I can't wait to .....

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I've just read a thread about soaking forage and thought "I can't wait to use up the last of my sugary forage, move onto timothy and straw and stop netting, soaking, draining and hauling heavy wet stuff about. Only 2 or 3 weeks to go, thanks goodness.

Anything you "can't wait" for?

Birker2020

Visit site
My holiday to the Isle of Wight in Sept with my partner and dog.

This is my fav photo of the three of us when we went to Carisbrooke Castle in the Isle of Wight, year before last. I'm excited about going there again as it was very dog friendly. There was only about 20 people on the whole site when we went on a weekday, it was great and its lovely for walking around the grounds too with the dog.

I just can't wait to escape. I was really happy and relaxed when that photo was taken, I'd give anything to feel joy again.

1621514846690.png

Last edited:

Caol Ila

Visit site
My youngster to settle at new yard, so she can go back to being as confident as she was before she moved. Once YO started turning her out, we were having a good time (albeit the 50 minute drive sucked for me).

That said, she's actually being amazing. When Gypsum, at age 19, moved to a yard where the summer turn-out fields had a lot of geographical separation from the barn, she went psycho when I would bring her down to barn while the horses were out (luckily, it wasn't 24/7 turn-out, so they came in at 4-ish). Forgot all training about personal space and everything else. Would not stand still. Would run laps around her stable if you put her in it. Riding in the outdoor was a rodeo. It was fun. I used to do things like bring her in just before YO brought in the rest of the herd, so she would have a little 'alone' time but then the others would appear before she completely lost her mind. It took a couple YEARS before she would accept being down there all by herself without histrionics. Filly = nowhere near that level of stress. Not even close! I think we'll get there sooner than a couple years.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
so many things... right now I can't wait to move the baby horses so they can eat the grass I've saved for them, and I can stop freaking out about the hay situ and it will also take one yard off my list of places to visit each day. Unfortunately, for that to happen, lorry needs a bit of welding, and for that to be possible the rain needs to stop so OH won't electrocute himself doing it. So yeah I'm joining in the HHOers doing the sunshine-dance.

rextherobber

Visit site
My holiday to the Isle of Wight in Sept with my partner and dog.

This is my fav photo of the three of us when we went to Carisbrooke Castle in the Isle of Wight, year before last. I'm excited about going there again as it was very dog friendly. There was only about 20 people on the whole site when we went on a weekday, it was great and its lovely for walking around the grounds too with the dog.

I just can't wait to escape. I was really happy and relaxed when that photo was taken, I'd give anything to feel joy again.

View attachment 72237
I think the IOW must be the most dog friendly place in the UK, also holidayed there with our dog, and when waiting outside shops for my partner, just about every place came over and said to cone in with him. Also never had a problem eating out, so long as he was by our table. IOW is a wonderful place!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
To visit elder son's new flat that he moved into before Christmas. Have technically been able to go there even during lockdown as we and he are in a bubble, but I was playing it safe.

Now I am post jab#2, so I have finally been there today!

And the flat is very nice, and he's keeping it tidy!

Birker2020

Visit site
I think the IOW must be the most dog friendly place in the UK, also holidayed there with our dog, and when waiting outside shops for my partner, just about every place came over and said to cone in with him. Also never had a problem eating out, so long as he was by our table. IOW is a wonderful place!
Yes I agree. As we had to cancel our holiday to Malta due to Covid we booked Isle of Wight, it was my decision, OH wasn't really fussed where we went but it feels more of a holiday going down to Lymington, seeing the New Forest ponies and then going across on the ferry.

We found that it was really dog friendly, we even went to a zoo the one year with the dog.

SEL

Visit site
I can't wait for the rain to stop! Seriously whoever did the rain dance a month ago woke up the weather gods - after the hail and thunderstorms this week we now have high winds.

I have a field turning to mud, a horse who has made herself sore doing acrobatics in it and a lot of baby veg that I daren't plant out because they would think it was winter.

(also hate soaking hay and doing too much of it right now!)

Enfys

Visit site
It to cool down just a couple of degrees, and for the humidity to do one.
It is only 28c but just moving today is an effort, I want to ride, horse hates the heat.

Enfys

Visit site
I can't wait for tomorrow morning because OH is off work and we're going out for breakfast... full English... Large Full English :p
Lucky you, enjoy, we are still in total lockdown, no eating out for us, unless it is a takeout :( Really not quite the same.
Also, doubly lucky you because you have proper bacon, not the fatty skinny travesty that passes for bacon here. :D

PurBee

Visit site
Some sun?

a spring/summer season...just to experience a full spring opening into a full summer again....wow, that would be marvellous!

Currently have a storm swirling around ireland, hitting us hardest on the west facing the atlantic....rain for 24hrs so far continuous, set to continue until mid-day tomorrow....everything is flooded.
Temps have barely peeped above 10 degrees during the day this year.

note: never live facing a huge ocean that faces the predominant incoming weather streams - be at least 50 miles inland Or you’ll feel like you bought a ship IN said ocean facing storm after storm, no matter the season!

Elno

Visit site
I can't wait for the end of summer when my horse is back from being away for the summer months being professionally ridden/educated. Miss her already and she's not due to leave for the trainer until three more weeks ?? She's just so damn nice right now and a pure joy to be around and ride.