I clearly have too much time on my hands. It seems like someone is telling porkies...

pinktiger

Visit site
the BE website to me is by far the best equestrian results system there is!! Its easy to navigate and has plenty of information on it, totally brilliant and alot of the other webbies could take a leaf out of BE's book(*falls off soapbox*)!!! Its about time BS also did the same and didnt charge 5/10 quid for a printout imho(if be can do it so can BS (BD do it too as far as i know you can become an associate member which is free, and then look up results for free)!! BUT having a friend looking for a showjumper recently she looked at about 6 and ofcourse bought the printout ect,!! It would make your eyes water to hear the stories the owners were telling her and what the actual printouts were saying!!! She too opted for a youngster to 'know' exactly what she had!!!

susie2193

Visit site
You've got me at it now, just had a quick look at the ads and found a 13.2 pony with a BE record !!!! Now I thought that you couldn't compete at BE less than 14hh. I'm not disputing that this is a fantastic pony and probably worth the money, but to advertise on the BE website as 13.2 and with a BE record.

IANB

Visit site
BE need to improve the stats in some cases and have a technical elimination,one of ours missed a xc fence and is the only blot on a completly unblemished record and another got to xc start to late and couldnt run,another E on an perfect record,but nobody believes us !!

VRIN

Visit site
They did have Technical elimination but it was being abused -eg a rider (and some of the top ones did this might I add) may have had several refusals on a horse, rather than have that on the horses record they would 'miss a fence' or something similar and hence TE not the big E or lots of XC penalities...

dominobrown

Visit site
A few people at hutton this year got E's for not going through the finish xc, despite jumping clear around the whole flipping course!
Also often there are reasons behind things going wrong. Though I think that isn't the probelm. If the seller is honest and upfront I would maybe consider a horse with a few E's but as soon as a seller tells a lie (most) people walk away and rightly so too.

measles

Visit site
There is the age old SJ trick that some vendors use where they have a continental horse who came into the country aged 8 or over and then were automatically registered by BS as a Grade A or JA pony. These horses or ponies may never have left the ground before or only jump 1m tracks here whilst claims about their 1.30 or GP career are promoted by the vendor.

Buyer beware!

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
There is the age old SJ trick that some vendors use where they have a continental horse who came into the country aged 8 or over and then were automatically registered by BS as a Grade A or JA pony. These horses or ponies may never have left the ground before or only jump 1m tracks here whilst claims about their 1.30 or GP career are promoted by the vendor.

Buyer beware!

There was an HHOer not so long ago who advertised their horse as having X amount of BD points, omitting the rather pertinent fact that all but about 2 were slapped on due to the horse being imported :rolleyes:

diggerbez

Visit site
the BE website to me is by far the best equestrian results system there is!! Its easy to navigate and has plenty of information on it, totally brilliant and alot of the other webbies could take a leaf out of BE's book(*falls off soapbox*)!!! Its about time BS also did the same and didnt charge 5/10 quid for a printout imho(if be can do it so can BS (BD do it too as far as i know you can become an associate member which is free, and then look up results for free)!! BUT having a friend looking for a showjumper recently she looked at about 6 and ofcourse bought the printout ect,!! It would make your eyes water to hear the stories the owners were telling her and what the actual printouts were saying!!! She too opted for a youngster to 'know' exactly what she had!!!

but on the BS records i think it just shows placings and DCs? so you can take a horse out and get eliminated 200 times and it won't show on record?

with regards to ian's point about TEs- yes they got rid of them because they were being abused. however, if you notice a horse that has been TE tends to have EE as the code on the record. one that has refused etc will have ER3 instead. if you are selling a horse with a TE the buyer can ring BE and apparantly they will check the full results as to why it got E'd for them :) My horse has a TE because i am an idiot and didn't walk the course properly so came out of the water the wrong way- was gutted as he jumped so well and it was his first BE

jumptoit

Visit site
You've got me at it now, just had a quick look at the ads and found a 13.2 pony with a BE record !!!! Now I thought that you couldn't compete at BE less than 14hh. I'm not disputing that this is a fantastic pony and probably worth the money, but to advertise on the BE website as 13.2 and with a BE record.

I have seen BSJA registered 138 ponies win BE and no one has said a thing, it just seems to go unnoticed.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
sometimes the officials do get it wrong though... either way, not getting round BE90 sj is not great!

That is true!! I managed 3 errors on my BE record in first half dozen runs this year. A stop I didn't have first event that I was too green to challenge as first event, results on my record for an event I wd from (managed to get that removed) and an elimination XC for accumulated refusals that was also wrong as the scorer put down 2 stops I did not have (fence judge records were checked and showed that completely wrong)! Managed to get that one resolved too.