's nothing I can say apart from she was a lucky horse to be so loved & to have the people who loved her helping her at the end.
Be kind to yourselves, you deserve it

Birker2020

Visit site
I am so sorry for you, its a dreadful shock when you see that.

When my youngster broke his tibia the vet reckoned he'd been kicked hours before and it was a hairline, that doesn't take much to go.

My horse was PTS within 20 mins of being discovered and my friend saw it happen. Take comfort that you were there and go the vet to her quickly. RIP Arizona.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Thinking of you both I am glad your OH has had an all clear check up you must both be utterly shattered. Take care of yourselves.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts. Honestly, I have been so touched by every message.

I am incredibly lucky to have my husband. He cares so extremely deeply for all the creatures in our care, and he just gives his all for them and for me.

The only thing he couldn’t do was remove the apples from her water bucket after she’d gone. He said he couldn’t face it, he had hoped so much to teach her what an apple was - she was so confused by the concept of treats. We miss her little pink nose more than I ever thought possible.

TwyfordM

Visit site
Oh god I’m so so sorry, you must be in complete shock. Thank goodness you were there and able to act so quickly. Hope OH is on the mend quickly, take care of yourselves xx

atropa

Visit site
So incredibly sorry to read this, how horrendous for you both. What an amazing man your husband is. Glad he has had the all clear, please take care of yourselves.

ozpoz

Visit site
I am so very sorry. What a terrible shock for you both and devastating to lose her that way. Xx